PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Kevin L
23/11/2009, 10:20 PM
Lads,
I just want to say a quick Thank You to everybody who made the effort to get to Tallaght.
A special mention must go to Forza Rovers for their flag and colour, also to all the parents who had their kids dressed up in red and white and to whoever started the 2 songs "Na Na Na " and "Stand Up For The Bit Of Red" - pure class.
On a personal note, I was gutted yesterday and today but am coming around a bit. The effort that everybody made shows what great supporters we have-imagine if we had that week in week out, what a great Club we'd have.
I'm really sorry we didn't win the Cup for you all but this experience has shown us what is possible-maybe with a few signings in the right places, we could be a force to be reckoned with next year.
Once again, Thanks to everybody for your effort, your singing and your colour - it was really appreciated by the players and committee.
Here's to a good 2010.

showgies
23/11/2009, 10:44 PM
Kevin, thanks for keeping us informed throughout the season. I hope my rant about the tickets is forgiven, but like us all, it's was only because I am passionate about the club

Keep us updated on any signings, or departures

By the way, the club would have made a killing if it provided councelling over the last few days !! :(

Kevin L
24/11/2009, 8:44 AM
You were dead right and it is all forgotten.
As I said at the time, anybody who wanted a ticket, would have got a ticket.

As for the counelling service, I would have been the first in line.

red arrow
24/11/2009, 5:46 PM
fair play to you kevin. i know the club has benefited greatly by your professionalism & work ethic. we were all gutted after sunday but we must fight on because i know we will get our just rewards in the near future. we can look forward to the setanta cup & with proper preperation the club can lift this trophy. we must all keep the faith and look forward to a positive future. there are some great people within the club structure what we need is a few more. sligo rovers is a mirror image of life we must take the good with the bad and always kkep the dream alive.

Redzer
24/11/2009, 7:09 PM
Agree totally Kevin, the supporters did their part. And as you said a special thanks should be made to the guys who put together the crowd cover. It was amazing.

Redkenrover
24/11/2009, 8:32 PM
Couldn't agree more. Thought the flag was absolutely fantastic. The support on Sunday was brilliant and showed why SRFC is the club it is.
As for KevinL, think I'll vote for him as my player of the year!;)

d rovers
24/11/2009, 8:59 PM
Take a bow KevinL, you have played a blinder all season! Many thanks for keeping us informed with all the goings on at the club, and for your hard work and dedication to the cause. As for our loyal supporters, we are second to none. One of the few positives from sunday was our magnificent support. Backed the team all day and took a gut wrenching defeat with great dignity. A special mention to Forza Rovers, they are a credit to the club. Keep up the great work and wonderful displays. Roll on next season.

red_away
25/11/2009, 8:19 AM
Well done to all involved - it took a lot of personal effort from everyone at SRFC to get thru the season so well - congrats