PDA

View Full Version : FAI admit no replay

Uncle_Joe
21/11/2009, 1:05 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1121/ireland.html

The Fai have admitted its all over. I dont realistically think there was any chance of a replay and I dont think there should have been one.

Ive found it very hard the last few days to post anything on this forum in the last few days. Thinking about it is just too depressing, and calls for a replay only make it worse, although they are perfectly understandable considering the emotion of the whole thing.

Lets draw a line under it and look forward to the Euro draw. Great progress has been made in this campaign and hopefully a few new faces and maybe some others returning will be introduced in the next 8 months.

Thunderblaster
21/11/2009, 1:19 PM
Being realistic, there was never going to be a replay. We do expect an apology to the people of Ireland and Henry to be banned for the three group games in the World Cup.

Noelys Guitar
21/11/2009, 2:11 PM
Yes it is time to move one but I would still like to hear from Blatter and Platini. The upcoming draw and the World Cup itself will bring all the depressive feelings flooding back unfortunately.

jebus
21/11/2009, 2:14 PM
Being realistic, there was never going to be a replay. We do expect an apology to the people of Ireland and Henry to be banned for the three group games in the World Cup.

Hasn't Henry already apologised? I doubt you'll get the three game ban as well, have Fifa even said they're reviewing it?

cudsy1
21/11/2009, 7:42 PM
The upcoming draw and the World Cup itself will bring all the depressive feelings flooding back unfortunately.

hear hear. this sh1t is gonna hurt for years

soccerboy
21/11/2009, 7:49 PM
henry will never get a ban,see how quiet blatter and platini have been since the incident,it's just going to blow over

irishfan86
21/11/2009, 7:52 PM
I don't think I'll be able to watch the World Cup. This edition is going to be completely illegitimate to me now.

Emmet7
21/11/2009, 7:58 PM
New twist on this story.

FIFA and FFF were thinking of offering a replay and Domenech blocked it.

Junior
21/11/2009, 8:02 PM
New twist on this story.

What the lowest ranking of all 3 parties (FIFA, FFF and Domenech) managed to block it? utter garbage.

Not shooting the messenger by the way.

irishfan86
21/11/2009, 8:04 PM
New twist on this story.

Source?

Emmet7
21/11/2009, 8:05 PM
Source?

Was on The Premiership and will be in the papers tomorrow.

Emmet7
21/11/2009, 8:13 PM
All Domenech needs now is enough Irish supporters to throw in the towel and the French smash and grab is complete.

OwlsFan
21/11/2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think I'll be able to watch the World Cup. This edition is going to be completely illegitimate to me now.

People seem to think we were leading in the tie when Gallas scored. It would have gone to the lottery of penalties and having witnessed our penalty taking at first hand in Korea, I wouldn't have been that optimistic. So at best we had a 50/50 chance of going there so forget about talk about "illegitimate" competitions.

SkStu
21/11/2009, 11:34 PM
People seem to think we were leading in the tie when Gallas scored. It would have gone to the lottery of penalties and having witnessed our penalty taking at first hand in Korea, I wouldn't have been that optimistic. So at best we had a 50/50 chance of going there so forget about talk about "illegitimate" competitions.

over 7 years ago in fairness OF....

Crosby87
21/11/2009, 11:47 PM
Sku, this is a stupid question but are you related to Pineapple Stu?

SkStu
21/11/2009, 11:53 PM
yeah our parents, Mr. and Mrs. Stu, had a thing for weird first names.

stupid hippies.

Crosby87
22/11/2009, 12:00 AM
Come on. I know you spent time at Berkeley. You watch the NHL with a fresh order Im told. So dont pretend you arent a Jerry Garcia freak.

SkStu
22/11/2009, 12:05 AM
Come on. I know you spent time at Berkeley. You watch the NHL with a fresh order Im told. So dont pretend you arent a Jerry Garcia freak.

wow, you have me all figured out... :D :D

(but seriously, i have no idea what any of that means)

Crosby87
22/11/2009, 12:15 AM
Sorry Stu. Berkely is like, Cal Berk, the college where the hippie movement started.
Jerry Garcia was with the Grateful Dead. Some people I know (hehe) watch the NHL and smoke a little product.
And maybe you can come down to NYC someday and watch some NHL with me:D:eek::D

SkStu
22/11/2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry Stu. Berkely is like, Cal Berk, the college where the hippie movement started.
Jerry Garcia was with the Grateful Dead. Some people I know (hehe) watch the NHL and smoke a little product.
And maybe you can come down to NYC someday and watch some NHL with me:eek::D

ahhhhh, now i get it and, in that case, its a resounding yes - im a Jerry Garcia freak. And afterwards a bit of Cherry Garcia...

not sure bout Pineapple though - he's the boring brother. :D

Crosby87
22/11/2009, 12:22 AM
There is always one in the fam Stu the younger crosby is a cop in Brooklyn. Poor guy said "paddy wagon" the other day in a meeting and was told it was an unacceptable term. And potentially fireable to say. He was like, Im Irish!
Only in the NYPD.....

Emmet7
22/11/2009, 12:32 AM
Get a room you two..

I thought this forum was about football.