PDA

View Full Version : Worst album of the decade....

Pauro 76
01/12/2009, 1:29 PM
Mine will have to go to..........

Weezer - Raditude

This album stinks to high heaven. Just tragic for a band capable of great albums such as Pinkerton and The Green Album. Lyrics are dreadful, tailor-made for high school movies.... Song titles like 'Cant Stop Partying, 'Im Your Daddy', 'The Girl Got Hot', just a stupid stupid album. Rivers Cuomo is 40 by the way.

ken foree
01/12/2009, 2:05 PM
well i won't say worst but most disappointing for me was this california band, comets on fire ('avatar') which sounded like lame-a$$ doobie brothers modern rock. before that they were psych-rock gods in the making, three terrific records in the mold of a band like blue cheer.

Park_Lane
01/12/2009, 3:33 PM
Guns N' Rose - Chinese Democracy

A complete turd of an album. Took him 15 years to make and all! Self indulgent crap.

tetsujin1979
01/12/2009, 3:56 PM
Pearl Jam - Riot Act
might not be the worst album, just the most disappointing

SligoBrewer
02/12/2009, 12:09 AM
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium.

Atrocious stuff.

Pauro 76
02/12/2009, 8:22 AM
Metallica - St. Anger...

No guitar solos! And drums that sounded like tinny trashcans. What were they thinking?

tetsujin1979
02/12/2009, 11:03 AM
Metallica - St. Anger...

No guitar solos! And drums that sounded like tinny trashcans. What were they thinking?
I actually fell asleep the first time I listened to it!

Wangball
02/12/2009, 1:21 PM
Any of Oasis output should be put forward for this, never has a band's decline been so steep

thischarmingman
02/12/2009, 2:04 PM
Metallica - St. Anger...

In fairness, Death Magnetic's great :)

Pauro 76
02/12/2009, 2:22 PM
In fairness, Death Magnetic's great :)

Death Magnetic is superb, I have to agree. St. Anger is just dreadful. Another nomination for Worst Album.........

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water

I admit, I actually did like Significant Other at the time, but this is just lowest common denominator stuff.

twoenz
02/12/2009, 6:42 PM
Sorry to hear that about Raditude. I really liked the Red Album.

Chinese Democracy was OK I thought. I've never been a fan, but you get what you expected from it.

And anyone that actually expects something from an Oasis album.... Jesus.

Razorlight's second album was awful. No Line on the Horizon has, or hasn't as the case may be, its moments.

thischarmingman
03/12/2009, 12:39 AM
Death Magnetic is superb, I have to agree. St. Anger is just dreadful. Another nomination for Worst Album.........

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water

I admit, I actually did like Significant Other at the time, but this is just lowest common denominator stuff.

I agree with this entire post. As a 'genre milestone' Significant Other is up there, although I don't think I'd put it forward for any awards. Chocolate Starfish is just awful...

Lionel Ritchie
03/12/2009, 9:33 AM
Trying to take a holistic and in some way scientific overview - I'd have to go with Damien Rice' O.

That it's not to my personal taste is scarcely important (other than to me of course) but it just further fed a beast in terms of our national overstock of blokes with acoustic guitars singing wetknickersong.

BTW ...the two singles off St Anger, a couple of dodgy lyrics aside, are savage. The album is weak though. I like the actual sound it mind, including Ulrichs off-snare. Sounds more like a hardcore record than a traditional metal record.

tiktok
03/12/2009, 9:49 AM
The Killers - Sam's Town
The Killers - Day & Age.

I can't choose which of these was worse.

Pauro 76
03/12/2009, 10:47 AM
The Killers - Sam's Town
The Killers - Day & Age.

I can't choose which of these was worse.

I'd say Day & Age is worse, very weak album. I actually prefer Sam's Town to Hot Fuss.

Wolfie
03/12/2009, 12:42 PM
This site and some carefully chosen reviews can usually help avoid Turkeys but I have had the misfortune to hear these 3 during the last 10 years:

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - Oasis
12 Memories - Travis
O - Damien Rice

Paulie
03/12/2009, 1:00 PM
Exciter by Depeche Mode. A truly awful album.

On a more positive note, anybody who likes synth music should check out their album Violator, which to me is the best synth album ever made.

gustavo
04/12/2009, 11:43 AM
This site and some carefully chosen reviews can usually help avoid Turkeys but I have had the misfortune to hear these 3 during the last 10 years:

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants - Oasis
12 Memories - Travis
O - Damien Rice
I personally rate SOTSOG as being better than Heathen Chemistry :) theres at least 5-6 good tunes on it

Wolfie
04/12/2009, 12:37 PM
I personally rate SOTSOG as being better than Heathen Chemistry :) theres at least 5-6 good tunes on it

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Gustavo.

"Little James" for Christs sake!!!

gustavo
04/12/2009, 12:51 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Gustavo.

"Little James" for Christs sake!!!

Little James is a shocker alright :)

But "GO Let it out" "Who feels Love" "Gas Panic" "****ing in the Bushes" and "Sunday Morning Call" are all decent tunes IMO

Pauro 76
04/12/2009, 1:23 PM
Little James is a shocker alright :)

But "GO Let it out" "Who feels Love" "Gas Panic" "****ing in the Bushes" and "Sunday Morning Call" are all decent tunes IMO

Thought 'Where Did It All Go Wrong' was a decent track too. But Little James... what a car crash of a song. Wonder what Mrs Kensit thinks of it now.

corkharps
04/12/2009, 1:30 PM
Anything by Damien Demspey, I'm just horrified that there are a few out there that haven't copped on to the hype! Truely awfull!

twoenz
07/12/2009, 4:55 PM
Anything by Damien Demspey, I'm just horrified that there are a few out there that haven't copped on to the hype! Truely awfull!

Christ I hate him. Butchering his guitar and our ears every time he opens his mouth. Painting himself as some sort of Irish 21st Century Woodie Guthrie. It's excruciating to hear and see.