PDA

View Full Version : Derek Foran

Roo69
30/11/2009, 1:55 PM
On trial with Hibs according to the Mirror today...

CF1989
30/11/2009, 1:55 PM
surely not? he's one of the worst centre halves in the league of ireland

Roo69
30/11/2009, 2:14 PM

Obviously not if he's on trial with Hibs, who in fairness are head and shoulders above anything in the League of Ireland.

Hulsey
30/11/2009, 3:11 PM

Not a chance he's even close. Foran is quality and would easily fit into any side in the league bar bohs imo.

superfrank
30/11/2009, 3:34 PM
Very easy for someone who doesn't watch him week in, week out to say.

Sligo fans think Gavin Peers is brilliant but I've only seen him give one or two good performances over the years and I wouldn't rate him highly. However, Sligo fans have seen more of him so they'd be in a better place to judge.

Anyway, it would be great for Derek if he got a chance over there. I think he's a top player and he's still a young lad so who knows how much more he can learn.

sligoman
30/11/2009, 3:44 PM
Foran is decent anytime I've seen him in fairness...wouldn't easily walk into any team bar Bohs though as Hulsey has said but still good.
Sligo fans think Gavin Peers is brilliant but I've only seen him give one or two good performances over the years and I wouldn't rate him highly.
I finally saw why Sligo fans are always raving about Peers.;)

superfrank
30/11/2009, 3:46 PM
Nothing gets past you sligoman.

If that was the game against Bohs, he had a cracker but I've seen him have a lot of average games too.

Rovers1
30/11/2009, 3:48 PM
Nothing gets past you sligoman.

Gwaaaaaaaaan the moderator! My hero

sligofan4ever
30/11/2009, 4:25 PM
Peers is probably the most under rated defender in this league. Hes better than Foran by a country mile and would fit into any team in this league. He's solid,reliable and can score goals, what more do you want out of a defender ?

Roo69
30/11/2009, 4:36 PM
Peers is probably the most under rated defende rin this league. Hes better than Foran by a country mile and would fit into any team in this league. He's solid,reliable and can score goals, what more do you want out of a defender ?

Peers is a good solid and reliable defender, no doubt about that. You seem to be forgetting that Foran is still a teenager and is only in his 2nd season of League of Ireland football. Peers has a good 4/5/6 years experience on him. Give Foran 4/5/6 years playing experience before you say whos better.

As i've said, Peers a is a solid and reliable defender but he lacks the height of the best defenders in the League and i've seen him get beaten in the air a lot, not the pacest of defenders either.

Dodge
30/11/2009, 4:55 PM
You're boht right. If you want a centre half for now, Peers is great. If you want someone who could be super in 3/4 years time Foran is the choice

Nice to see a product of Pats schoolboys do well. Shame he couldn't get a look in with us last year

Grasshopper 99
30/11/2009, 5:04 PM
Hope he gets a contract and does well over there, cant believe he is only 20, he can only get a whole lot better.

notever
01/12/2009, 4:21 PM

Obviously you have not seen too much of him.He is probably one of the best up and coming centre halves in the L.O.I. and still only 20 with 2 years experience at the top in Ireland..

peadar1987
01/12/2009, 5:50 PM
Best of luck to Derek with his trial. I'd love to keep him on at Bray, but he seems a genuine and decent lad, and if he can make it at a big club like Hibs, and I say he's good enough to, then fair play to him.

danthesaint
01/12/2009, 6:45 PM
i heard Derek Foran has signed for Shels

he never went on the trial due to injury

Roo69
02/12/2009, 6:55 PM
They have apporached him, nothing signed though according to the lad himeslef.

GlasnevinRed
06/12/2009, 5:21 PM
Rumour on our forum today that he's signed and the source was "the man himself".

No official confirmation though.

Captain2007
06/12/2009, 6:16 PM
Rumour on our forum today that he's signed and the source was "the man himself".

No official confirmation though.

Excellent signing for ye, best defender we had last season, hope he stays injury free and has a good season .