PDA

View Full Version : Graham Stack - Why Ireland?

Peadar
04/03/2004, 10:50 AM
Graham Stack's accent is more Isle of Dogs than Emerald Isle, so why does he play for the Republic of Ireland?
"You can hear me," he said. "I am definitely not from Dublin. I am a London boy and was brought up here.

"But my mum was born in Glenamaddy in Galway, so was my Nan and Grandad plus half a dozen of my aunties and uncles.

"I made a decision at 16 or 17 to play for Ireland and it has been a great privilege to play for a great country. The people are so passionate about their football. I have not looked back."

Full story on Arsenal.com (http://www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontroller.jsp?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=displayheadline&type=com.sportapps.news.NewsItem&id=4412945)

Lionel Ritchie
04/03/2004, 10:59 AM
AND YOUR POINT IS?

Peadar
04/03/2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Lionel Ritchie
AND YOUR POINT IS?

Another Limerick person with an attitude.

I was merely pointing people in the direction of the article on a future star in Irish goalkeeping history.
Not interested?
Don't click on the link, don't submit posts to this thread.

Bowsy
04/03/2004, 11:17 AM
Fair play. The lad has made a genuine decision about where his loyalties lie at a very early age. No one can tell me that a 16 year old would write off his chances of playing for England if that's what he wanted to do. At 16 you believe your good enough to play for anyone.

sadloserkid
04/03/2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Peadar

Another Cork person who thinks they're clever. :) Oh look, I can play Peadar's game too! ;)

Lionel Ritchie
04/03/2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

I was merely pointing people in the direction of the article on a future star in Irish goalkeeping history.
Not interested?
Don't click on the link, don't submit posts to this thread.

Whoa Whoa!!! :D
alright Peadar I'm putting my hand up and acknowledging I was wrong! :o I didn't actually follow your link as I suspected it was going to lead to a "how many more stinkin' anglos are we gonna supplement our team with?" type debate.

Anyway this Limerickman has a grand attitude and a happy song on his lips-we just got our licence!!!

lopez
04/03/2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Lionel Ritchie
AND YOUR POINT IS?
Lionel, we all know you're having a hard day today after having to hand over €200,000 a month to your ex wife for her nails and hair. :D But I'm still buying your records.