PDA

View Full Version : "Players revolt"

elroy
29/11/2009, 10:01 PM
I heard on newstalk earlier it mentioned that in a few of todays papers, there was articles to the effect that the players "revolted" against Trap last week after the croker game and demanded a change of tactics ahead of the away game. I have my doubts about the validity of this story but nonetheless Ive had a look at the tribune and indo and no sign of said articles. If its in the SW and the like, I refuse to believe anything that crowd write. Has anyone seen these articles?

Acornvilla
29/11/2009, 10:28 PM
i've not seen the articles but heard the same as you on newstalk.......it is sort of plausable thou... i guess we shall never know sir :)

Alf Honn
29/11/2009, 11:03 PM
i've not seen the articles but heard the same as you on newstalk.......it is sort of plausable thou... i guess we shall never know sir :)

Was in the Mail on Saturday and News of the World Sunday. Both reported that the players defied Trap's instructions and decided to go for it in Paris.

Much the same as J Giles suggested on the night of game.

peadar1987
29/11/2009, 11:14 PM
Was in the Mail on Saturday and News of the World Sunday. Both reported that the players defied Trap's instructions and decided to go for it in Paris.

Much the same as J Giles suggested on the night of game.

Both absolute rags, and I wouldn't believe a word either of them said!

bennocelt
29/11/2009, 11:36 PM
That's rubbish Phillip Quinn is easily the best reporter on the LOi and football in Ireland, he is nearly always on the ball
Its not rocket science either, just look at all the games upto the last one!!!:rolleyes:

irishultra
30/11/2009, 12:21 AM
No, just no. This most definetly didn't happen.

Murfinator
30/11/2009, 7:48 AM
Implying the Irish team has strong characters and backbone in midfield, nice one.

The only players who played differently were the 4 across the midfield who got on possession a lot more. Doubt there's any substance to it, they played better in the away leg but not especially differently.

irishfan86
30/11/2009, 7:52 AM
I think the biggest difference in both games was the domination of Anelka in the first leg, and his anonymity in the second; whether Trap shut him down on purpose, or he had an off day, I'm not sure, but that was the stand-out difference between the two games from what I saw.

jbyrne
30/11/2009, 8:08 AM
the only half of the 2 games that we were not the better team was the 2nd in Dublin. we played nearly as well in the first half in Dublin as we did in paris.

this is a complete non story

Stuttgart88
30/11/2009, 8:11 AM
Well said jb.

Did the players break ranks in Sofia when they dominated the opening periods?

irishfan86
30/11/2009, 8:13 AM
Trap is a "drunken gambler" lads, make no mistake about it...:D

This "journalist" sounds like an idiot.

jbyrne
30/11/2009, 8:20 AM
pity the same senior players didnt break ranks and play good football during stans reign

drummerboy
30/11/2009, 10:06 AM
I thought the difference in the second game was the way we started. Straight from the kickoff we launched high balls up into their defence, and then closed the game down pushing up and not allowing them to play football. This set the tone and after a while we had the space to actually get the ball down ourselves and knock it around. I have to say it reminded me a little of the best days of the Jack Charlton era.

Leeside Swagger
30/11/2009, 1:08 PM
No way that happened. Anyway all the players were saying before the match that they would go for it.