PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good things at 2/1 or slightly more...

Den Perry
01/12/2009, 2:57 PM
Right, have it in my mind to do a treble over the next two weeks. Want to chance a 100 euro (that's a big bet for me, but havn't really been gambling over last few months) treble. Will do it patiently, so if i have two wait for the three events over the two weeks so be it. Was thinking along the line of three draws (always at least 11/5)in the football, but draws are extremely dodgy to bet on. Havn't really been following the nags too closely recently.

Just asking lads if they really fancy a team, nag etc in the 2/1 region over the next few weeks.

That will set me up nicely for the Chrimbo and auld trip away after.

Cheers

dan o d
02/12/2009, 5:06 PM
serbia to win the world cup at 66/1. but u wont have your money til next christmas!

CF1989
03/12/2009, 3:01 PM
stacey to win x factor at 10/3

DmanDmythDledge
04/12/2009, 2:14 PM
He's asking for stuff that has a good chance of winning, not outside bets.

I agree that draws are dodgy bets. I practically always stay from them- if you think a match could be a draw it could go either way so you can't be certain (in betting terms) of the bet winning.

Anyway Notre Pere at Leopardstown (http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/lexus-chase) (27th Dec) is the best I can find at the moment. Kauto Star is more of a sure thing but odds are just below evens so not what you are looking for.

Den Perry
06/12/2009, 12:29 AM

I agree that draws are dodgy bets. I practically always stay from them- if you think a match could be a draw it could go either way so you can't be certain (in betting terms) of the bet winning.

Anyway Notre Pere at Leopardstown (http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/lexus-chase) (27th Dec) is the best I can find at the moment. Kauto Star is more of a sure thing but odds are just below evens so not what you are looking for.

thanks for that. Havn't picked it yet. Was going to pick to legs of it today. Barnsley at 11/4 to beat blackpool and big zeb was 2/1 this morning..good job I held tight!!

Den Perry
06/12/2009, 12:40 AM

Just looked at that sight there. very good, thanks for that. Forest at 9/4 away to SheffUtd on Tuesday night look very tempting

Real ale Madrid
07/12/2009, 12:54 PM
You should have 50e e/w on Chapoteurgeon to win the Boylesports Chase at cheltenham on Saturday. Fell lto over similar distance at same course, only 5 - could have a little in hand over the handicapper. You prob get 1/4 e/w the first 4 - currently approx 7/1.

Den Perry
07/12/2009, 7:53 PM
You should have 50e e/w on Chapoteurgeon to win the Boylesports Chase at cheltenham on Saturday. Fell lto over similar distance at same course, only 5 - could have a little in hand over the handicapper. You prob get 1/4 e/w the first 4 - currently approx 7/1.

Cheers.He's won over course and distance as well I see.Nicholl's has some record in the feature races over the last few saturdays as well

Real ale Madrid
14/12/2009, 1:10 PM
Fair played to Daryl Jacob who miraculously stayed on board Chapoturgeon at the last fence on Saturday - I thought the money was done. No lottery won but a small profit on the 4th placed finish. Poquelin a really good winner.

HarpoJoyce
16/12/2009, 3:06 PM
(2/1 is kinda my pricing too.... sometimes just Evens)

Treble:
Chelsea to beat Portsmouth
Heerenveen to beat Ventspils
Olympique Lyon to beat Bologne
(Just a little worried about Heerenveen I don't like betting on poor performing teams).

Double:
Dinamo Zagreb to beat FC Timisoara
Lazio to beat Levski Sofia

Treble;
Chelsea to beat Portsmouth
Benfica to beat AEK
Ajax to beat Anderlecht
(although Anderlecht are fighting to stay in EL)

One double that's about 4-1 (treat yourself)
Southampton to beat Norwich
FC Basel to beat Fulham
(Hodgson is a factor though).

I hope to do these today but the Zagreb and Lazio double is one I would stand over.

Mr A
16/12/2009, 3:41 PM
Southampton Norwich was last night wasn't it? Went to penalties.

De Town
16/12/2009, 3:49 PM
Southampton Norwich was last night wasn't it? Went to penalties.

It was indeed, Southampton's failure to win in 90 minutes costing me a nice little sum from an accumulator. :mad:

Mr A
20/12/2009, 10:46 AM
Birmingham at 7/2 away to Everton looks good to me. Birmingham are on a great winning run and Everton have an absolutely horrible injury crisis.

I actually have it as part of a patent, and with Portsmouth and Fulham having done the business this could be very good for me. Which is probably a good reason to bet on Everton!