PDA

View Full Version : Vllaznia implicated in match fixing!

red_away
26/11/2009, 10:44 AM
As you can see below they are one of the clubs being investigated for match fixing.....my question is why da fack did we not get them to fix our match with them???

Uefa vow to take firm action against 'cancer' of match-fixing
Uefa has vowed to take stiff action against anyone found guilty of match-fixing after naming five clubs involved in suspect fixtures.

By Telegraph staff and agencies
Published: 8:15PM GMT 25 Nov 2009
Europe's governing body met representatives from nine national football associations – Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey – to discuss the investigation into both domestic and continental matches being undertaken by authorities in Germany.
"At the start people were certainly shocked about the magnitude [of the scandal]," Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said. "At the end of the meeting there was much more reassurance because we are working together."
The case involves more than 200 matches, and Uefa has launched its own inquiry into one Champions League and six Europa League qualifiers, played between July 16 and Aug 6.
Those matches involve five clubs, named as KF Tirana and KS Vllaznia of Albania, FC Dinaburg of Latvia, NK IB Ljubljana of Slovenia and Budapest Honved of Hungary.
"We want all our associations, all 53, to be at the same level when it comes to fighting this cancer we need to eradicate," Infantino said.

CF1989
26/11/2009, 10:47 AM
i thought during the first half of that game that there was something strange going on after the rumours during the week that there was some irregular betting. they were passin the ball here there and everywhere and couldnt find their own men, they looked like a team wanting to lose. then changed in the 2nd half

redobit
26/11/2009, 11:50 AM
i thought during the first half of that game that there was something strange going on after the rumours during the week that there was some irregular betting. they were passin the ball here there and everywhere and couldnt find their own men, they looked like a team wanting to lose. then changed in the 2nd half

Did they really change that much CF; they scored a wondegoal from 30 yards and a ridiculous OG. While we had good chances, 2 penalities and played against 10 men and still couldnt beat them.

red_away
26/11/2009, 12:19 PM
maybe it was rovers who took the money!!!!

CF1989
26/11/2009, 12:24 PM
Did they really change that much CF; they scored a wondegoal from 30 yards and a ridiculous OG. While we had good chances, 2 penalities and played against 10 men and still couldnt beat them.

well i thought they improved from the first 20 minutes. thinking about it the first penalty the lad had his hands over his end and blocked the ball and the 2nd the keeper needlessly pushed ryan to the ground. didnt really notice anything odd in the 2nd leg

srfc1928
26/11/2009, 1:37 PM
When their keeper pushed Ryan over, were they not 2 nil up with very little time left ? Bit late in the game to throw it.

Boo_Boy
26/11/2009, 1:38 PM
When their keeper pushed Ryan over, were they not 2 nil up with very little time left ? Bit late in the game to throw it.

Not if you bet over 2.5.

eL Bettor
26/11/2009, 9:02 PM
Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the penalty was given away was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.

rovers100%
26/11/2009, 9:08 PM
so what your telling us is we are that bad we couldnt even beat a team that wanted to get beat......... story of our year if ya ask me !!!

eL Bettor
26/11/2009, 9:09 PM
And that's pretty much what I said here and have since got confirmation from a few sources of what I claimed at the time

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1187981&postcount=35

bingoballs
26/11/2009, 9:11 PM
Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the penalty was given away was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.
Bullsh*ter

srfc1928
26/11/2009, 9:27 PM

Ah, I dont care about them fuc king Albanians anymore.

Its been a sh1te week, the worst ever.
We lose the biggest game in 15 years to a franchise, squealed on by a bunch of school kids waving free flags high on coca cola.
Rafs going then hes not going
Turners signed then hes not signed.

I hate the fuc king close season.
I cant wait for the new season to start before I really crack up

rovers100%
26/11/2009, 9:38 PM
well said i think you speak for everyone there;)

eL Bettor
26/11/2009, 9:39 PM
Sorry folks if I offended anyone, commiserations on the cup loss, I'd nearly always be one to shout on the lower ranked team but I hated to see the Franchise win. Best of luck for next season.

avvenalaf
26/11/2009, 10:51 PM
WhatI can't understand is why anyone would have bet against Rovers to win that first match. Would have thought we were cast iron favourites to do so. Must be a case of both teams trying to throw the game. Reminds me of the Lester P story about riding a horse at Doncaster and being asked to hold him for another day. He finished fourth in a nine horse race and when the trainer asked his opinion of the horse, Lester said 'well, he'll beat the three in front of him whatever about the four behind him'.

eL Bettor
27/11/2009, 12:48 PM
WhatI can't understand is why anyone would have bet against Rovers to win that first match. Would have thought we were cast iron favourites to do so. Must be a case of both teams trying to throw the game. Reminds me of the Lester P story about riding a horse at Doncaster and being asked to hold him for another day. He finished fourth in a nine horse race and when the trainer asked his opinion of the horse, Lester said 'well, he'll beat the three in front of him whatever about the four behind him'.

Almost nobody did bet against Rovers, everybody bet for Rovers to win, including their opponents!

bingoballs
27/11/2009, 5:13 PM
Almost nobody did bet against Rovers, everybody bet for Rovers to win, including their opponents!
how much money would be traded on the betting of a Sligo Rovers vllaznia game? Hardly the biggest market in the world! I'd say if i put a fiver on the albanians Rovers would have come back to even money. Seeing as your into the auld conspiracy theories, ya hardly know who shot J.F.K. Always wanted to find that out:rolleyes:

bennocelt
27/11/2009, 11:50 PM

Actually I was tempted in backing them - think they were good odds to win, more than 6/5 anyway. Figured that Sligo would mess it up - but came on this site and read all the conspiracy stuff and decided not to back them in the end:mad:(true!)

Boo_Boy
29/11/2009, 1:03 PM
Vllaznia lost 2-3 at home today.

Besa equalized in the 94th minute and scored the winner in the 96th. No way there was 8 minutes added time in that game. The whole feckin league needs to be investigated.

eL Bettor
30/11/2009, 7:48 AM
how much money would be traded on the betting of a Sligo Rovers vllaznia game? Hardly the biggest market in the world! I'd say if i put a fiver on the albanians Rovers would have come back to even money. Seeing as your into the auld conspiracy theories, ya hardly know who shot J.F.K. Always wanted to find that out:rolleyes:

Dont make comments on things you know nothing about. There was over a million euro traded on betfair on the game if I remember correctly. Every single bookie slashed the odds on a Sligo win and some stopped betting on it completely.

ifk101
30/11/2009, 8:57 AM
Dont make comments on things you know nothing about. There was over a million euro traded on betfair on the game if I remember correctly. Every single bookie slashed the odds on a Sligo win and some stopped betting on it completely.

I had a bet on Sligo for this game. The reason I placed a bet on Sligo was because the bookie at the time (Bwin) had Vllaznia as favourities to win the game which I felt was wrong as Vllaznia were out of season, had lost a few first teamers since their season ended and the LOI is a higher ranked league than the Albanian equilvalent. If I remember correctly I backed Sligo at something like 2.6 with Bwin - I personally would have priced Sligo at 1.8 - 2.0. There was value in backing Sligo at those odds and that alone could be an explanation for the odds slashing. Once people saw the odds on Sligo going down in a match against Albanian opposition - perhaps some people suspected a fix and started to spread a rumour?

As for the game itself, I am confused as to why people would bet on the over 2.5 market to recoup their losses. Surely with Vllaznia leading 2-0 the odds on over 2.5 would have been very short? - given that Sligo needed to push men forward to keep the tie alive. Was there some sort of contingency plan in place where the Vllaznia players knew that the people that backed Sligo would now move into the over 2.5 goal market to re-coup their losses? Seems like there was a lot of gambling based on rumour than anything else to me (although I accept that it's strange that so much was placed on a low key game).

bingoballs
30/11/2009, 7:16 PM
Sorry about that! I dont bet on the exchanges so yeah, I don't know what I am talking about. Hard to believe that there would be over 1 million traded on a Sligo Rovers game but there ya go. Harder to believe that we couldn't beat a team that were allegedly tryin to throw the game! For what its worth, I was at the Showgrounds on the evening ib question and I didn't see one Albanian with a long face after either of their goals.