PDA

View Full Version : Carey

Yoda01
05/03/2004, 11:21 AM
just heard alan carey is signing for waterford ! wot do ye make of this. in fairness he gave us good service and i for one wish him well on his way

ccfc till i die
05/03/2004, 11:36 AM
Well ya good luck to him but I can't say I'm exactly devastated

yiddo
05/03/2004, 1:24 PM
A good move for him. Never really lived up to his early promise and it was clear after a few games that Dolan didn't rate him. Best of luck to him in the future.

pete
05/03/2004, 1:46 PM
Unfortunately didn't improve on early promise. Would be ewaste having him as over aged player of u-21 squad & would be few players ahead of him for backup right back anyways.

tiktok
05/03/2004, 2:26 PM
hope he does well there, not a great loss to city, i'm actually quite relieved that we've trimmed someone from the squad.

Wish him all the best

Troy.McClure
06/03/2004, 1:37 PM
Do we get money for him or are we letting him go for free as normal?

GavinZac
06/03/2004, 7:44 PM
its a pity. i thought he was an exceptional player, lost form for half a season under murphy and never got another chance. we are losing out big time giving him away free.

SÓC
15/03/2004, 9:53 AM
Good luck to him.

I remember during the dark days of the lose every game away and win every game at home (nearly) season at the end of most away matches Grunter and most of the players would walk off and not show their appreciation to the fans for travelling. Carey (along with Mick Devine) always always came over and applauded the fans. Deserves credit for that IMO.

GavinZac
15/03/2004, 10:05 AM
yeah always seemed a sound out lad if you spoke to him aswell, and was never a player to moan or complain at others, just got on with the job pretty well.

Éanna
15/03/2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
also Greg looks on his way out. He's disappointed at not being offered a new deal- from the Sun
apparently he's waiting to see what happens. nothings decided yet