PDA

View Full Version : Bray lodging complaint against Fingal?

Pages : [1] 2

tiktok
30/11/2009, 9:00 PM
Mods way want to delete this as it's a rumour, but I got a text that Bray have lodged a complaint against Fingal winning the play-off in the basis that Darren Quigley was on loan from Derry and that since Derry held his registration he should not have been available for selection after their contract with the league was cancelled?

Again, may be nonsense, but I found it interesting.

Sam_Heggy
30/11/2009, 9:06 PM
It's been so long now since the last scandal that, this is a real welcome addition to an otherwise dull and uneventful off season.

Dillonman
30/11/2009, 9:10 PM
Jaysus, is this month a lodge complaints month or sumit?!:D

Roo69
30/11/2009, 9:42 PM
This was mentioned the night of the 2nd play off match by various journos at the match and was posted on the thread about the match. I've heard nothing since.

Riddickcule
30/11/2009, 9:51 PM
If the Fai are banging on about fair play then surely oh surely this appeal will be a success :D

sligoman
30/11/2009, 9:52 PM
We'll win this cup yet...

Sam_Heggy
30/11/2009, 10:08 PM
Jaysus, is this month a lodge complaints month or sumit?!:D

Dahamsta, I wish to formally lodge a complaint against Dillonman. He seems to think he is from Yorkshire.
I can picture him walking around Dundalk with a scruffy woolen hat, tatty trousers and a pair of wellies whilst constantly screaming out, "I love thee Nora Batty" like some sort of torrette patient. :D

Sorry to go off topic but I couldn't resist the urge :p

thischarmingman
30/11/2009, 10:10 PM
I can picture him walking around Dundalk with a scruffy woolen hat, tatty trousers and a pair of wellies whilst constantly screaming out, "I love thee Nora Batty" like some sort of torrette patient. :D

What is it about oddly surreal (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1285400&postcount=2740) remarks on here today?

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 10:23 PM
What is it about oddly surreal (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1285400&postcount=2740) remarks on here today?
wre just all getting bored because no club has spontaniously combusted in the last 24 hours were trying to become intresting people to componsate?.....:rolleyes:

Ciaran W
30/11/2009, 10:31 PM
They wont get a replay off the fai,never !

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 10:42 PM
They wont get a replay off the fai,never !
they should go ring mr blatter:rolleyes:
Could they actually get the CAS involved? justout of intrest or would that be ott?

gustavo
30/11/2009, 10:57 PM
We'll win this cup yet...

I can see John Delaney foaming at the mouth in the interests of fair play

Sicuani
30/11/2009, 11:17 PM
Soure?

Or is a text acceptable??

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 11:25 PM
Soure?

Or is a text acceptable??
did you not just get a thread closed because you had no source?:rolleyes: ah he explains it in the first post i dont mind the thread being here it is plausable for bry to atleast want to know if any wrong doing has accured

corkboy360
30/11/2009, 11:50 PM
Sad from Bray

kdjaC
30/11/2009, 11:55 PM
Heard it on newstalk on friday, laughed.

pineapple stu
01/12/2009, 8:58 AM
I can see John Delaney foaming at the mouth in the interests of fair play
Nah. Sure he already said that it doesn't matter at LoI level.

Ronnie
01/12/2009, 9:25 AM
IF - Quigley was out of contract with Derry City on the day the season ended then Bray, Shels and Sligo have a point. Under the loans Derry would pay Quigley and Fingal would pay Derry. What Fingal pay Derry may be less than what Derry pay Quigley , (completely separate from the two contracts crack). But if this is the case, Quigley finished with Derry on last day of league season so technically he was not registered with any club on the day after.

The loan agreement would either say the end of the 09 season, which would suit Fingal, or a specific date, and if its a specific date, then Fingal could have a problem if that date was the day the regular season ended.

SligoBrewer
01/12/2009, 9:36 AM
I don't care tbh. Just want to forget the Cup Final.

We lost, time to get over it.

peadar1987
01/12/2009, 10:01 AM
I'm slightly torn.

On one hand I don't want to see Bray (undeservedly, on the pitch at least) stay up at the expense of another club because of an off-the-field incident.

On the other hand, Quigley was possibly the single player most responsible for us losing the playoff.

I suppose it depends on what actually occurred. If the loan was until the end of the regular season, and Fingal kept Quigley beyond that date so he could play in the playoff, I'd be just about okay with the result being overturned (or playing a replay). If it was a minor technicality in teh registration process resulting from Derry's expulsion from the league, it's just nit-picking from our board, and I would rather play in the first division next season than stay up like that.

Roo69
01/12/2009, 10:24 AM
IF - Quigley was out of contract with Derry City on the day the season ended then Bray, Shels and Sligo have a point. Under the loans Derry would pay Quigley and Fingal would pay Derry. What Fingal pay Derry may be less than what Derry pay Quigley , (completely separate from the two contracts crack). But if this is the case, Quigley finished with Derry on last day of league season so technically he was not registered with any club on the day after.

The loan agreement would either say the end of the 09 season, which would suit Fingal, or a specific date, and if its a specific date, then Fingal could have a problem if that date was the day the regular season ended.

100% correct. But its a big IF.

IF Quigley was not eligable to play then Sporting have won promotion to the Preier Division and won the FAI Cup by breaking the rules. In doing so and by breaking the rules they have qualified for Europe and the Setanta Cup next season.

I actually think its only right for clubs to question if Quigley was eligble to play in these games. If he was then fine, no problems what so ever, but if they have broken the rules they have broken the rules and severly gained in doing so.

At the end of the day, Quigley was the difference between Bray and Sporting over the 2 games.

brendy_éire
01/12/2009, 11:41 AM
As Derry are still affiliated to the FAI, I can't see this being a legitimate gripe.

But we're not. We had a contract with the FAI terminated.

I think it's safe to assume that our contract with Quigley (and all players) would have ran until the end of November at least, to cover us for the Cup final. Similarly, I would guess that Fingal's loan agreement would cover the same period.
The difficulty might arise if our players' registrations with the FAI ended when the club's contract with the FAI was terminated.
Since at that stage we wouldn't have been a League club, would that have invalidated our loan agreement with Fingal?

tiktok
01/12/2009, 11:46 AM
The difficulty might arise if our players' registrations with the FAI ended when the club's contract with the FAI was terminated.

I don't think that would have been the case, didn't the FAI threaten to hold the registrations of any player who didn't come forward, so the players' registration must have been held [in some form at least] with the association separate to Derry.

osarusan
01/12/2009, 11:48 AM
If Quigley's contract was no longer valid, would any punishment be subject to proof that it was Fingal who were at fault for the error?

Ezeikial
01/12/2009, 12:03 PM
Its reasonable to expect any semi-efficient club secretary would check with the FAI about the status of a player in these circumstances.

It's not as if Quigleys loan from Derry or Derry's difficulties with the FAI would have been unknown to Sporting Fingal. If they did so check, Sporting Fingal should issue a statement for the benefit of their supporters to end this speculation

tiktok
01/12/2009, 12:05 PM
Sporting Fingal should issue a statement for the benefit of their supporters to end this speculation

Agreed. I'm sure the two lads are extremely worried right now.

Captain2007
01/12/2009, 12:43 PM
Sad from Bray

Corkboy League officials brought it to Bray's attention after 1st play/off leg, just to clarify Bray would not have lodged protest otherwise, Fingal deserved their place in the top division over the 2 legs.

pineapple stu
01/12/2009, 12:47 PM
Throw Cork out, keep Bray and giggle at Shels' request for a play-off replay. Everyone who matters happy.

tiktok
01/12/2009, 12:47 PM
Corkboy League officials brought it to Bray's attention after 1st play/off leg, just to clarify Bray would not have lodged protest otherwise, Fingal deserved their place in the top division over the 2 legs.

So it's true?
Strange that league officials would point it out.

marinobohs
01/12/2009, 1:16 PM
So it's true?
Strange that league officials would point it out.

Why the F*****n hell did those officials not point it out to Sporting ? While they (any club) should not have to be told it is mindboggling that a league official would know a team was playing an illegible player and would warn the opposition and not the offender.:confused::confused:

Dodge
01/12/2009, 2:44 PM
Why the F*****n hell did those officials not point it out to Sporting ? While they (any club) should not have to be told it is mindboggling that a league official would know a team was playing an illegible player and would warn the opposition and not the offender.:confused::confused:

Is it realy mind boggling? Seriously, a league of official could dock a team 10 points for the colour of their socks and I'd just shrug at thsi stage.

Thats not to say that they didnt tell Finglas either. They might have thought "sod it, he's played in 2 play off games aleady" and played him hoping it'd blow over

Be interesting to see the FAI reaction while they're on their "fairness" high horse

Fingal Fan
01/12/2009, 4:18 PM
A lot of grasping at straws going on here .Bray and Sligo had the opportunity to beat Fingal were it matters - ON THE PITCH - and didnt manage to do so . Move on .

Dodge
01/12/2009, 4:26 PM
A lot of grasping at straws going on here .Bray and Sligo had the opportunity to beat Fingal were it matters - ON THE PITCH - and didnt manage to do so . Move on .

You're obviiously new to the league...

Hairy Bowsie
01/12/2009, 4:27 PM
It'd be a nice change to actually see something settled on the pitch.

De Town
01/12/2009, 4:28 PM
It'd be a nice change to actually see something settled on the pitch.

Feck that, it's way more exciting this way.

Aaron
01/12/2009, 4:34 PM
When we had our contract terminated, did all players contracts go with it? I mean all players still had a contract with Derry City, so how can he be ineligable when still under contract with Derry.

AFAIK it was only Friday when the Administrator officially told the players they were redundant, so if thats the case then Bray dont really have a case do they?

Sam_Heggy
01/12/2009, 5:10 PM
When we had our contract terminated, did all players contracts go with it? I mean all players still had a contract with Derry City, so how can he be ineligable when still under contract with Derry.

AFAIK it was only Friday when the Administrator officially told the players they were redundant, so if thats the case then Bray dont really have a case do they?

Was McCleans transfer to Lincoln not initially held up by the FAI as he was still under contract with the LOI/FAI?
I doubt very much that Bray or Sligo will get anything out of this.

Also, Bray should have a look at their own 'keeper in the last 5 rather that Quigley. What was he at messing with the ball out there?
And as for Sligo, had Cretaro stayed on and Cook stayed attacking, I doubt if Fingal would be cup champions either. Doyle in particular was looking very dangerous down the left and Boco's attacking from deep was causing all sorts of problems. It's only when Cook went 4-5-1 that Fingal got any Joy and even then it was a mistake in the back line that cost.
I don't think Quigley made much difference in any of those 3 games that I saw.

Aaron
01/12/2009, 5:23 PM
Was McCleans transfer to Lincoln not initially held up by the FAI as he was still under contract with the LOI/FAI?

Also, Bray should have a look at their own 'keeper in the last 5 rather that Quigley. What was he at messing with the ball out there?
And as for Sligo, had Cretaro stayed on and Cook stayed attacking, I doubt if Fingal would be cup champions either. Doyle in particular was looking very dangerous down the left and Boco's attacking from deep was causing all sorts of problems. It's only when Cook went 4-5-1 that Fingal got any Joy and even then it was a mistake in the back line that cost.

McClean never actually signed for Lincoln. There was confusion as some thought he couldnt sign but the FAI said he was now a free agent and could go when he wanted. He is apparently staying now

Roo69
01/12/2009, 6:14 PM

If that's actually what this post was about i'm sure everyone would agree with you, but its not so it is completely pointless and off topic.

This is about weather of not Quigley was eligeble or not to play in the match. A lot of people on here are in the know and no one seems to have a clue, the same could be said for the FAI, Sporting, Sligo and Bray - Nobody seems to know if he could play or not.

No i would be pretty sure if Fingal knew they were 100% positive that he could play that they would issue a statement stating this, i think the FAI would do the same. Everyone seems to be keeping very quite so it would lead me to think there is something to the story.

As i've said earlier, IF and only IF Quigley was not eligable to play then something needs to be done. What the FAI do i don't know.

Someone stated above the the FAI brought it to Bray's attention, i would doubt this, if they had of brought it to Bray's attention they something would have been done before the 2nd leg had taken place, if they knew it was wrong they would have let Sporting know and not let the League come into yet more dissaray. From what i heard it was a question that Bray asked pretty much straight after the 1st leg.

As nobody seems to know i think it is a fair question for any team to ask being honest. If a team feels cheated then they have the right to ask questions, its the same with anything in life.

To say Quigley didn't make much of a difference in the 2 games against Bray is a completely false statement, he was man of the match in BOTH games for the numerous saves he made. He was by far the main reason why we did not score at least 4 more goals over the 2 legs. He also pulled of a very good save when the game was at 0-0 when Sligo were well on top. I'm sure he made several saves in the game against Shelbourne as well that stopped goals being scored.

If a situation that needs to be cleared up ASAP to stop speculation like this, it's doing none of the clubs or the League any good. The FAI need to get the finger out and issue a statement ASAP clearing this whole thing up.

Sam_Heggy
01/12/2009, 6:41 PM
If that's actually what this post was about i'm sure everyone would agree with you, but its not so it is completely pointless and off topic.

This is about weather of not Quigley was eligeble or not to play in the match.

So Bray would have lodged a complaint even if they had won the play-off, because the result was pointless and the complaint was for the greater good?

Mr_Parker
01/12/2009, 7:20 PM
If it is anything like the Irish League then the player would have been eligible imo. If I remember correctly under FIFA regs if a club cease to exist then his registration defaults to the national association.

Dillonman
01/12/2009, 9:02 PM
Dahamsta, I wish to formally lodge a complaint against Dillonman. He seems to think he is from Yorkshire.

Sorry to go off topic but I couldn't resist the urge :p

You'd never know but I do hate the english! No offence!And just because I live in an area formerly known as the Pale and controlled by the English Monarchy once upon a time, doesnt mean I think Im Yorkshire!

brendy_éire
01/12/2009, 10:09 PM
If I remember correctly under FIFA regs if a club cease to exist then his registration defaults to the national association.

We didn't cease to exist though, we just weren't a member of the FAI.

OneRedArmy
02/12/2009, 9:10 AM
I'd like to introduce a new foot.ie feature: In running scoring on each thread.

The score in this thread is

WRONG 31 FACT 2

FACT taking quite the hammering unfortunately......

It may well be immaterial as no doubt someone will try and rule the score invalid on a technicality.

VinnyDCFC
02/12/2009, 9:13 AM
I think you will find you were. Hence the meetings with them after your explusion from the league.

Explain your post

Our contract with the LoI was terminated, how did the FAI order us to 'cease to exist' on Saturday 7 November?

:rolleyes:

osarusan
02/12/2009, 9:37 AM
Explain your post

Our contract with the LoI was terminated, how did the FAI order us to 'cease to exist' on Saturday 7 November?

:rolleyes:

Rather than saying you 'ceased to exist', I think he's saying you were still a member of the FAI, even after expulsion from the LOI.

No idea if he is right or not.

VinnyDCFC
02/12/2009, 9:41 AM
Rather than saying you 'ceased to exist', I think he's saying you were still a member of the FAI, even after expulsion from the LOI.

No idea if he is right or not.

Right, got it now....

Réiteoir
02/12/2009, 10:54 AM
Bray came to the FAI, naturally they were unhappy with what has happened. They agree the matches cannot be replayed. They have not asked to give any sanctions to a player or referee, but they have asked very humbly, 'can’t we be team number 11 in the Premier Division?' - They have asked for that, really...

Captain2007
02/12/2009, 11:20 AM
League officials brought it to Bray's attention after 1st play/off leg,

Fact, the only way Bray found out and had no choice in the matter about lodging protest, obviously no rule broken because Darren played in 2nd Leg and Cup Final, end of .......

peadar1987
02/12/2009, 11:37 AM
Bray came to the FAI, naturally they were unhappy with what has happened. They agree the matches cannot be replayed. They have not asked to give any sanctions to a player or referee, but they have asked very humbly, 'can’t we be team number 11 in the Premier Division?' - They have asked for that, really...

We need an 11 team Premier to sort out all the problems in this country anyway. Ire... I mean Bray are only concerned with the good of the game of football