PDA

View Full Version : New suspensions

Neil
18/10/2001, 11:35 AM
Dunno about the following? Saw it on JW's...

The following suspensions were issued by the Disciplinary Commission at their meeting of the 17.10.01 and will take effect in the week commencing Wednesday, 31st October, 2001.

Pat Morley Suspended for one (1) competitive games as a result of Finn Harps accumulating eight (8) penalty points and fined £20.00

niamh
18/10/2001, 12:04 PM
A £20 fine will surely stop him from going over his point limit again!

Jim Smith
18/10/2001, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by neil

Pat Morley Suspended for one (1) competitive games as a result of Finn Harps accumulating eight (8) penalty points and fined £20.00

I knew the organisation was a bit of a mess but this? Maybe if City accumulate enough penalty points we could get Glen Crowe suspended and fined in time for the next game at the X :D

pete
18/10/2001, 5:26 PM
I think itssupposed to be something like

Pat Morley (Finn Harps) Suspended for one (1) competitive games as a result of accumulating eight (8) penalty points and fined £20.00.

Its the way JW cut 'n pastes them from FAI press release thingie.

So just means they got skippys club incorrect as opposed to banning him for points the harps accumulated.......

Hope that stops the fun ;)

Jim Smith
18/10/2001, 10:58 PM
It is the FAI rebel - so Iwouldn't be so quick to rule out the insane explanations :D

Gerry Desmond
19/10/2001, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
It is the FAI rebel - so Iwouldn't be so quick to rule out the insane explanations :D

I had it confirmed that the 'Finn Harps' thing was a genuine blooper, and that Skippy definitely has another one match suspension coming up. Should keep a few regulars here fairly happy, unfortunately....

Gerry

Neil
19/10/2001, 9:09 AM
Bad news...

We need Morley, especially for games like tomorrow nights at Bohs (ie. away from home, need to hold on to ball, need intelligent players, the morons form the Shed usually don't travel)

Gary
19/10/2001, 6:39 PM
Great news!

We don't need Morleys class. We do after all have Noel Hartigan, our very own legend in the making, to step into the breach. He'll probably play tomorrow night again, so we need not worry, he'll score many blinding goals and City will win comfortably.

Troy.McClure
19/10/2001, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Great news!

We do after all have Noel Hartigan, our very own legend in the making, to step into the breach. He'll probably play tomorrow night again, so we need not worry, he'll score many blinding goals and City will win comfortably.

I hate to remind you, but it was Hartigan who set-up the winner against Bohs last year. Please put that in your pipe and smoke it. He's a City player and we should support him. He (tries) to give his all in a City shirt and even if he's not the best, atleast he doesnt moan about the manager,supporters etc.

Gary
19/10/2001, 8:34 PM
Put what exactly in what pipe?

Okay, he did something good last year.

I do agree with you though. Its not his fault that Gunther picks him week in week out. I'm not sure I'd agree about him giving his all though. I don't think the guy has ever broken a sweat.

Neil
20/10/2001, 2:25 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
atleast he doesnt moan about the manager,supporters etc.
to whom do you refer Troy?