PDA

View Full Version : Vllaznia in betting scandal

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 4:13 PM
KS Vlaaznia, the team Sligo played in the Europa League in July are under investigation by UEFA for match-fixing and a betting scandal, the games being investigated are from the Europa League and five other clubs are involved.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8379251.stm

Longfordian
25/11/2009, 4:15 PM
Didn't someone say on here at one stage that it looked like they were trying to throw one of the Sligo games and scored almost by accident?.

DmanDmythDledge
25/11/2009, 4:20 PM
Didn't someone say on here at one stage that it looked like they were trying to throw one of the Sligo games and scored almost by accident?.
Yeah, it was definitely mentioned by a few at the time and did seem plausible.

EDIT: game against Sligo isn't being investigated

OneRedArmy
25/11/2009, 4:29 PM
http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1194930&postcount=144

Brianw82 on the ball!

sligored
25/11/2009, 4:29 PM

and we still could not beat them:)

Longfordian
25/11/2009, 4:30 PM
Yeah, it was definitely mentioned by a few at the time and did seem plausible.

EDIT: game against Sligo isn't being investigated

Probably because they won so need for an investigation if all the bets were on them to lose!.

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 4:31 PM
Surely it should be investigated too, the referee gave two penalties in the space of a few minutes, and Sligo scored an own goal so I think it should definitely be investigated.

Highlights of Sligo Rovers 1-2 Vllaznia for those interested: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4tngWIrTY

sligo23
25/11/2009, 4:40 PM
They clearly hadn't banked on us being so s!ite!! and scoring an og and missing a peno...
The fools!!:o

Mayo Red
25/11/2009, 4:43 PM
They clearly hadn't banked on us being so s!ite!! and scoring an og and missing a peno...
The fools!!:o

Ya, we showed them alrite..!!;):D

gustavo
25/11/2009, 4:45 PM
el_Bettors theory at the time

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1187981&postcount=35

OneRedArmy
25/11/2009, 4:52 PM
So like all gamblers they were in a hole after the first round went against them so they had to go in even bigger in the second round.

Brilliant! Sligo played the Mr Bean role immaculately.

Éimear
25/11/2009, 5:11 PM
What sort of sanctions could be imposed on Vllaznia if they are found guilty of this?

CF1989
25/11/2009, 5:22 PM
refund the fiver paid in

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 5:24 PM
Or tell your grandchildren you witnessed the infamous "Vllaznia betting scandal that rocked the footballing world" :D

Éimear
25/11/2009, 5:26 PM
Or tell your grandchildren you witnessed the infamous "Vllaznia betting scandal that rocked the footballing world"

I'm not that old :eek: :D

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 5:28 PM
Is it me or has there been a massive increase in new posters this month?

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 5:32 PM
Its very suspicious alight:confused:

galwayjames
Youth Team

Club: Galway United

sligofan4ever
25/11/2009, 5:40 PM
galwayjames
Youth Team

Club: Galway United

Good for you.......... you do know we can all see it in the on the side of the page, right ?

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 5:45 PM
Good for you.......... you do know we can all see it in the on the side of the page, right ?

It would appear some don't bother to look before posting.

Mad Moose
25/11/2009, 6:43 PM
I think Dundalkjames started the proliferation in numbers because he appears to have cloned himself for every club in the league. We have a Longfordjames and Galwayjames. If a Sportingjames comes along then I know we have a problem.

Sorry for going off topic.Just had to say that. If indeed the game at the Showgrounds was investigated along with the other games I assume it makes no difference to Sligo Rovers, who in a sense could have been involved in a thrown game, and the punishment goes to the Albanian side only. In any case I imagine a European ban and demotion would be likely for them?

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 6:49 PM
I think Dundalkjames started the proliferation in numbers because he appears to have cloned himself for every club in the league. We have a Longfordjames and Galwayjames. If a Sportingjames comes along then I know we have a problem.

Not to mention three Stus: pineapple stu, SkStu and Aberdonian Stu :eek:

thischarmingman
25/11/2009, 6:49 PM
Not to mention three Stus: pineapple stu, SkStu and Aberdonian Stu :eek:

More Stu's than there are fans of the FAI Cup winners. :eek:

galwayjames
25/11/2009, 7:00 PM
Why do ya look at someones info before you post?

Well when one is posting about there time on the place they could at least bother to look couldn't they?

brianw82
25/11/2009, 8:53 PM
Obviously UEFA think there was nothing fishy about that 2nd penalty we were awarded in the game at the Showgrounds, where their keeper blatantly got himself sent off.

HarpoJoyce
25/11/2009, 9:43 PM
I was at the Rapid : Vllaznia first leg in Vienna that UEFA looking at. Can't add anything, besides confirming that Sligo fans are right and the second string 'keeper Bishani isn't very good along with his defenders.

The Rapid Vierstelstunde, taking clothes off and throwing them in the air, that was pretty good.

UEFA Statement.
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=924697.html

"...The five clubs involved are KF Tirana (ALB), FC Dinaburg (LVA), KS Vllaznia (ALB), NK IB Ljubljana (SVN) and Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN). The matches concerned are:

• UEFA Champions League second qualifying round: Stabæk IF-KF Tirana
(21.07.2009)
• UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC-FC Dinaburg (16.07.2009)
• UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: FC Dinaburg-Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC (23.07.2009)
• UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: KS Vllaznia-SK Rapid Wien (23.07.2009)
• UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: SK Rapid Wien-KS Vllaznia (16.07.2009)
• UEFA Europa League third qualifying round: NK IB Ljubljana-FC Metalurh Donetsk (06.08.2009)
• UEFA Europa League third qualifying round: Fenerbahçe SK-Budapest Honvéd FC (30.07.2009)....."

dcfcsteve
25/11/2009, 9:54 PM
Any chance UEFA could investigate the Carmarthen v Longford game in 2005 ?

The only feasible explanation for what happened was that the Town players deliberately lost.... :D

HarpoJoyce
25/11/2009, 10:06 PM
Any chance UEFA could investigate the Carmarthen v Longford game in 2005 ?

The only feasible explanation for what happened was that the Town players deliberately lost.... :D

Cardiff City 4:0 Derry City Cup-Winners-Cup.

If they want to investigate a match EL 1stRd. 2nd leg game Renova 1:1 Dinamo Minsk in the half-built Gradski stadium in Skopje (MAK) in July. Renova score against a square back four early one, go ahead on aggregate. Very little until Dinamo equalise on the night with a soft penalty. More very little until the final whistle.

There's a reason these teams are playing in the early rounds of European Football, not that later rounds have anything to email home about.

Shiba
25/11/2009, 10:21 PM
Soft penalty against us in cup final ! Underdogs won and maybe their was abetting scam there too:rolleyes::eek:

Sicuani
25/11/2009, 10:31 PM
What sort of sanctions could be imposed on Vllaznia if they are found guilty of this?

Jeff Kenna could be appointed manager.

Acornvilla
25/11/2009, 10:37 PM
hahaha thanks i needed a laugh only thing that could be worse is vinny perth

dcfcsteve
26/11/2009, 12:05 AM
Cardiff City 4:0 Derry City Cup-Winners-Cup.

:confused:

I'm struggling to see any similarity, or what your point is here ?

I take it you didn't see either Cardiff v City or Carmarthen v Longford if you think there's a similarity between a weaker club losing away by playing badly and a stronger clujb letting a 4:1 (?) lead slip by completely and utterly falling apart in the space of 45mins.

Acornvilla
26/11/2009, 8:18 AM
:confused:

I'm struggling to see any similarity, or what your point is here ?

I take it you didn't see either Cardiff v City or Carmarthen v Longford if you think there's a similarity between a weaker club losing away by playing badly and a stronger clujb letting a 4:1 (?) lead slip by completely and utterly falling apart in the space of 45mins.
we won 1st leg 2-0 should have been atleast 4.. carmarthen were by far worst team we have playes total rubbish.. Longford celtic would give them a good game :)
the 2nd leg still haunts me :(

Mr A
26/11/2009, 8:52 AM
Vllaznia caught cheating eh? UEFA will probably throw the book at them by wiping their debts out (but demoting them a division), just to show them that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Martinho II
26/11/2009, 5:34 PM
hahaha thanks i needed a laugh only thing that could be worse is vinny perth

think you are harsh on vinny acornvilla.. I thought that he did a reasonable job with us compared to a certain ex town mgr before GC that hates my guts!

Acornvilla
26/11/2009, 6:22 PM
think you are harsh on vinny acornvilla.. I thought that he did a reasonable job with us compared to a certain ex town mgr before GC that hates my guts!
but vinny was manager when that betting thing at the end of last year aparently happened! why soes this certian manager hate you? :rolleyes:

eL Bettor
26/11/2009, 9:13 PM
A thread on this in Sligo forum also:
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=128689

I'll just copy + paste my post here:

Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the second penalty was given away and the absolute lack of movement from the keeper when it was taken was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.

And that's pretty much what I said here and have since got confirmation from a few sources of what I claimed at the time

Martinho II
27/11/2009, 6:23 PM
but vinny was manager when that betting thing at the end of last year aparently happened! why soes this certian manager hate you? :rolleyes:

its a long story.. I posted on foot last year about AG being not well liked in Galway and low and behold he got in touch with the club and called for my head.. I dont really want to go into full details here on the forum but you are welcome to pm me and I can tell you the full story in confidence!;)

kdjaC
28/11/2009, 12:42 PM
A thread on this in Sligo forum also:
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=128689

I'll just copy + paste my post here:

Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the second penalty was given away and the absolute lack of movement from the keeper when it was taken was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.

And that's pretty much what I said here and have since got confirmation from a few sources of what I claimed at the time

So sligo lost to a team that was trying to lose :confused:

sligoman
28/11/2009, 12:48 PM
So sligo lost to a team that was trying to lose :confused:Yes, but what Vllaznia didn't know was that we were smarter than them and saw their game plan so we decided to throw the game too so that they'd lose their money;)...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it:o.

galwayjames
28/11/2009, 12:49 PM
Yes, but what Vllaznia didn't know was that we were smarter than them and saw their game plan so we decided to throw the game too so that they'd lose their money;)...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it:o.

They played Rapid Wien in the next round and got thrashed 8-0, and they knocked out Aston Villa out further on in the competition. It seems that Sligo losing was in many ways a good thing.

MMVIII
28/11/2009, 7:24 PM
They played Rapid Wien in the next round and got thrashed 8-0, and they knocked out Aston Villa out further on in the competition. It seems that Sligo losing was in many ways a good thing.

What are you talking about? It would have made the club a fortune. Also it would have been another amazing trip, getting to see a team with amazing support.

Rovers1
30/11/2009, 12:14 PM
getting to see a team with amazing support.

Would be nice for the Rapid fans alright :p