PDA

View Full Version : Who will you support in World Cup 2010?

Pages : [1] 2

O'Shea's Boot
26/11/2009, 12:10 PM
A lot of guys who I go to the games with are saying that they want England :eek: to win and are supporting them. Personally now that my team's not there I will follow Spain and maybe Brazil - what about the rest of you

endabob1
26/11/2009, 12:36 PM
South Africa - De Wife
& Argentina - Diego

superfrank
26/11/2009, 2:48 PM
I'm going to be in Spain for a lot of the World Cup so I'll definitely be cheering them on.

tiktok
26/11/2009, 3:01 PM
A lot of guys who I go to the games with are saying that they want England :eek: to win

Don't see an issue with that, I always find it funny that fella's adore Rooney when they're cheering Man Utd. but hate him in an England shirt.

Personally, I will be Roaring on the French. I love wallowing in self-pity and it'll allow me to spread the mockya feelings of hurt and outrage for years and years to come by repeating the mantra, "that should have been us".

Riddickcule
26/11/2009, 3:18 PM
New Zealand

Stevo Da Gull
26/11/2009, 3:37 PM
Holland. Always have been my go to team for the WCs and Euros. Always good to watch on the pitch with the fans creating a good atmosphere in the stands.
Wonder if I can have a bet on Van Persie to get injured during the tournament.. if he's not crocked when it's selection time, that is.

bennocelt
26/11/2009, 3:39 PM
North Korea surely

Not Brazil
26/11/2009, 4:04 PM
England - until the Semi Finals - when I hope they get knocked out on pens by the Germans.

(If there was a 5 year English media ban, I'd want England to win it:D)

Be cheering on Slovenia too.

finbarrk
26/11/2009, 5:05 PM
U.S.A. and Holland.

jmurphyc
26/11/2009, 6:12 PM
Australia (dad from there), Spain (just like their style) and Portugal (one of my best friends is from there) will be my main teams. I have a bit of a soft spot for Argentina as well.

Mayo Red
26/11/2009, 6:27 PM
I'll be looking out for Spain, I think they'll light up the World Cup much like the European Championships! Terrible I know too but I always kinda like to see England do reasonably well in these tournaments, well at least until about the Semi-finals anyways, after that it gets a bit dangerous as the feckers might actually win it!:eek:

If they did, we'd all have to relocate to the South Pacific or some other remote part of the World, they'd be unbearable!! It's always kinda comforting to watch them stumble in the latter stages, especially on penos but I think in Capello, they finally have a coach who can get the best out of them and their mentality right. Because of that I think they will be a formidable prospect in South Africa but hopefully will fall short again.

It'd be nice to see France go out in the early stages aswell, because cheating aside and despite the players they have at their disposal, they certainly aren't the finished article as we have seen.

O'Shea's Boot
26/11/2009, 7:30 PM
Don't see an issue with that, I always find it funny that fella's adore Rooney when they're cheering Man Utd. but hate him in an England shirt.

Personally, I will be Roaring on the French. I love wallowing in self-pity and it'll allow me to spread the mockya feelings of hurt and outrage for years and years to come by repeating the mantra, "that should have been us".
As a Man Utd I dont really have an issue with England either, more their media ............ France havent a hope so thought a bit more and definately Spain

brianw82
26/11/2009, 8:16 PM
Slovenia, for sticking it to FIFA by qualifying.

Always like to see Germany doing well too.

old git
26/11/2009, 9:06 PM
brazil not to original but always enjoy watching them play..:D

slow2anger
26/11/2009, 9:30 PM
Japan

philliyk
26/11/2009, 10:19 PM
Defo Italy - always support them in tournements when Eíre aren't there + Trappa connection now 2 :D:D,

the 2 I hope get put out cruelly in last group game by dodgy refereeing & down right blatant cheating - France+England - sick of seeing so many english now going GET OVER IT well come Africa i'll enjoy my retort back -GET OVER IT + GET OVER MARADONA while your at it too:D

L37Ultra
27/11/2009, 1:28 AM
USA or/and Spain

I'll be in America for the summer and have a soft spot for Spainish football after playing a couple of tournaments over there and going to La Liga games.

shakermaker1982
28/11/2009, 7:17 PM
Ghana
Argentina
Brazil
Holland

bottom of the pile is France!

Zizou
28/11/2009, 9:06 PM
Argentina for Diego, but my heart is with the Greeks. Been there twice and would love to see them do a 2004 on it..

Bluebeard
29/11/2009, 8:52 AM
In order of priority

USA, Argentina and Spain.

Any minnows.

France have always been a team I enjoy seeing do well, so I'll cheer them on at fourth measure.

Bluebeard
29/11/2009, 8:53 AM
the 2 I hope get put out cruelly in last group game by dodgy refereeing & down right blatant cheating - France+England - sick of seeing so many english now going GET OVER IT well come Africa i'll enjoy my retort back -GET OVER IT + GET OVER MARADONA while your at it too:D

Ehm, you do know that this kind of makes you look like Dr. Kettle and Mr. Pot?

O'Shea's Boot
29/11/2009, 10:14 AM
I thought all the Maradonna sh*t would have stopped since Henry f*ckin gate

Predator
29/11/2009, 2:45 PM
I won't be supporting anyone. As long as football is the winner...

Zizou
29/11/2009, 7:50 PM
Sad little man. Ireland were at fault. Missed chances. Get over Henry already will you..

Predator
29/11/2009, 8:58 PM
Jesus, Zizou, you know me so well!

ArdeeBhoy
30/11/2009, 2:44 AM
Anyone who cheats FIFA. Especially that **** Bl*tter.

danthesaint
30/11/2009, 8:05 AM
Anyone who cheats FIFA. Especially that **** Bl*tter.

lmao :D

anyone who is playing france and spain too, they are savage to watch

Pauro 76
30/11/2009, 9:39 AM
Spain, my girlfriend is from there. But I'll cheer on Australia for the craic with Oz based friends as well.

Norm
30/11/2009, 1:15 PM
England.

Torn-Ado
30/11/2009, 1:40 PM
North Korea.

danthesaint
30/11/2009, 1:49 PM
North Korea.

should be interesting if they get drawn in a group with US

Noelys Guitar
30/11/2009, 4:10 PM
Italy (bet).

Closed Account 2
30/11/2009, 6:30 PM
Ivory Coast... same flag!

Well mirror image anyway.

mint sauce
30/11/2009, 7:12 PM
who evers playing france, and possibly england

thischarmingman
30/11/2009, 10:07 PM
Slovenia, for sticking it to FIFA by qualifying.

This, and I'd like to see England do well, although not to actually win it. :p

dan o d
30/11/2009, 10:27 PM
serbia, ivory coast, spain

Torn-Ado
30/11/2009, 10:51 PM
Ivory Coast... same flag!

Well mirror image anyway.

Jimmy Magee would have you believe that!

Hibs4Ever
01/12/2009, 8:29 AM
Spain & Slovakia

and whoever is playing France

ronburgundy
01/12/2009, 12:25 PM
surely Italy lads after their show of support by suggesting green away jerseys???? They were also very dignified and respectful during the campaign. Pirlo is a genius also

Den Perry
01/12/2009, 2:44 PM
In order of priority

USA, Argentina and Spain.

Any minnows.

France have always been a team I enjoy seeing do well, so I'll cheer them on at fourth measure.

Whoever I have a bet on. In 2002 it was Brazil,in 2006 It was Brazil. Next year.....

gambling aside, Spain I think this year. Have some great players and probably worth a bet as well(can't get away from the gambling....) What odds on Spain to win and Villa top scorer?

Den Perry
01/12/2009, 2:44 PM
surely Italy lads after their show of support by suggesting green away jerseys???? They were also very dignified and respectful during the campaign. Pirlo is a genius also

yeah Ron, good point.

IsMiseSean
01/12/2009, 4:07 PM
1- Holland, Great support and play good attacking football
2- Spain, Iniesta and the style of play
3- Italy, I've always liked them ever since I was a young lad, probably because I grew up watching Football Italia on RTE

I'd love to see a few smaller nations with good support do well and get a semi final place... Like S. Korea in 2002.

and of course whoever France & England are playin'

holidaysong
01/12/2009, 9:52 PM
Slovenia for me. Don't understand people wanting England to do well. They're our biggest rivals and I want them to crash and burn in the group stages.

Dillonman
01/12/2009, 10:27 PM
Ill be backing Spain this year, and probably Brazil, Id like Slovenia to do well...hopefully knocking out FRANCE!

CarrickFan
01/12/2009, 11:42 PM
Australia is the country ive spent most time in apart from Ireland and loved it!..went to a few games also so hope they do well..Spain have some great attacking players and are a joy to watch but as another post said as long as there is lots of good football i'll be happy.

DonnyG
03/12/2009, 3:47 AM
Australia for me because I live here now and my wife, inlaws and many friends are from here. Also a good run for the aussies would do wonders for the game here where it still struggles to get the public's attention. It also couldn't hurt the bids to host the WC.

Second is Argentina. I've always had a soft spot for the argies since Diego came on the scene - I have great memories as a young fella watching him weave his magic.

DonnyG
03/12/2009, 3:55 AM

You do realise that there is a fierece rivalry between united and english fans with many united fans despising england?

Bluebeard
03/12/2009, 6:47 AM
You do realise that there is a fierece rivalry between united and english fans with many united fans despising england?

Is that not partly because so many Man U fans are not from England:D

DonnyG
03/12/2009, 7:31 AM
Is that not partly because so many Man U fans are not from England:D

Maybe but afaik the chants and songs come from the die hard local lads. And its not all one way traffic either with the english fans.

sixesandsevens
03/12/2009, 1:08 PM
I'll be shouting for North and South Korea to both go all the way to the final, it would be great to see what Sepp Blatter would do after the fallout from that result :D Would anyone have the odds on that final pairing!!!

In honesty it would be great to see Spain win, never won a WC and I'l be shouting for them. Lots of unusual teams in there this year, the likes of Honduras, New Zealand, Slovakia and Slovenia always have a soft spot for an underdog so I'll be keeping a close eye on those.

Hopefully the likes of Germany,Italy, Brazil, France, England, et al all go out early (unlikely I know) just to stick it to Herr Blatter :mad: