PDA

View Full Version : Meeting in the little flower hall

tippex
21/11/2009, 9:34 AM
I have to say that it was great to see so many supporters show up to the meeting in the little flower hall last night you all done yourselves proud.

bray boy
21/11/2009, 11:18 AM
Endin up being way to late to even show up.What was talked about and that?

mightyseagull
23/11/2009, 8:57 PM
Anyone who was at this care to put up some of the topics covered as i was unable to make it up on the night

Roo69
24/11/2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone who was at this care to put up some of the topics covered as i was unable to make it up on the night

Talked about loads before i had to leave so im not sure how it ended.

I was their to talk about a new Supporters Trust that will be launched in the new year, seemed to be recieved very well.

Other topics also covered were the role of the supporters club, gap between the juniors SC and seniors SC - how do we intergrate the 14-20 year old group of supporters.

Hulsey
24/11/2009, 1:23 PM
Talked about loads before i had to leave so im not sure how it ended.

I was their to talk about a new Supporters Trust that will be launched in the new year, seemed to be recieved very well.

Other topics also covered were the role of the supporters club, gap between the juniors SC and seniors SC - how do we intergrate the 14-20 year old group of supporters.

Nice to see this was discussed as imo this is one of the key issues that needed to be addressed for next season. Their doesn't seem to be any communication between the youths and the older members (both ways) at all and the younger lads are the ones who are one day going to take over the running of the SC.

Ronan85
24/11/2009, 5:16 PM
I didn't make this unfortunately but glad to hear the issue of the young lads was discussed. This is something that Ive been talking to other senior fans about for the last few years.

tippex
25/11/2009, 9:17 AM
Just so that you all realise that there was a serious amount of sarcasm in my original post.
There was a total of 12 people show up.

Ronan I'm interested on your take of the "young lads" as one of the comments that was made was to do with "the bloody drums".

peadar1987
25/11/2009, 10:52 AM
Just so that you all realise that there was a serious amount of sarcasm in my original post.

Ronan I'm interested on your take of the "young lads" as one of the comments that was made was to do with "the bloody drums".

I quite like the bloody drums!

tippex
25/11/2009, 1:14 PM
I think the drums have been a great addition to the atmosphere at the games.

Ronan85
25/11/2009, 5:27 PM

Tippex, Ive no problem with the drums. My concern is that there has been an element of our support (primarily young lads) in recent years that have been troublesome at games. Some of them are only interested in causing trouble and verbally abusing people, including their fans.

12 is a disapointing turnout to be fair. If I'd known it was on, I'd have come along.

Riddickcule
25/11/2009, 6:25 PM
My concern is that there has been an element of our support (primarily young lads) in recent years that have been troublesome at games. Some of them are only interested in causing trouble and verbally abusing people, including their fans.
In fairness you get that with all clubs, we're no different, we have to live with it.The Anti-ultras attitute is driving people away from the games, in that age group 14-20 approx.

tippex
25/11/2009, 7:06 PM
Ronan I totally agree with you 100% and this is where it is up to the club to step in / na fanaithe or supporters around them (this needs to be within reason as well as depending on who it is it could easily be getting blown out of all proportion) and take control of the situation.
It is not up to the supporters club to handle this.

The guys in nafanaithe have enough about them to tell the ones acting up to behave or GTFO.

In fairness they need guidance from guys around their own age. I can pretty much guarantee that if the ring leaders copped on the rest would follow.

I asked my 16 year old why he doesnt bother coming to games (apart from the fact he has no interest in football any longer) and he said "Get a few scraps going and you'll have loads" I was fairly taken aback as I reckon he'd get pummelled in a scrap and then I just thought is this what most of them are looking for?

Roo69
25/11/2009, 10:17 PM
Shocking turn out for the meeting. It wasn't a supporters club meeting as such, but still only one committiee member turned up, not good enough IMO, but with the week that was in it i knid of understood why people didn't want to go to such a meeting.

The club need to try and get such meetings a bit more advertised to let more people know about them.

Bray Head
26/11/2009, 7:45 AM
Probably bad timing to have such a meeting a week after the season ended in relegation. It might have made better sense to have it at the start of next season when we could look to the new season with new ideas'

tippex
26/11/2009, 8:51 AM
To be honest to have a meeting at the start of the season can only do so much as you are straight into the match days etc.

This is the reason work is being done on a new supporters trust at the moment so that it is ready to launch in the middle of January.

Riddickcule
26/11/2009, 2:49 PM
I like the idea of a ST at first but how much of a difference can it make?

Roo69
26/11/2009, 3:44 PM
I like the idea of a ST at first but how much of a difference can it make?

I won't go into much details but the plan is get 150 people signed up @ 5 euro a week (or a one off payment). A the Seagulls Future Trust is a completely seperate business it's members will decide on how all funds raised will be spent. The club will never physically see the money, but we will let them know, our members have decided for example, to spend half the money on a new P.A system/disabled area/community changing rooms/new toilets etc and then the rest on new signings in the July transfer window, This is just a brief example.

We are only at the early stages of set up and we have roughly 50 people agreed they will 100% sign up which will be a great start. If we reach the target of 150 people, by the end of year 1 we will have 39k raised, we will also be looking to do a couple of other fundraising nights during the reasons such as a race night, poker night etc to help bring it closer to the 50k mark. That money will make a really big difference to a club the sze of Bray.

Even with the current state of the country i feel we can get 150 signed up to it. Well thats the plan ! there is 6 of us setting it up so it will be up to us to sign members up.

Full details will be available in due course as we finalise the smaller details and fine print.

Riddickcule
26/11/2009, 5:07 PM
So basically the small things that need brushing up? sounds sweet.

Will the ST be doing things like running buses to away games? which the SC is a total farce at the past few months..

Hulsey
26/11/2009, 5:36 PM
I won't go into much details but the plan is get 150 people signed up @ 5 euro a week (or a one off payment). A the Seagulls Future Trust is a completely seperate business it's members will decide on how all funds raised will be spent. The club will never physically see the money, but we will let them know, our members have decided for example, to spend half the money on a new P.A system/disabled area/community changing rooms/new toilets etc and then the rest on new signings in the July transfer window, This is just a brief example.

We are only at the early stages of set up and we have roughly 50 people agreed they will 100% sign up which will be a great start. If we reach the target of 150 people, by the end of year 1 we will have 39k raised, we will also be looking to do a couple of other fundraising nights during the reasons such as a race night, poker night etc to help bring it closer to the 50k mark. That money will make a really big difference to a club the sze of Bray.

Even with the current state of the country i feel we can get 150 signed up to it. Well thats the plan ! there is 6 of us setting it up so it will be up to us to sign members up.

Full details will be available in due course as we finalise the smaller details and fine print.

Sounds excellent Roo. Hope it goes well for you and fair play for helping set the ball in motion someone needed too.

Roo69
26/11/2009, 5:39 PM
So basically the small things that need brushing up? sounds sweet.

Will the ST be doing things like running buses to away games? which the SC is a total farce at the past few months..

No, our function will be to fundraise to upgrade the Carlisle Grounds and possibly help out with funding for players. We will not have any other function.

The supporters club have a massive and important part to play in bringing the club forward, hence why a meeting was called last week. As mentioned, one of the things we spoke about is trying to bridge the gap between the youths and older members of the S.C, i really think another meeting is needed with as many people as possible from both age groups turning up, its the only way forward. I agree with you about the bus towards the end of last season but i also see the supporters club as it was costing them money to run them. As i sad its the only way forward for everyone to sit down and chat and work things through for the betterment of the club.

Riddickcule
26/11/2009, 7:54 PM
No, our function will be to fundraise to upgrade the Carlisle Grounds and possibly help out with funding for players. We will not have any other function.

The supporters club have a massive and important part to play in bringing the club forward, hence why a meeting was called last week. As mentioned, one of the things we spoke about is trying to bridge the gap between the youths and older members of the S.C, i really think another meeting is needed with as many people as possible from both age groups turning up, its the only way forward. I agree with you about the bus towards the end of last season but i also see the supporters club as it was costing them money to run them. As i sad its the only way forward for everyone to sit down and chat and work things through for the betterment of the club.
Why would we pay to upgrade the Carlisle when the new development is going through?

I also don't think we should meddle with team affairs ie. paying for players.I think the ST should just be for the off-field fiascos...

Roo69
26/11/2009, 9:02 PM
Why would we pay to upgrade the Carlisle when the new development is going through?

I also don't think we should meddle with team affairs ie. paying for players.I think the ST should just be for the off-field fiascos...

If you don't like what we are trying to do for the club then don't join. I'm sure there will be plenty of supporters who love the idea and plenty who wont.

peadar1987
27/11/2009, 2:02 PM
If you don't like what we are trying to do for the club then don't join. I'm sure there will be plenty of supporters who love the idea and plenty who wont.

I don't have the cashflow to become a full member, but will ye be collecting at games or anything? I'd like to do my bit!

Also, do you have any plans to help with club promotion schemes, or is it just to upgrade the ground?

Does anyone have any fresh news on the new development at the Carlise by the way. The last I heard, it was still just a proposal.

Roo69
27/11/2009, 2:45 PM
I don't have the cashflow to become a full member, but will ye be collecting at games or anything? I'd like to do my bit!

Also, do you have any plans to help with club promotion schemes, or is it just to upgrade the ground?

Does anyone have any fresh news on the new development at the Carlise by the way. The last I heard, it was still just a proposal.

We will be running different fundraising nights during the year, stuff like table quizes, poker nights, race nights etc so anyone who can't join can join in that way. Fundraising is the main function of the Trust but as we hopefully grow we will be able to take on club promotion etc. i suppose that will only happen if we get enough numbers.

I know there was a proposal released a while ago but as far as i know that's all it is at present, and could be years away, well even if it does happen i still think it will be a good few years away due to planning etc, that takes a long long time to clear, hence why we think we feel we need to help with making the Carlisle as comfortable as possible while we wait and to try help with fundraising for purchasing players (this will hopefully happen the same way it did when the Supporters Club raised funds, A player will become available and if the fundds are not in the club they will ask us to buy the player, which is what has happened in the LOI for years. We would never just go out and buy a player and say here you go, play him)

peadar1987
27/11/2009, 2:51 PM
Thanks Roo!

Any idea what you're going to focus on with regard to ground improvements?

Coverering even a small proportion of the away stand would probably be much appreciated by many!

Roo69
27/11/2009, 3:37 PM
Thanks Roo!

Any idea what you're going to focus on with regard to ground improvements?

Coverering even a small proportion of the away stand would probably be much appreciated by many!

The committiee will come up with a number of ideas at the start of each season then it will be up to the members to vote on which idea they like best. What ever gets the most votes is were the funds will be spent. It gives the members a real say in the club and what they want to see the money spent on and how they feel we can help the club out most.

Ideas so far would be items such as a new PA system, disabled toilets and seating area, players fund for signing players, proper facilities/changing rooms for the kids doing the half time penalty shoot out/half time match, new male and female toilets etc