PDA

View Full Version : Cork City website

Mark
01/12/2009, 1:22 PM
http://www.eecho.ie/

seemingly Declan Carey took the City website down last night. anyone know why exactly?
(apart from all the obvious ones)

Mr A
01/12/2009, 1:29 PM
The website administrator wasn't paid for months according to the CCFC forum.

Leeside Swagger
01/12/2009, 2:28 PM
Its been going on for ages, remember the incident with the live updates.

micls
01/12/2009, 2:36 PM
http://www.eecho.ie/

seemingly Declan Carey took the City website down last night. anyone know why exactly?
(apart from all the obvious ones)

Yep, like the million other creditors he's owed a load of money, has repeatedly tried to sort it in others ways, gave notice of this happening and was ignored.

Im sure Tom will get someone to throw something up soon, but just anoher episode Cork City FC's tv show. Dream team couldnt make this stuff up

Dodge
01/12/2009, 2:46 PM
The website administrator wasn't paid for months according to the CCFC forum.

wait, they paid someone to do their website? I'd imagine that nearly every other club would have volunteers do it. I'd expect the club to pay for hosting etc

blackholesun
01/12/2009, 3:15 PM
Isnt it part of the licensing that every club has a regularly updated website?

TNB better get the finger out and get this sorted ASAP.

bhs

Mr A
01/12/2009, 3:21 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell they'd refuse a license over the lack of a website.

Although an unpaid website admin might be a different kettle of fish....

L37Ultra
01/12/2009, 3:26 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell they'd refuse a license over the lack of a website.

Although an unpaid website admin might be a different kettle of fish....

But thats the main reason why they have no website because the website admin is unpaid.

Mark
01/12/2009, 3:46 PM
Isnt it part of the licensing that every club has a regularly updated website?

TNB better get the finger out and get this sorted ASAP.

bhs

Not sure it is part of licensing, but there may be something about not having any stories that may criticise the FAI. Didn't Derry get into trouble for having a link to comments that were actually on another site or message board?

thesilverfox
01/12/2009, 3:49 PM
Its been going on for ages, remember the incident with the live updates.

what happened with the updates?

Leeside Swagger
01/12/2009, 4:04 PM
what happened with the updates?

See post #1009 on this thread:
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1252559#post1252559

yiddo
04/12/2009, 4:47 PM
few lines on the back of today's Evening Echo

Meanwhile Declan Carey has asked us to point out that the reason the Cork City webiste was taken down was that despite repeated requests for payment from Cork City Football Club he has not been paid by the club for work done on the website in the past five months. Tom Coughlan was unavailable for comment today.

Doomofman
04/12/2009, 4:49 PM
And that's why most clubs have volunteers running the websites...

yiddo
04/12/2009, 4:57 PM

the guy started out as a voulenteer 4 or 5 years ago and then in 2007 he club said they'd pay him. he does everything including hosting so some of the money owed would relate to that!

RĂ©iteoir
04/12/2009, 6:13 PM

Yep - when I was taking care of the Bohs site a couple of seasons ago - I never received or expected payment.

I did however get given tickets for any Bohs game I was over for.

micls
04/12/2009, 6:17 PM
Yep - when I was taking care of the Bohs site a couple of seasons ago - I never received or expected payment.

I did however get given tickets for any Bohs game I was over for.

Our webmaster didnt start out expecting payment either.

A few years ago the club made the decision to pay him on the basis of the amount of money that was being made through the online shop.

Coughlan also had the cheek not even a month ago to ask him to make it a fulltime position, while not paying what he owed. Unsurprisingly, he declined.

I'd be shocked if he's gotten a penny for hosting etc either.

If the club had a problem with paying someone for this, they should have sat down and discussed it with him, rather than just ignoring it and not paying him what they'd agreed.

It's not about the money, it's about how the club treats it's employees, and showing a small bit of respect.