PDA

View Full Version : pfai transfer list

Martinho II
25/11/2009, 6:32 PM
http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

kevin cronin,gary curran,michael foley,colm jinks,thomas king,jason mccartney,john mcguinness(surely that should be athlone town!:eek:)jordan mcmillan,carmine russo,Brian McCarthy Bohs

who do you want gone?

well for starters john mcguinness! I dont rate Jordan McMillan either. Mick Foley I have a feeling wont get his contract renewed as hes injury prone..Carnine Russo would be another one that I would let go as hes being poor whenever I have seen him..
As for new signings I would go for a permanent move for Brian Mac as he was sensitonal for us last season and only for his disciplane letting him down he would have got Supporters Club player of the year as he narrowly lost out in voting to Tom King..

please discuss!

De Town
25/11/2009, 7:15 PM
I'd try hang on to all of that list except McGuinness (obviously), Jinks and maybe Russo. The rest are all fairly useful in my opinion, especially Foley, who we have to try centre our team around next season if possible. Obviously fitness with him is a big issue, but if/when fit, he's top quality.

Acornvilla
25/11/2009, 8:51 PM
completly agree but dont rate mcmillan either

any solid news on signings yet is gareth staying?

De Town
25/11/2009, 9:02 PM
I think McMillan is alright, had an absolute stormer in UCD there at the end of the season, was putting his body on the line for the cause, really played very well. Can be hit and miss at other times I suppose, but he's better then other players that we have.

Acornvilla
25/11/2009, 9:12 PM
I think McMillan is alright, had an absolute stormer in UCD there at the end of the season, was putting his body on the line for the cause, really played very well. Can be hit and miss at other times I suppose, but he's better then other players that we have.
ah yeah hes better than some of the oother muck that played this year i'll reserve judgement until next season (if we sighn him) i guess hes still only 20. keep glynn foley mccarthy king and the keepers! there my main hopes.. and mick lee aswell hes still very young so plenty potential when he grows into it

Longfordian
26/11/2009, 1:37 PM
I think I'd keep them all except maybe Jinks and Russo. But that depends on what other options we have I suppose. It'd be nice to start getting a squad put together reasonably early for once.

Martinho II
26/11/2009, 4:59 PM

thats a good point de town about mcmillan. he actually had his best game yet for us in that game..I dont know if Keely wants him back?

Awwwwh Farrell
26/11/2009, 9:15 PM
Would keep them all except McGuinness and Russo. Mcmillan also is definatly a weak link. Hes had few good performances. When he joined 1st i seen him when they were practising crosses before the match, said to myself back then "hes got two left feet any way!" He didnt prove me wrong on that assumption!!

Cronin and Brian McCarthy are almost essential in my opinion aswell. Mick Lee Had a promising season to for his age!

Salmon Coloured
27/11/2009, 7:33 AM
Keep em all except Jinks & Russo. I will miss their surnames though. Carmine Russo has a name that sounds like he writes murder mysterys set aboard international cruise ships. The below are some of his works,

"Blood Bay"
"Crimson Shore"
"A last breath before Breakfast"
"Slow , Deep & Dark"
"Switch the Channels"
"A motive for mutiny"
"A love less divided yet still obliterated"
"Scrubbers" ( Was made into a West end stage musical).
"The Barcardi Breezer Murders" (Bestseller in April 2006).

All the above by Carmine Russo & were proof read by Colm Jinks.

Tallanted
27/11/2009, 10:55 AM
McGuinness has been gone a full season, he was last an athlone town player, id keep Russo myself wasnt the worst we had, Jinks has to go

Dillonman
02/01/2010, 12:42 PM
Lads have ye officially released any players yet or have any signed new contracts?

Acornvilla
02/01/2010, 12:56 PM
brian mccarthy is gone he was on loan from bohs, jinks and russo gone to athlone? theres a few others but nothing offocial as of yet? mc carthney is gone aswell isnt he? and i heard shanahan was on trial at shells?