PDA

View Full Version : Protest

Pages : [1] 2 3

rambler14
19/11/2009, 1:00 PM
http://www.fifa.com/contact/validate.htmx

I sent them a very nice e-mail telling them that their Fair Play campaign is a joke.

antrimgreen
19/11/2009, 1:09 PM
I have also sent them a nice email regarding the endorsement of their fair play policy. I might aswell as i just can't get this out of my head, it's seriously seriously so hard to stomach. I think i need therapy :(

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 1:11 PM
http://www.fifa.com/contact/validate.htmx

I sent them a very nice e-mail telling them that their Fair Play campaign is a joke.
done.

w$%kers

Sunny Jim
19/11/2009, 1:19 PM
Done as well. For all the good it will do.

AidoP
19/11/2009, 1:41 PM
I sent one off this morning but Im afraid they will all be filtered into the folder "Disgruntled Irish Fans" never to be read. Funny too how the "official" FIFA match report doesnt mention the match changing incident at all. Oh and you cant add comments anymore cos they removed that option on the english and german FIFA sites.

rambler14
19/11/2009, 1:44 PM
I sent one off this morning but Im afraid they will all be filtered into the folder "Disgruntled Irish Fans" never to be read. Funny too how the "official" FIFA match report doesnt mention the match changing incident at all. Oh and you cant add comments anymore cos they removed that option on the english and german FIFA sites.

I reckon thats my fault. I left a comment last night about 10 minutes after the game that would have turned the air blue. I was pretty p!ssed off and a little drunk at the time so I do apologise to those who cant their fury.

markmc
19/11/2009, 1:44 PM
Contact the French Consulate also

Ambassade de France en Irlande, 36 Ailesbury road - Ballsbridge - DUBLIN 4
Tel : 00 353 1 277 5000 Fax : 00 353 1 277 5001

I sent them a fax earlier saying that if they have any honour that they will either replay the match or withdraw from the competition.

onenilgameover
19/11/2009, 1:45 PM
Can someone post the letter they wrote so we can copy and paste. Haven't time to write a letter and can't bring up the words.

TheBoss
19/11/2009, 1:49 PM
I think it is about time that a rival Association is setup that have simple rules, like offside returned to its original format, video technology being introduced, yellow/red cards overturned etc, this Association will have representatives from each member that makes decisions rather than 1 man.

Football needs to be revolutionised, FIFA are the only option for football, we have change that, we need a governing body that that lets football do the talking instead of making the game complicated like FIFA are doing, I am sure that many Associations would break away if there was an another option.

AidoP
19/11/2009, 1:58 PM
I reckon thats my fault. I left a comment last night about 10 minutes after the game that would have turned the air blue. I was pretty p!ssed off and a little drunk at the time so I do apologise to those who cant their fury.

It was there this morning when I got into work so maybe you and loads more Irish fans made their feelings known to FIFA. Im not complaining cos every Irish fan has a right to be p*ssed off at FIFA and send them loads of abuse. Im just sorry I didnt post my comment last nite myself. Sent them an email instead though.

Reality Bites
19/11/2009, 2:00 PM
Left a message with those FIFA gob****es...won't make much difference but makes me feel better...

cestlavie
19/11/2009, 2:07 PM
Done, sent link on to loads of people to leave their views

CMcC
19/11/2009, 2:07 PM
Crazy!!

Where will this stop. Sigining petitions and demanding a replay everytime there is a controversial decision. Its just madness. We got humped last night by the officials. We, like many many other countries and clubs around the world who have been victims of bad decisions just have to deal with it and come back next time.

If McShane could defend properly we wouldnt be talking about this robbery today. We would be moaning or celebrating the peno shootout.

TheBoss
19/11/2009, 2:08 PM
If McShane could defend properly we wouldnt be talking about this robbery today. We would be moaning or celebrating the peno shootout.

How can you blame him, the ball was clearly going out for a goal kick ?

Reality Bites
19/11/2009, 2:09 PM
Crazy!!

Where will this stop. Sigining petitions and demanding a replay everytime there is a controversial decision. Its just madness. We got humped last night by the officials. We, like many many other countries and clubs around the world who have been victims of bad decisions just have to deal with it and come back next time.

Rubbish point about McShane---the ball was going out the only way to stop it was by using hand

CMcC
19/11/2009, 2:44 PM
Rubbish point about McShane---the ball was going out the only way to stop it was by using hand

Rubbish back at ya. Because if he sheparded it properly i.e. get his body around it and protect the ball instead of letting it fly past his body - he would have prevented Henry getting anything, hand, foot or knob on it at all. In fact with TH lurking around behind you he should have got rid - simple as. That's why I blame McShane's defending. Basic schoolboy stuff.

dr_peepee
19/11/2009, 2:51 PM
Rubbish back at ya. Because if he sheparded it properly i.e. get his body around it and protect the ball instead of letting it fly past his body - he would have prevented Henry getting anything, hand, foot or knob on it at all. In fact with TH lurking around behind you he should have got rid - simple as. That's why I blame McShane's defending. Basic schoolboy stuff.

Not really. When you see it from behind there was no way he could attack it given the trajectory of the ball and the obstacles in front. He was guilty of ball watching and not being aware of the line maybe. But given where he was standing the only way that ball was going to be kept in play after his attempted sheppard was outside the rules, which he can't account for.

A kick out was more desiralble at that stage than a scuffled clearance which was the only other thing on offer.

Saying that, I don't think it would've happended to O'Shea or even Kelly...

IsMiseSean
19/11/2009, 2:59 PM
Complaint made, not goin to make a difference though.... Football is no longer the beautiful game

SwanVsDalton
19/11/2009, 2:59 PM
McShane shoulders some blame, the ball was there to be won and with a player the calibre of Henry lurking, you have to deal with it. Obviously he can't account for cheating, but every ball into the box like that has to be dealt with decisively. It's no coincidence that the only time a hopeful punt into our area wasn't attended to was on his watch.

Still agree - not going all out on this replay stuff, load of what if's and maybe's. I'd like FIFA to clarify their rules on play off draws and consider using video technology. But the rest is football.

whinnie01
19/11/2009, 4:03 PM
Alright blame McShane I'd rather ask why our keeper could'nt come 3 yards off his line a take a lobbed ball above his head, at the other end their keeper came for everything all night an made it his.

Acornvilla
19/11/2009, 4:07 PM
Alright blame McShane I'd rather ask why our keeper could'nt come 3 yards off his line a take a lobbed ball above his head, at the other end their keeper came for everything all night an made it his.
very true but i've made the point before thats shays only flaw. mashane stil should have thumped it away

sixesandsevens
19/11/2009, 4:31 PM
Sent, I hope Sepp is checking his e-mails

stiffler
19/11/2009, 5:29 PM
Says system is unavailable now

Vermicious Knid
19/11/2009, 5:29 PM
Where will this stop. Sigining petitions and demanding a replay everytime there is a controversial decision. Its just madness.I am setting up a petition to get people to stop setting up petitions.

elroy
19/11/2009, 6:21 PM
No harm to let them know how we feel but unfortunately cant see any significant result out of this. The only good is that the european media at large seem to be displaying FIFA in a poor light along with their 'seeding/rigging' of the playoff draw. Im sure they wont be too keen on the exposure all of this is getting, but naturally enough it will all settle in a few days. And while we'll be left hurting the rest of the world will have moved on.

Imagine if they did permit a replay, it would set a nasty precedent from their own point of view. The only way I can see it happening is if the FFF offer the replay.

irishultra
19/11/2009, 6:24 PM
if i was FFF i'd say yes we will play a replay in a smaller venue in france and just knock out the irish by scoring a few goals and settling it.

cavan_fan
19/11/2009, 6:28 PM
No harm to let them know how we feel but unfortunately cant see any significant result out of this. The only good is that the european media at large seem to be displaying FIFA in a poor light along with their 'seeding/rigging' of the playoff draw. Im sure they wont be too keen on the exposure all of this is getting, but naturally enough it will all settle in a few days. And while we'll be left hurting the rest of the world will have moved on.

Imagine if they did permit a replay, it would set a nasty precedent from their own point of view. The only way I can see it happening is if the FFF offer the replay.

I would actually be worried if FIFA did allow a replay. At the moment there is a simple black and white rule, there are never replays for judgement calls/missed incidents. Once you break this then the decision is a subjective one after the event. If you give a replay for this then where do you draw the line.

On the other hand I thin the FFF should offer a replay.

irishultra
19/11/2009, 6:30 PM
it would be a win win situation for them. the french players will want it over with and ireland won't have the same raw emotion they had yesterday night. play it in the stade louis in monaco behind closed doors.

cavan_fan
19/11/2009, 6:33 PM
On an aside France were awful, a lot of the apologetic tone from the french media is really based on their hatred of Domenech.

Does anyone think they'll ditch him before the tournament itself?

HarpoJoyce
19/11/2009, 7:38 PM
On an aside France were awful, a lot of the apologetic tone from the French media is really based on their hatred of Domenech.

Does anyone think they'll ditch him before the tournament itself?

The French press have being prophetising his demise for a long, long time. Every campaign they promise this is the one.

Comes under the UEFA organisation, but France are a candidate nation for Euro 2016.
http://tousensemble2016.fff.fr/euro2016/
(be careful where you click on the website if you don't wish to register your support.)

What happens in these circumstances is a quiet word and FFF show the appropiate remorse. But at the moment FFF and FIFA owe the FAI a favour.

Several months after 'Toni' Schumacher went through Battiston in Espana '82 (it could have been Stapo). West Germany played a Friendly in Metz against France. Schumacher went out to warm up TWO hours before kick-off and he says that a lot of missiles rained down on him during that time. But when the match began most of the crowd had vented their anger and he didn't get as much abuse. Although he says a French player stood on his hand and it hurt him.

Thunderblaster
19/11/2009, 7:45 PM
Sent a message myself last night and I asked that FIFA, the FFF and Thierry Henry come out and apologise to the people of Ireland for what happened. The message probably most likely ended in the Deleted or Junk Mail part of the message board.

irishultra
19/11/2009, 7:57 PM
ill be giving france my support as i will give england 2018 support for world cup. both easy to get to.

ken foree
19/11/2009, 8:03 PM
just joined their (fifa's) "club", their poor excuse for a forum to post the following:

"fifa isn't suppressing these anti-henry comments? i'm surprised. no mention in their match report of the biggest turning point in the game. i don't want the game replayed, only the introduction of video technology to stop the game from descending further into farce."

the message is being prevented from being posted because it appears to contain 'profanities'. clicking on their web-help for this section provides you with a comment/question form which, after being submitted returns

'system currently not available.'

it's like a soviet propoganda operation over there...

cillit1928
19/11/2009, 8:07 PM
Sent about 5emails to each dept, then they stopped accepting them, fifa fair play my h*le

Deckydee
19/11/2009, 8:21 PM
Done my bit!

old git
19/11/2009, 10:04 PM
Contact the French Consulate also

Ambassade de France en Irlande, 36 Ailesbury road - Ballsbridge - DUBLIN 4
Tel : 00 353 1 277 5000 Fax : 00 353 1 277 5001

I sent them a fax earlier saying that if they have any honour that they will either replay the match or withdraw from the competition.

would it not also make sense to contact french football federation and see if they would do the decent thing and offer a replay

Official site
www.fff.fr
info
webmaster@fff.fr

Fédération Française de Football
87, Boulevard de Grenelle PARIS 75738

Phone: +33-1/4431 7300
Fax: +33-1/4431 7373

President ESCALETTES Jean-Pierre
Vice President TBD
General Secretary LAMBERT Jacques
Treasurer DESUMER Bernard
Men's Coach DOMENECH Raymond (FRA)

highlight100
20/11/2009, 12:07 AM
Message sent here for what it's worth also.

onenilgameover
20/11/2009, 3:19 AM
Anyone now any more about this?

irishultra
20/11/2009, 3:30 AM
I heard about this on the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow and I can only say my estimation of certain sections of Irish society went down a little bit more. I mean I know we are an inbred nation but theres no exuse for the idiocy that I heard tonight.

Was really nauseating. The illusions of grandear amongst the Irish population is unbelievable. They actually think they will be missed in South Africa because we have the 'best fans in the world'

I will be on my lunch break from school at that time near the french embassy and i will laugh but also hope that the french media don't take note of it.

SkStu
20/11/2009, 4:35 AM
embarrassing. Time to move on.

OneRedArmy
20/11/2009, 6:36 AM
We're being stirred up by British-owned media. Disgraceful.

I despair about this country.

Real ale Madrid
20/11/2009, 7:30 AM
Ridiculous.

People need to get some perspective - at the end of the day no-one was hurt.

The ref made a horlicks of it. tough luck but lets move on.

Krstic
20/11/2009, 7:43 AM
West Brits;)

saint dog
20/11/2009, 7:49 AM
totally ott
really starting to make a show of ourselves now
I think the best and all we can hope for and it will be fair
Is for all parties to come out admit they were wrong .Apologise ,
Forget about it and move on

Maybe a 3 match (in the finals) ban for henry would be suitable but thats it

del_carroll
20/11/2009, 7:53 AM
Have a bit of dignity please. It's a game of football. Life goes on.

tiktok
20/11/2009, 8:01 AM
Jesus Wept. That is pathetic.

dodgycanadian
20/11/2009, 8:01 AM
We're being stirred up by British-owned media. Disgraceful.

I despair about this country.

Spot on. It is only because of the English-French complexity that they care. I appreciate the attention they have given this but I dont think they really care. If this was Wayne Rooney who was the culprit they would be singing his praises.

Scram
20/11/2009, 8:02 AM
Comical, absolutely comical

Mayo Red
20/11/2009, 8:29 AM
Way over the top if this is true, anyone that turns up must have way too much time on their hands! Likewise, Cowen or the rest of the Government stooges shouldn't be getting involved either clearly in a vain effort just to court populist opinion!

Scram
20/11/2009, 8:33 AM
Way over the top if this is true, anyone that turns up must have way too much time on their hands! Likewise, Cowen or the rest of the Government stooges shouldn't be getting involved either clearly in a vain effort just to court populist opinion!

How true. Ironic and embarassing to hear Fianna Fail apparently upset about bad decisions and incompetence! How about we replay the last 15 years without them, that’s a sure win for Ireland!