PDA

View Full Version : World Cup in Ireland..

Sicuani
30/11/2009, 10:34 PM
FIFA have informed The English FA and FAI that they will allow the English FA to submit Dublin as a venue for the 2018 World Cup.

FIFA are said to have told the English FA that they would look favourably upon their bid if they included an Irish venue.

Details of The Aviva Stadium were given to the FA last week.

FIFA have told the FAI that there is nothing they can do about South Africa 2010, but have pointed out the amount of money that would be brought into Ireland by having one of the group stage as well as a Quarter-Final in Ireland.

FIFA have told the FAI that two qualifying teams will be based in Ireland.

In the event of the above happening Ireland would not qualify automatically, but would be seeded in the qualifiers.

dan o d
30/11/2009, 10:39 PM
where did you hear this? it would be very interesting. im not sure if the fa would allow dublin be a venue however aa the competition in england for the 15 host stadia is very intense

irishfan86
30/11/2009, 10:40 PM
Source?

Sicuani
30/11/2009, 10:43 PM
where did you hear this? it would be very interesting. im not sure if the fa would allow dublin be a venue however aa the competition in england for the 15 host stadia is very intense

Just ..mmmmm.....heard it...

FIFA would look favourably at Englands bid if they included an Irish venue...they would not be impressed if an Irish venue was not included and would look at other options....meaning the FA could have their arm forced.

The FAI will of course deny all of this...

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 10:44 PM
you better not be screwing with us or ill hunt you down myself!! :)

Torn-Ado
30/11/2009, 10:47 PM
Steaming pile of shoite I reckon.

tiktok
30/11/2009, 10:50 PM
......and there was I believing people who were telling me the whinging was about a generation of kids who could be lost to the game because cheaters were prospering.

Bit daft signing up to co-host a World Cup and not getting automatically qualified, we'd be like a eunuch at an orgy.

Predator
30/11/2009, 10:55 PM
Bit daft signing up to co-host a World Cup and not getting automatically qualified, we'd be like a eunuch at an orgy.
Best I've heard all day! Haha!

gustavo
01/12/2009, 8:15 AM
Thread closed until such time as Sicuani can reveal his source