PDA

View Full Version : PFAI Transfer List

Bray Head
25/11/2009, 3:07 PM
A few Bray players are listed: O'Connor, Deans, Brennan, Foran, Mulroy, Byrne, Doyle, McCabe & David O'Neill.

Hopefully Eddie can convince the younger lads to stay. Can't really see Skippy staying if he gets any offers.

www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

Riddickcule
25/11/2009, 3:10 PM
Would want to get Deans, Foran, Mulroy, McCabe back anyway.

The Fox
25/11/2009, 9:20 PM
With McCabe and Foran the number 1 priorities I would say!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roo69
25/11/2009, 10:16 PM
I just can't see Skippy staying so we might as well leave him out of this thread... So....

1. Foran (we are so much stronger at the back when he plays, will only get better and could go onto to be a top defender in the LOI)
2. McCabe (Ya just dno't know which McCabe will turn up most of the time ;) great skill and pace and scores a fair share of goals)
3. Brennan (i know he has taken some stick this season but the lad is a good player with plenty of experience, just what we need for next season)
4. Deans (as above)
5. O'Neill (i think he is a really good young prospect plus we should be doing everything we can to get more Wicklow players playing at the highest level)

Other than that, is there anyone on the list we could actually have a chance in signing ?

Dean Delaney to replace Skippy ?
John Lester from St. Pats ? I'm not sure many Premier clubs would take him on....
Tadgh Purcell would be superb signing !
Richie Baker or is he to setteled with Shels ?
James Chambers from Drogheda ? I'm sure they will be offering him a new contract.
Derek Doyle from Shels would do a decent job for us as well IMO

Wishful thinking really :)

Also on another section one of the Bray lads has said that Chris Shields has resigned for next season, which is brilliant news

superfrank
25/11/2009, 10:41 PM
I'd love to see Skippy stay but can't see it happening.

I think we should make sure Deans and Foran stay, that's a very good partnership, imo. McCabe should be kept.

I don't know about Mulroy, he's never had a good run in the side so it's hard to really judge him. I think he was a prospect but he doesn't seem to have improved on recent years. I think if we hold on to him, we should keep Byrne too cos I don't think Byrne is worse than Mulroy.

I'm still unconvinced on Brennan. He's supposed to be good but I haven't seen it in him this year. Maybe he's still adjusting to playing regularly. I don't know if we should hold onto him or not.

We should get rid of Daire Doyle. Only good thing I remember him doing was that goal he scored. He didn't seem to fit into any role he was given.

I don't know too much about Dave O'Neill. I've been more impressed with Shane, tbh.

DmanDmythDledge
25/11/2009, 11:06 PM
Chambers has already signed for Rovers Roo.

Roo69
26/11/2009, 12:57 PM
Chambers has already signed for Rovers Roo.

Yeah just saw that, odd signing for them IMO. Defo not a player that will make the difference in trying to win the title

Hulsey
26/11/2009, 5:29 PM
A few Bray players are listed: O'Connor, Deans, Brennan, Foran, Mulroy, Byrne, Doyle, McCabe & David O'Neill.

Hopefully Eddie can convince the younger lads to stay. Can't really see Skippy staying if he gets any offers.

www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

Realistically Skippy isn't going to stay if he receives an offer of Premier football, can't blame the lad been a terrific servant to the club and wish him success wherever he ends up.

Would like to keep Deans. Good solid player, prone to the odd mistake or loss of the head but more than capable of being a top 1st division player.

Brennan hasn't preformed up to standards imo this year. He was one of the more experienced players and didn't seem to help out the youngsters enough for me. Would be one of our top earners too so I'd let him leave.

Foran was easily in our top 3 players this year and would love to keep him but can't see another club not coming in. Would easily be good enough for most of the premier.

Mulroy is a tough one to judge. Seems to have a lot of promise, but sometimes looks too lightweight to be able for this level. Personally would keep him for next year as it may be the year he steps up, and his wages would be small compared to the likes of Brennan, Doyle, Byrne etc.

With spending so long out injured its difficult to have formed much of an opinion on Byrne. Looked good up untill his injury, and was never really fully fit after that. Needs to work on his workrate, but if he isn't demanding high wages (by our standards) I'd keep him as he could get goals in the 1st division.

Doyle had a few good games, but like Brennan didn't really offer enough support to the young lads on the pitch for me. Would let him leave

Like Foran, keeping McCabe would be a no-brainer, but it's yet to be seen if he fancys playing First Division football and doubt he will be short of premier suitors.

Dave O'Neill looks a promising proposition and I'd keep him on. Wages aren't likely to be high and at worst could be used as an u-20 player to monitor his progression

Martinho II
26/11/2009, 5:52 PM
[QUOTE=Hulsey;1283716].

Doyle had a few good games, but like Brennan didn't really offer enough support to the young lads on the pitch for me. Would let him leave

any clubs linked with Daire Doyle? Daire was ok when he played for us.. nothin spectacular except in his last season with us he was on 800 quid a wk which made him the most exp player to employ on our books.. Was he one of the higher earnin players with ye?

Hulsey
26/11/2009, 6:03 PM
[QUOTE=Hulsey;1283716].

any clubs linked with Daire Doyle? Daire was ok when he played for us.. nothin spectacular except in his last season with us he was on 800 quid a wk which made him the most exp player to employ on our books.. Was he one of the higher earnin players with ye?

Haven't a clue what he was on but on the basis of him endind up more as a squad player than anything else I'd hope he wasn't on that much. Would probably have been part time so doubt it anywhere near 800 anyway Martinho. Works hard and slots in wherever asked but very limited when he has the ball