PDA

View Full Version : Umbro Store?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/11/2009, 3:56 PM
I've tried to look this up, but unfortunately the page I'm lookng for won't open, so that's why I've started this thread.

I heard there is an Umbro store somewhere in Dublin. Where is it ?
By the way, is it a L.O.I shop aswell ?

kellco88
23/11/2009, 3:59 PM
There's and umbro store at Tallaght stadium. Seem's to mainly stock Shamrock rovers gear but could do other teams gear

Danny
23/11/2009, 4:02 PM
Westmoreland St , dublin city centre
its above Carrolls Irish Gifts store

http://www.faishop.com
The FAI/UMBRO Store, Ballast House Westmoreland Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Ph: + 353 1 6775088 ext 1
E-Mail: fai@carrollsirishgifts.com

total hoofball
23/11/2009, 4:17 PM
By the way, is it a L.O.I shop aswell ?

When I was in last time it was mostly national team gear but it had a decent section of LOI shirts by the clubs supplied by umbro, Bohs, Shamrock Rovers, Shels etc

Iorfa2MaccaJim
23/11/2009, 4:50 PM
Thanks for all ye're help lads.

Most appreciated.

RĂ©iteoir
23/11/2009, 4:52 PM
The one in Westmoreland Street also stocks tracksuits, polo shirts, rain jackets, etc. for the clubs supplied by Umbro.

There's also a decent little independant store which (I think) still does LoI gear - it's Sportsmith in Cathedral Street - just off O'Connell Street - several Dublin based LoI players buy their boots from there

PAFC
23/11/2009, 7:47 PM
Hi Lads, i know i posted this a few weeks ago. Recently i came across a website [SPAM REMOVED]
The site has very little on it but i made contact by email and they represent Macron in Ireland. the Macron gear is top drawer. They sponsor Leeds Utd, Sheff Utd and alot of top european clubs.
[SPAM REMOVED]

email address i used was [SPAM REMOVED]

well worth popping them an email and requesting a catalogue.
Good guy running the show also.

dahamsta
23/11/2009, 8:28 PM
The website posted above is registered to a Paul Culleton, a name that also appears in the email address of the user that posted it.

Account banned, posts deleted. No spammers on Foot.ie.

sligo23
23/11/2009, 8:33 PM
Good guy running the show also.

The website posted above is registered to a Paul Culleton, a name that also appears in the email address of the user that posted it.

Account banned, posts deleted. No spammers on Foot.ie.
:D
Clearly a modest man!!:p

fruice
23/11/2009, 9:44 PM
hi as ye are on the subject of gear my club is looking into geting some gear e.g tracksuit hoddies etc any good websites or contacts or what brands are best to go for?

Billy-Green
24/11/2009, 11:06 AM
There's and umbro store at Tallaght stadium. Seem's to mainly stock Shamrock rovers gear but could do other teams gear

Are you serious? It's a Shamrock Rovers Club shop situated in the stadium to sell Shamrock Rovers club merchandice, its not up to them to sell other teams gear.

Greenforever
24/11/2009, 4:12 PM
Are you serious? It's a Shamrock Rovers Club shop situated in the stadium to sell Shamrock Rovers club merchandice, its not up to them to sell other teams gear.

So if I wanted to buy a load of umbro kits for our local schoolboy club, with 40 teams and rather than go to lifestyle I wanted to give the rovers store the profit, youd say no thanks?????

dahamsta
24/11/2009, 4:14 PM
They could if they wanted to, it's their shop and they can sell what they want.

Back on topic please.

adam

Greenforever
24/11/2009, 4:18 PM
Umbro store / FAI shop in Carrolls Westmoreland street is excelent, went in it last week for the first time and very impressed.

Hope it works out well for all parties...I dont know if they stock LOI non umbro gear but its certainly a move in the right direction for Irish football.

Ringo
24/11/2009, 7:21 PM
hi as ye are on the subject of gear my club is looking into geting some gear e.g tracksuit hoddies etc any good websites or contacts or what brands are best to go for?

Shops such as the Umbro/FAi shop or The Rovers/umbro shop don't deal with team orders , too may problems with sizes etc. Just ring UMBRO direct 4509194

Umbro store / FAI shop in Carrolls Westmoreland street is excelent, went in it last week for the first time and very impressed.

Hope it works out well for all parties...I dont know if they stock LOI non umbro gear but its certainly a move in the right direction for Irish football.

:) Its going very well thank you. Only UMBRO product as they were prepared to supply Carrolls , when all others wouldn't & still won't.

kdjaC
24/11/2009, 9:28 PM

So why do you ?

dahamsta
24/11/2009, 9:31 PM
Because he wants to. I won't tell ye to stay on-topic again.

Billy-Green
25/11/2009, 9:40 AM
So if I wanted to buy a load of umbro kits for our local schoolboy club, with 40 teams and rather than go to lifestyle I wanted to give the rovers store the profit, youd say no thanks?????

No problem with that, but not selling St. Pats or Galway shirts for example.

You'd prob be cheaper going straight to umbro if your buying in such large amounts.

saint dog
25/11/2009, 10:03 AM
the shop in the SDCC stadium opened up as an Umbro store , not just to sell Rovers gear but also other clubs , international jerseys etc ,

Billy-Green
25/11/2009, 10:28 AM
the shop in the SDCC stadium opened up as an Umbro store , not just to sell Rovers gear but also other clubs , international jerseys etc ,

:) Not a hint of envy or bitterness

Ringo
25/11/2009, 10:40 AM
Wrong. Its a joint venture between Rovers and Umbro.

The shop primarily sells Rovers gear, but also generic umbro kit, boots, shorts, track suits etc. Also the usual bits and pieces that club shops would have, scarves, stickers, mugs, keyrings etc.

There are some other umbro team kits on sale, primarily Ireland stuff but also some overseas shirts. Why not, its all profit for Rovers in the end.

Other clubs should be doing similar shops rather than knocking it. Its a good way of generating money for the clubs. No retailer can carry the full range of product for each LOI club. Its a busineess & needs to be run like one.

Ringo
25/11/2009, 12:37 PM
100% agreed Mr C. ;)

But its easier to whine and knock other clubs for getting their act together and linking in with companies like Umbro and their fine range of produce. Welcome to foot.ie.

I've been here since 23/07/2003. Nothing new in the posts here. Take out Fingal & replace with Dublin City blah blah blah. Rovers as much as i hated them in my Dublin City days have got their act together & are an example to everyone else :eek: (never thought i'd here myself saying that)

saint dog
25/11/2009, 12:42 PM
Wrong. Its a joint venture between Rovers and Umbro.

The shop primarily sells Rovers gear, but also generic umbro kit, boots, shorts, track suits etc. Also the usual bits and pieces that club shops would have, scarves, stickers, mugs, keyrings etc.

There are some other umbro team kits on sale, primarily Ireland stuff but also some overseas shirts. Why not, its all profit for Rovers in the end.

hows that wrong youve just reworded everything i said

:) Not a hint of envy or bitterness

sorry tallaght stadium you knew what i meant :)

pineapple stu
25/11/2009, 1:14 PM
BYCTWD, can you drop the attitude a little bit? It's as easy to point out the difference (which I assume is saint dog saying the store opened specifically as an Umbro shop as opposed to a SRFC shop), and it'll lead to fewer flame wars.