PDA

View Full Version : Squad improvemant.

Lamper.sffc
24/11/2009, 7:58 PM
Liam Buckley has already been quoted as saying he isnt going to make whole sale changes to the squad. Im glad to hear this, as it took way too long for this team to gel (injuries didnt help either)

Where do people think we should strengthen?

How many should come in?

kellco88
24/11/2009, 8:51 PM
Would like to see 2 come in. A Defensive midfielder and a striker. to give extra support at times the defense has been exposed as the midfield is so attack minded

Fingal Fan
24/11/2009, 10:01 PM
I think the squad is good enough to compete strongly next season .But with more matches between League , League Cup, Setanta Cup , Cup and Europe next season more strength in depth may be required .
1. Another central defender . Philip Byrne very injury prone .
2. Another centre mid . Rumours are Ronan Finn on his way from UCD.

Lamper.sffc
25/11/2009, 1:45 AM
I think the squad is good enough to compete strongly next season .But with more matches between League , League Cup, Setanta Cup , Cup and Europe next season more strength in depth may be required .
1. Another central defender . Philip Byrne very injury prone .
2. Another centre mid . Rumours are Ronan Finn on his way from UCD.

Heard that one. Would be a decent signing if true.

What about glen crowe? I wouldnt mind this one either. The guy has a lot of experience while still in his early 30 s. I know it hasnt been great for him recently but I would still take him if possible.

Need a new keeper also. IMO

kellco88
25/11/2009, 8:45 AM
I agree a n ew GK is badly needed. Quigley was dodgy to say the least towards the back end of the season. Lacked confidence under the high ball and let too many shots slip through his hands.

Lamper.sffc
25/11/2009, 12:41 PM
I agree a n ew GK is badly needed. Quigley was dodgy to say the least towards the back end of the season. Lacked confidence under the high ball and let too many shots slip through his hands.

Yeah. I think that goal he let in against shels at morton really knocked his confidence. Not only was he droping simple balls, he wasnt coming for others he should have. Great shot stopper though, no argument there. That save he made against Mcallister in the shels (league game at morton) was world class. I think the guy will develope into a good loi keeper. We just cant afford to wait for that unfortunately.

kellco88
25/11/2009, 12:56 PM
Any word on any players leaving? I know a few are on the PFAI transfer list but that could be because their contracts haven't been renewed yet.

Can't afford to lose the likes of McFaul who has been top class this season

Lamper.sffc
25/11/2009, 9:59 PM
Any word on any players leaving? I know a few are on the PFAI transfer list but that could be because their contracts haven't been renewed yet.

Can't afford to lose the likes of McFaul who has been top class this season

None iv heard off.

The only thing iv read was that Lorcan fitzgerald when asked wouldnt say whether he would be at the club or not for next season. I suppose most would say that.

Madden s and Crowe s names where mentioned by the fingal independant to buckley as possible targets but he basically said he liked both players but nothing had been discussed yet regarding players.

The Lep
07/12/2009, 4:17 AM
Brendan Clarke from St Pats and Gavin Peers from Sligo signed.

total hoofball
07/12/2009, 11:58 AM
Gavin Peers from Sligo signed.

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=855:ventre-and-peers-extend-deals&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

lol

The Lep
07/12/2009, 2:28 PM
Papers got it wrong as usual then.

Whats with the lol? are you 12 or something?

total hoofball
07/12/2009, 5:32 PM
lighten up 'The Lep'

Lamper.sffc
07/12/2009, 10:15 PM
Hope the clarke lad has improved on his decision making. If not he could be quite similar to quigley. Good shot stopper but a little too quick to come off his line. Handling should be better than quigley's though.

blue til i die
08/12/2009, 12:25 AM
fair play on getting finn, smashing player!

Lamper.sffc
08/12/2009, 2:18 AM
fair play on getting finn, smashing player!

Yeah its good news alright.

Lamper.sffc
08/12/2009, 4:30 PM
Ronan Finns transfer to us confirmed on UCD site.

Edit

Our site has now confirmed Clarke and Finn

http://www.sportingfingal.ie/News/tabid/1260/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/2525/Sporting-Fingal-sign-Finn-and-Clarke.aspx

Lamper.sffc
17/12/2009, 7:43 PM
Ger O Brien confirmed as our third signing. Great news:D

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2009/1216/1224260835098.html

Fingal Fan
18/12/2009, 4:27 PM
With Ger O'Briens arrival there will be fierce competition for the right back position next season . Buckos signing so far look very good .

deiselad
19/12/2009, 4:20 PM
Kenny Browne,Waterford United center half,has signed for you guys.

Great addition for you,best of luck next season.

KK77
12/01/2010, 4:43 PM
Will Robbie Doyle be kept on?

Lamper.sffc
13/01/2010, 7:25 PM
Will Robbie Doyle be kept on?

Robbie Doyle along with Ross Gaynor, Fiachra McArdle, Philip Byrne and Kanopka have been let go.

According to the Fingal Ind. Quigley (last years Goalkeeper) will be retained.

Lamper.sffc
14/01/2010, 12:48 AM
Apparently Eric Foley has gone to shels and Dinny has gone there aswell on a 1 year loan.

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 11:17 AM
Philip Byrne has joined us. Whats yer opinion on him? Also an ex player of yers Derek Tyrrell has signed for us. When did he last play for ye and where did he disappear to??

Lamper.sffc
14/01/2010, 2:11 PM
Philip Byrne has joined us. Whats yer opinion on him? Also an ex player of yers Derek Tyrrell has signed for us. When did he last play for ye and where did he disappear to??

I really rated Philip Byrne, while not the quickest, he was a no nonsense defender who did his job very well. When we where playing badly at the beginning of last season, he was one of the few players playing well. He then got injured for a while and found it difficult to get back into the team. (past paisley and maher) I think he is a top signing for yous.

Derek Tyrrell was our right back for most of our first season. He was a good player for us back then. another decent addition. Was wondering where he had disappeared to myself.

Looks like yous are planning to make a dent this year considering the signings yous are making.
You have lot of players we had in our first year.
Deans and Byrne will be a good partnership at the back. Hynes wont bag yous lots of goals but there is a lot more to his game than that.

All the best, hope it works out for yous. Giving shels fans a fright anyway;)

kellco88
14/01/2010, 6:51 PM
Crowe confirmed this afternoon. Good addition to the squad

WindmillWarrior
15/01/2010, 2:45 PM
Crowe confirmed this afternoon. Good addition to the squad

W*nkers!

Also hearing yous have signed Shane Barrett. Anyone here hearing anything?

Again, w*nkers!!

Lamper.sffc
15/01/2010, 2:59 PM
W*nkers!

Also hearing yous have signed Shane Barrett. Anyone here hearing anything?

Again, w*nkers!!

First I heard of it.

That we are W*nkers that is.

As for Shane Barrett. Mind your own business :p

Sorry mate its the first iv heard of it.

Lamper.sffc
15/01/2010, 3:01 PM
Gareth Whelan gone to shels

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/loi/news.asp?n=37898

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 8:51 PM
I believe that we signed Derek Tyreell from Malahide Utd...

Lamper.sffc
16/01/2010, 2:13 AM
I believe that we signed Derek Tyreell from Malahide Utd...

Decent signing Imo

Lamper.sffc
01/02/2010, 3:10 PM
Keith Quinn has signed. Former youth player for Sheffield Utd.

Longfordian
01/02/2010, 4:26 PM
Any thoughts on Fiachra McArdle chaps?. He's signed for us by all accounts.

Martinho II
01/02/2010, 4:58 PM
Fiachra played for Athlone Town and Dundalk too to the best of my knowledge..

Lamper.sffc
01/02/2010, 6:14 PM
Any thoughts on Fiachra McArdle chaps?. He's signed for us by all accounts.

Good player. Didnt feature for us a lot last season but in his first season he was quite good. Tricky little winger and was one of the fans favourites. Good signing IMO

Lamper.sffc
01/02/2010, 6:16 PM
Our squad for the coming season.

Darren Quigley
Brendan Clarke
Brian Gannon
Ger O’Brien
Kenny Browne
Stephen Paisley
John Frost
Lorcan Fitzgerald
Shane Mc Faul
Shaun Williams
Shaun Maher
Kevin Dawson
Ronan Finn
Colm James
Keith Quinn
Conan Byrne
Shane Barrett
Alan Kirby
Eamon Zayed
Glen Crowe
Gary O'Neill

Really happy about the squad except for the loss of Bayly. Season cant start quick enough.:D

Martinho II
01/02/2010, 6:26 PM
where did robert bayley go to do you know?

Lamper.sffc
01/02/2010, 6:55 PM
Not sure if he has found a Club yet. He was training with Rovers a while back according to a Rovers fan on boards.ie and I read he was having trial with Blackpool about two weeks ago.