PDA

View Full Version : Doolin gone?

Pages : [1] 2

Mark
30/11/2009, 4:59 PM
Trevor Welch on TV3 just said that sources close to TV3 are saying Paul Doolin has left Cork City. No news anywhere else yet. The cork city website is down at the mo.

fionnsci
30/11/2009, 5:01 PM
Pat's bound probably.

Mark
30/11/2009, 5:07 PM
or maybe Dundalk?

micls
30/11/2009, 5:09 PM
Yeah he's gone, it's in the pre-season rumours thread.

Dillonman
30/11/2009, 5:10 PM
He said that Doolin was among the frontrunners for the the Pats and Dundalk jobs! If he joins us he'll have alot more than pints poured over his head!

Mark
30/11/2009, 5:14 PM
Rico for City? again

micls
30/11/2009, 5:15 PM
Rico for City? again

Not a hope. far too smart for that.

rambler14
30/11/2009, 5:15 PM
He's gone alright.

The Lilywhites
30/11/2009, 6:00 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1130/doolinp.html

Paul Doolin has dismissed reports that he is set to resign as manager of Cork City.

The Dubliner joined the cash-strapped Leesiders in January of this year on a two-year contract.

City finished third in this year's League of Ireland Premier Division in spite of having to sell a number of their best players because of the club's on-going financial problems.

Under the chairmanship of Tom Coughlan, the club has been beset by a series of financial setbacks since emerging from examinership last year.

tippex
30/11/2009, 6:01 PM
could he be gone the same way Matthews went?
BTW when is Matthews case due?

tiktok
30/11/2009, 6:08 PM
I think it's key that Doolin has dismissed reports he's resigned but has left the question of whether he's the manager unanswered. Mathews MkII (or Rico MkIII if you like) on the way I fear.

I don't see why Doolin would walk away from a lucrative contract that has to be honoured, he'snot going to get a similar wage at another club. Unless of course he's trying to escape "the stupidness down here".

ndrog
30/11/2009, 6:12 PM
He said that Doolin was among the frontrunners for the the Pats and Dundalk jobs! If he joins us he'll have alot more than pints poured over his head!

yeah hed wanna get a fire proof xmas tree this year :eek:

PartySaint
30/11/2009, 6:14 PM
I think it's key that Doolin has dismissed reports he's resigned but has left the question of whether he's the manager unanswered. Mathews MkII (or Rico MkIII if you like) on the way I fear.

I don't see why Doolin would walk away from a lucrative contract that has to be honoured, he'snot going to get a similar wage at another club. Unless of course he's trying to escape "the stupidness down here".

Just out of interest who would you want to come in if Doolin does leave?

Sam_Heggy
30/11/2009, 6:35 PM

I hear TNB is caught between choosing Guus Hiddink or Mick O'Dwyer.

Mr A
30/11/2009, 6:37 PM
If he joins us he'll have alot more than pints poured over his head!

Quarts?

Pecks?

tippex
30/11/2009, 6:52 PM
I hear TNB is caught between choosing Guus Hiddink or Mick O'Dwyer.

Must be hiddink then coz micko signed on for another year with wicklow

Sam_Heggy
30/11/2009, 7:06 PM
Must be hiddink then coz micko signed on for another year with wicklow

Let's face it, Micko only thought there was under the table benefits in GAA. The LOI on the other hand have brought it onto all whole new level.

tiktok
30/11/2009, 7:26 PM

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I'd want any manager who'd be so short sighted and stupid as to work for Tom Coughlan after the year we've just had and the way he's treated employees.

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 7:29 PM
In all seriousness, I'm not sure I'd want any manager who'd be so short sighted and stupid as to work for Tom Coughlan after the year we've just had and the way he's treated employees.
i'l manage em for 1000 a week it makes sence give me the job tom :)

Leeside Swagger
30/11/2009, 7:48 PM
Cork City confirm Doolin's exit

Monday, 30 November 2009 20:44
Cork City have confirmed that they are on the lookout for a new manager after revealing that Paul Doolin will be leaving his position as manager of the club.

Doolin dismissed reports that he was leaving the club when contacted by RTÉ Sport earlier today, but the club released a statement at 8.34pm to confirm the Dubliner's tenure at the club had come to a premature end.

The statement read: 'Following discussions between Paul Doolin and club management, it has been agreed that Mr Doolin will be leaving his position as manager of the first team.'

Cork City General Manager Liam Meaney thanked Doolin for his efforts during a difficult year since arriving at the cash-strapped club on a two-year contract in January.

Meaney said: 'We are very grateful to Paul Doolin for his contribution to the club. The 2009 season was a difficult one however Paul, his players and his backroom staff performed excellently to secure qualification for the Europa League. On behalf of everyone at Cork City Football Club, I would like to wish Paul the best of luck for the future.'

The statement concluded: 'The club has begun the search for a new manager and an announcement will follow in due course.'

City finished third in this year's League of Ireland Premier Division despite having to sell a number of their best players because of the club's on-going financial problems.
Under the chairmanship of Tom Coughlan, the club has been beset by a series of financial setbacks since emerging from examinership last year.

tiktok
30/11/2009, 8:01 PM
Doolin dismissed reports that he was leaving the club when contacted by RTÉ Sport earlier today, but the club released a statement at 8.34pm to confirm the Dubliner's tenure at the club had come to a premature end

Mathews MkII by the sounds of it.

Boo_Boy
30/11/2009, 8:06 PM
Dat boy gown.

redgav
30/11/2009, 8:17 PM
Mathews MkII by the sounds of it.

Its a certainty...Delighted he's gone though.Says it all that the football highlight of the year was giving Bohs the title in Wicklow. Horrible man,horrible football

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 8:19 PM
is anyone else getting the feeling that cork people hate everyone???

tiktok
30/11/2009, 8:52 PM
is anyone else getting the feeling that cork people hate everyone???

I'm from Kerry, they seem to tolerate me.
Either that or they're plotting something behind my back.

mediahack
30/11/2009, 8:53 PM
Doolin gone, website gone.............................................. .are Cork City gone????????????????????????????????????

Dillonman
30/11/2009, 9:11 PM
Nah they always survive at the very last second!

micls
30/11/2009, 9:19 PM
I'm from Kerry, they seem to tolerate me.
Either that or they're plotting something behind my back.

The latter, obviously, like.

Riddickcule
30/11/2009, 9:53 PM
Could someone please tell me what TNB is......hehehe

micls
30/11/2009, 9:54 PM
Could someone please tell me what TNB is......hehehe

Tommy No Bobs(or bus depending on circumstance)

thischarmingman
30/11/2009, 10:01 PM
Tommy No Bobs(or bus depending on circumstance)

It's not Theatre New Brunswick (http://www.tnb.nb.ca/)?! Ok, I need to go back and re-read the Cork City thread again...

DmanDmythDledge
30/11/2009, 10:22 PM
The statement read: 'Following discussions between Paul Doolin and club management, it has been agreed that Mr Doolin will be leaving his position as manager of the first team.'
To me, this seems like a mutual termination of his contract so no compensation would have to paid if that's the case I think.

razor
01/12/2009, 8:52 AM
I'm from Kerry, they seem to tolerate me.Ah no ! :eek:
And there was me thinking you were such a nice fella. :D

Ezeikial
01/12/2009, 9:03 AM
To me, this seems like a mutual termination of his contract .

It would seem that way - as it is TNB's statement.

Maybe if he says it enough he will believe it!

Schumi
01/12/2009, 7:48 PM
To me, this seems like a mutual termination of his contract so no compensation would have to paid if that's the case I think.

It doesn't say who agreed!

Celdrog
01/12/2009, 9:29 PM
Horrible man,Have you spent much time in his company?
Because I have and he is a very friendly and likeable bloke.

With comments like yours I'm sure he is not to be too disappointed to be leaving Cork. Mind you he is going to Dundalk, so maybe not.

Captain2007
01/12/2009, 10:15 PM
It doesn't say who agreed!

Doolin on "On the Ball" Newstalk tonight and stated he resigned with a year of his contract left, apparently could take no more of TNB's cut backs, lost his Physio, Goalkeeper's Coach, Fitness Coach, Assist. manager and other staff, didn't have much options really!

Ezeikial
01/12/2009, 10:18 PM
Mind you he is going to Dundalk, so maybe not.

Not a chance - no matter how much you wish him on us!

Dillonman
01/12/2009, 10:23 PM
Have you spent much time in his company?

With comments like yours I'm sure he is not to be too disappointed to be leaving Cork. Mind you he is going to Dundalk, so maybe not.

Ha do you know how stupid you sound making that comment! We dont have a big attractive budget for him! And he gets abuse everytime he comes near Oriel!

Celdrog
01/12/2009, 10:34 PM
Dundalk lads - we'll see. Was at a very interesting meeting tonight with the Drogs senior boys and Niall Quinn.

Redgav - comment primarily aimed at your post

razor
02/12/2009, 8:14 AM
Because I have and he is a very friendly and likeable bloke. But when he comes out in the press and labels the people of Cork as "stupid" because we like to see attractive football, he isn't going to win many pals.

corkboy360
02/12/2009, 8:20 AM

Himself and Connor were never going to be liked.
Before they came they knew they were hated so obviously only came for the money.

eelmonster
02/12/2009, 8:43 AM
But when he comes out in the press and labels the people of Cork as "stupid" ... he isn't going to win many pals.

He's plus one pal now :p

I've never understood why the Great Cork Sporting Public loathed Doolin. The table doesn't lie, it's results that count and all of that. In spite of the shíte that was going on at Cork all year -- following on from last year's shíte -- he still managed the team to 3rd place (and as someone else has said, it's been your highest league finish since 2005). I wouldn't mind seeing him get the Dundalk job at all.

Celdrog
02/12/2009, 10:15 AM
Himself and Connor were never going to be liked.
Before they came they knew they were hated so obviously only came for the money.And the reason for the "hatred" - he and his team took the FAI and Setanta cups away from you in finals and had the cheek to win the league against your team. That's the sum total of his crimes prior to going to Cork. Now that is stupid.

tiktok
02/12/2009, 10:22 AM
And the reason for the "hatred" - he and his team took the FAI and Setanta cups away from you in finals and had the cheek to win the league against your team. That's the sum total of his crimes prior to going to Cork. Now that is stupid.

Nonsense, that didn't stop people taking to Pat Dolan [who was a much bigger target for abuse than Doolin ever was [no pun intended]] or Damien Richardson [who'd walked out on us before and was hated by some for it].

Also, Doolin did have a playing and managerial career before he arrived at Drogheda you know, the league did exist before you started throwing money around and plenty people had plenty reason to develop a dislike for Doolin long before he went near you.

I never liked him as a player, I never liked his style of football as a manager, with UCD, Drogs or ourselves but like most I gave him a chance when he got the job, though he was far from my first choice. he got results but his 'style' of football drove countless people away before Coughlan started to drive the rest fo them away. His comments about how supporters were stupid for wanting nice attractive football sums up why he was never going to fit in at Cork City and why most washed their hands of him.

Celdrog
02/12/2009, 12:50 PM
So tell me tiktok why was Doolin hated by Cork fans prior to his arrival

CMcC
02/12/2009, 1:12 PM
Just heard Gareth Farrelly in for the job :eek:. Surely not ? Seemingly in one of the papers.

micls
02/12/2009, 1:14 PM
So tell me titkok why was Doolin hated by Cork fans prior to his arrival

Doolin should be hated by anyone who has ever had to listen to him give an interview. By God that man is annoying.

pineapple stu
02/12/2009, 1:19 PM
titkok
Typo? :eek:

Celdrog
02/12/2009, 1:43 PM
Eh, Yes. He's one of the good ones :o