PDA

View Full Version : Commiserations

Martinho II
22/11/2009, 5:49 PM
Lads I am devastated for ye.. We lost our first cup final but it got a hunger within us and we finally won it two and half years later.. Ye had some support.I am kinda sorry that I couldnt make it but ye will come good again.Im afraid that it was destined to be with Sportin Fingal winning it as they had played three games since ye played your last game.

I know its not much consolation for ye at the moment but keep the head up high it WILL happen to ye!

SligoBrewer
22/11/2009, 5:57 PM
It's ok, the FAI will have no problems in giving us a replay over the dodgy penalty as their not big massive hypocrites. :rolleyes:, but it's time to move on. Get over it, etc etc.

But I've never been prouder of the lads, both in the stands and on the pitch, 'cause WE collectively are a club, not a team like Fingal.

dong
22/11/2009, 6:00 PM
Gutted. Thought we had too many underperformers on the day unfortunately.
Fans were a credit once again. Should be proud of that much.
We'll be back!

Awwwwh Farrell
22/11/2009, 6:08 PM
Gutted ye didnt win lads. Was really hoping yed beat them.
Didnt think they should have got the peno,Kelly seemed to only have eyes for the ball. It was the big turning point, so late on!

Brian Boru
22/11/2009, 6:08 PM
Really missed Conor. Magnificent support. The best in Ireland. Great renditions of Nah nah nah nah. I'm absolutely flattened. We'll be back. Chris Turner will be a great addition.

avvenalaf
22/11/2009, 10:36 PM
Definite penalty. Was Alan Keane on the scene again? We lost because Conor O'drady was missing when the back four needed protection and Ryan was wandering around midfield looking for a lamp post to lean on. More anon.

red bellied
22/11/2009, 11:57 PM
Taxi driver on way home said it wasnt a penalty. In the stands the ref took all night before he finally pointed to the spot.

sligofan4ever
23/11/2009, 12:02 AM
Even looking at replays, I still think this was just a collision where both players just couldn't slow dwn and eventually collided, it looked to me as if they clipped the feet of each other and fell.

avvenalaf
23/11/2009, 12:15 AM
Taxi driver on way home said it wasnt a penalty. In the stands the ref took all night before he finally pointed to the spot.

Pity the fn taxi driver wasn't reffing then, wasn't it?.

red bellied
23/11/2009, 12:21 AM

No its a pity that poser Kelly was reffing playing to the cameras.

Fivesilver
23/11/2009, 8:25 AM
Sick, and sicker for you lads who were there to witness it. At least I have the relatively good fortune to be in India, where there just might be a few people more miserable than I am today.

What's most important now is that we finished the season with a fine team. We started out with the heart ripped out of possibly the league's best defence, and this was exacerbated by the early loss through injury of Peersy, the league's best defender.

We now have to guard against the old Rovers habit of allowing good sides to unravel before the next season comes along. Teams will be circling like predators around our best players - and quite possibly our manager - and will try to exploit the rumours (true or not) of squad discontent. It's now up to the fans to do all we can to preserve the momentum gained in the second half of this season.

Talk to committee members, players, whoever you have access to. Write/phone/email the club. NOT with recriminations, but in the spirit that we believe Rovers can take this to the next level, and that this opportunity must not be squandered. Let's not start next season with the kind of handicap that left us with so much ground to make up this year. If you are in a position to help IN ANY WAY, for god's sake make this known to the club (and if no-one gets back to you, don't come on here complaining - get on to them again).

THIS IS NOT THE "OFF" SEASON!

Well Red
23/11/2009, 9:51 AM
Lets stop whinging about the penalty, a goalkeeper cannot charge an incoming player like that on a one to one, if it was at the other end we would have had no problem with it. We had long periods of play and we were unable to score and as I said before, I am gutted but we all want to move on now and put this season to bed for several reasons. Does anyone know what we get for being second and what portion of the gate do we get, somebody said 75k for being second, that on top of the gate share would at least be a consolation. The real stars yesterday was us the fans who not only got mostly drenched but held our dignity at the end and just shuffled of quietly at to face a horrrible journey back to Sligo, even the pints turned sour afterwords.:(

red arrow
23/11/2009, 11:44 AM
we don;t get a share of the "gate" we only get 75k. hopefully we will go into next season with a clean bill of health financially. as far as i am aware we won;t have any money in the bank but we will owe very little. our budget this season broke all records especially the paying off of players and bringing in new players during the july transfer. people need to be aware that there is no money at the club but our strength at the moment is that we have our heads above the water -just. i say this because there are a lot of rumours around that we have a nice pot of money,. this is totally untrue. what the supporters need to do now is to support all the future fundraisers i.e 400 club, johnny chadda fund, lotto , dinner dance etc. we stiil have to offer contracts to players and get rid of dead weight . so as usual it is going to be very tough

Well Red
23/11/2009, 12:18 PM
we don;t get a share of the "gate" we only get 75k. hopefully we will go into next season with a clean bill of health financially. as far as i am aware we won;t have any money in the bank but we will owe very little. our budget this season broke all records especially the paying off of players and bringing in new players during the july transfer. people need to be aware that there is no money at the club but our strength at the moment is that we have our heads above the water -just. i say this because there are a lot of rumours around that we have a nice pot of money,. this is totally untrue. what the supporters need to do now is to support all the future fundraisers i.e 400 club, johnny chadda fund, lotto , dinner dance etc. we stiil have to offer contracts to players and get rid of dead weight . so as usual it is going to be very tough
Thanks Red Arrow for the info although it seem unfair that we provide the bulk of the crowd and do not get rewarded for it as I assume Fingal would have got 75k if they were second even though they had few supporters.

sligoman
23/11/2009, 12:19 PM
The worst thing I fear about not winning the cup is it now means we'll be losing some of our key players. If we won then I was confident the likes of Peers and Boco would stay but now I think we're gonna lose them.

reddynamite
23/11/2009, 12:48 PM
he was the taxi man lol

srfc1928
23/11/2009, 2:00 PM
I was bringing my daughter to school this morning,
we walked by a group of 8 year olds and they were giving out about Zayed and singing the 'referee's a wanke r' .............. made me smile.

Anyways we need to focus on the positives from yesterday, regroup, move on and hopefully be stronger for it.

If some players dont want to stay, cut them loose, the club is much bigger than any one player and yesterday proved that.
The grass isnt always greener on the other side and I think some of them might find that out in time.