PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Delaney put your money where your mouth is!

Shiba
23/11/2009, 7:29 PM
Going sound like sour grapes! But after seeing Peno on MNS "Never in a month of Sundays was it a penalty.Zayed went one way,Ball went the other.Zayed moved his leg towards Sligo keeper! Which is simulation to get a penalty! Which most definetly had an influence on the referees decision.And which has cost us the cup.So come on Delaney put your money where your mouth is!

gustavo
23/11/2009, 7:50 PM
Delaney already made comments to the effect that injustices in the LoI are relatively unimportant

Shiba
23/11/2009, 7:57 PM
Delaney already made comments to the effect that injustices in the LoI are relatively unimportant

But also said FIFA should prove they are behind their fairplay flag! And called on them to standup and be count.Would he??

bennocelt
23/11/2009, 8:07 PM
But what about the handball in the first half!

Shiba
23/11/2009, 8:16 PM
But what about the handball in the first half!

Didnt see it so can't comment!(my name aint Kelly by the way)

clubman
23/11/2009, 8:41 PM

What makes you think the referee can't adopt the same attitude. He doesn't have the benifit of action replays and in his opinion it was a peno. Have to admit so did I from the angle I saw it. The referee didn't beat us so I think we should accept defeat as hard as it is to accept.

Shiba
23/11/2009, 8:55 PM
What makes you think the referee can't adopt the same attitude. He doesn't have the benifit of action replays and in his opinion it was a peno. Have to admit so did I from the angle I saw it. The referee didn't beat us so I think we should accept defeat as hard as it is to accept.

I have no problem accepting it.And as the Henry incident during the week .I accepted that too but it was Mr Delaney who asked the question of FIFA. I dont agree the idea of stopping the game for video evidence etc.But whenyou have a man off Delaneys position making a fool of us all.Im just wondering what is reaction would be if we called for same fairness as he calling for.Zayed got penalty due to simulation .Simulation = cheating = Replay= fair play.

dong
23/11/2009, 8:56 PM
Going sound like sour grapes! But after seeing Peno on MNS "Never in a month of Sundays was it a penalty.Zayed went one way,Ball went the other.Zayed moved his leg towards Sligo keeper! Which is simulation to get a penalty! Which most definetly had an influence on the referees decision.And which has cost us the cup.So come on Delaney put your money where your mouth is!

Cop yourself on.

Shiba
23/11/2009, 9:03 PM
Cop yourself on.

Why? Its just a question.I know where we lost it yesterday even without the penalty I still felt Fingal were going to score.

Just out of curiosity what was your veiw on henry during the week?

Brian Boru
23/11/2009, 10:22 PM
Point well made Shiba. I'm certain it was not a penalty. The team played as well as they could and we were going to win. The penalty changed that! Simple.

sligorover
23/11/2009, 10:41 PM
Agreed, Shiba makes an interesting point. While I am totally against replaying this or any other game, how can Delaney make his comments last week and then ignore this incident?

RoversInn
23/11/2009, 11:02 PM
We should get every game Richie Winters referred for us this season replayed.

Fair play and all that.

Shiba
23/11/2009, 11:09 PM
We should get every game Richie Winters referred for us this season replayed.

Fair play and all that.

Now your talking we could win the league yet!

bennocelt
24/11/2009, 9:09 AM

A Sligo player handled the ball in the box in the first half, very obvious to all in the Fingal end. Was an accident but it was in the 6 yard box all the same, but I guess the ref didnt see it.
And no Im against replays and all that stuff that was ranted about over the week.
Fact is Sligo let the game slip out of their hands in the last ten minutes anyway.

Guts&Glory
24/11/2009, 9:40 AM
A Sligo player handled the ball in the box in the first half, very obvious to all in the Fingal end. Was an accident but it was in the 6 yard box all the same, but I guess the ref didnt see it.
And no Im against replays and all that stuff that was ranted about over the week.
Fact is Sligo let the game slip out of their hands in the last ten minutes anyway.

As you say the handball (if it was considering ball skipped up off the pitch and hit his hand not a case of sticking his arm out to stop the ball) was an accident so a correct descision not to give a penalty.

Zayed deliberatley and blatantly threw his leg into Kellys body when he saw that the ball was running away from him.

Everyone on the MSN panel last night said it wasn't a penalty.