Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Murfinator
19/11/2009, 12:16 PM
http://twitter.com/thierry_Henry

Let him know how you feel.

Pauro 76
19/11/2009, 12:21 PM
'im not the referee... but if i hurt some one im sorry '

Oh you've hurt more than one person Henry.

dr_peepee
19/11/2009, 12:25 PM
... A message in a bottle!!!

Noelys Guitar
19/11/2009, 12:29 PM
This is Roger and Tiger. Don't call us again.

musicinmouth
19/11/2009, 12:30 PM
Tell him he should call for a replay!

Fair play is dead.

rambler14
19/11/2009, 12:34 PM

You hurt an entire nation Theirry as well as that Sweden have dis-owned the referee and come out saying they are embarassed by him. I'd go as far to say that the whole world supported Ireland last night. Even the French nation is embarassed by what you did.
So someone can become some billions........Cheat!

Scram
19/11/2009, 12:42 PM
This is nonsense. Henry was not a fault, the linesman and the referee were.

Are we now going to do what the English do and talk about death threats etc., etc. ?

seanfhear
19/11/2009, 12:44 PM
Thierry Henry would you please come and play for the Mayo gaelic football team as we could do with a good corner forward.

rebelarmyexile
19/11/2009, 12:50 PM
my little work of art:

Dotsy
19/11/2009, 12:51 PM

Are we now going to do what the English do and talk about death threats etc., etc. ?

No one in their right mind is going to talk about death threats but Henry is a cheat no matter how you dress it up. The ref and linesman at at best incompetent or at worst guilty of favoring the bigger nation. In that case they are cheats along with Henry.

celticV3
19/11/2009, 12:54 PM

Fair enough if it was an accidental handball, but Henry might aswell have picked the ball up, spun it on his finger then thrown it to gallas.
http://i48.tinypic.com/24exhy8.jpg

Murfinator
19/11/2009, 12:54 PM
Of course Henry was at fault, he deliberately handled the ball, which was bad.

Then he celebrated the goal, which was worse.

Then he had the cheek to console Richard Dunne after the game when he should have had the respect to not give such empty sentiments to players he just cheated out of a world cup, even worse.

Then he blamed it all on the referee, worse again

I'd have some sympathy for him if he didn't celebrate the goal and didn't have the nerve to defend himself on the issue by hiding behind the ref. If he came out and said "I saw the opportunity to get my country to the world and took it, I shouldn't have got away with it but I did. I'm sorry to the Irish people but that is the game. " I'd respect him a lot more than I do now.

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:06 PM
Here's my one

'You've played in two of my favourite teams to watch (Arsenal 04 and Barcelona 09) ever, cheers for the memories'

kellco88
19/11/2009, 1:09 PM
Fair enough if it was an accidental handball, but Henry might aswell have picked the ball up, spun it on his finger then thrown it to gallas.
http://i48.tinypic.com/24exhy8.jpg
He Clearly watched the ball all the way to his had. How is that an accident? he knew exactly wat he was doing and his pathetic attempt of an apology will not make people forget the incident

Splurge
19/11/2009, 1:11 PM
Henry could have immortalised himself by not celebrating that goal or even coming clean on the spot. His reputation will be tarnished forever now.

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 1:13 PM

ridiculous statement. But if you think we're going to stop making fifa/henry uncomfortable regarding this then you're out of your mind.

Are you capable of challenging someone without resorting to violence? ever hear of gandhi?

rambler14
19/11/2009, 1:19 PM
It's clearly intentional.

What Ireland should take from this is that France had to resort to cheating to beat us.

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:23 PM
Henry could have immortalised himself by not celebrating that goal or even coming clean on the spot. His reputation will be tarnished forever now.

In Ireland, among some of us

People seem to think the rest of the world actually care about this.

Other forums I've been on have the Brits laughing about it and wondering when we'll stop going mental over it

Maroon 7
19/11/2009, 1:29 PM

Other forums I've been on have the Brits laughing about it and wondering when we'll stop going mental over it

They still go on about Maradona and that was 23 years ago. They'd want to give us until the weekend anyway.

I actually think this will go down as a footnote on Henry's career. Outside of France anyway. There is such a big stink over it now it will always come up whenever Henry's name is mentioned. Not that he will give a toss.

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 1:32 PM

do a google search for henry - the most searched for term is t.. h.. handball

also.. if you do a news search it's all over the media.

henry is one of the biggest stars of world football.

also, the bbc and most brits are well behind us on this.

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:44 PM
The world media taking advantage of an over-reaction to an incident to push sales and hits, well I never

The Brits will have sympathy but in general the ones I've seen couldn't care less

Google search runs on what is being put in today so I would imagine Henry + Handball is more popular than Henry + Arsenal or Henry + Gilette today alright

Go back to it in January and see what it is

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 1:49 PM
The Brits will have sympathy but in general the ones I've seen couldn't care less

Well considering I live here and I've had a constant stream of texts, emails, phone calls, 20 scottish and english lads in the pub with me last night supporting ireland, I'll take my snapshot over your F365 forum reading experience. Any time.

Those amongst you who aren't prepared to see this as different from other referreeing situations please take note. something will come of this.

To be so cynical to shrug and move on is almost cowardly.

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:50 PM
I'd counter that they are your friends and so would have sympathy so I'll take my forum experience (banned from 365 wouldn't you know) over that any day as well

irishultra
19/11/2009, 1:53 PM
on an english forum im on they're basically saying ireland played excellently but it was looking like france were going to score anyway. im sure the football worlds reaction is what ours would have been like had it occured in a match between portugal and bosnia. most people wouldnt care.

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 1:54 PM
(banned from 365 wouldn't you know)

why amn't I surprised.

and what makes you think I have friends?

Boh_So_Good
19/11/2009, 1:56 PM

Honestly, we would of all loved to have enjoyed Ireland at the WC in SA next summer. But really... This is just pathetic and says a lot about why as a nation we are a joke on so many levels. We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.

Yeah I can see this multi-millionaire, otherwise incredible player with a glorious history really giving a damn what a bunch of Paddies with a modem connection care.

Get a life, please.

Brendan 82
19/11/2009, 2:01 PM
Honestly, we would of all loved to have enjoyed Ireland at the WC in SA next summer. But really... This is just pathetic and says a lot about why as a nation we are a joke on so many levels. We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.

Yeah I can see this multi-millionaire, otherwise incredible player with a glorious history really giving a damn what a bunch of Paddies with a modem connection care.

Get a life, please.

This post saddens me :(. We even hate ourselves

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 2:01 PM

Get a life, please.

another self-hating irishman who then relates it to "the oul' enemy" as if that has anything to do with it

if you're happy to slink away, by all means.

We'll never know what would have happened the other way around. we have to work with what we're given.

Of course there won't be a replay and of course henry will get over it. but you better believe he'll know how we feel about it for a few weeks. those of us attending the games (at home admittdly) and putting up with screaming french fans in the pub being smug (although looking at their faces at full time was fun) have earned it. (incidentally diarra says he "deserves" his world cup spot. barely able to acknowledge we were there at the game. At least wenger and lizaraxu had some class.

now I see why I post so rarely.

Brendan 82
19/11/2009, 2:03 PM
Me too. This forum has been depressing most of this campaign. Such self hatred is sad

Predator
19/11/2009, 2:05 PM

They obviously weren't laughing at Maradona, so they can shove their double-standards up their proverbial hole.

We are like a culture of sociopaths who use the "pity play" tactic when life deals us a harsh card, yet if this was the other way around and Robbie Keane did the same we would be gloating and looking forward to beating the "oul enemy" next summer while destorying our livers and making publicans richer.
Speak for yourself.

Get a life, please.
The internet is just another way to voice an opinion to the world. Who knows, with enough public out-cry, he'll never live it down. It doesn't matter to me whether he cares or not, it's the act itself that wasn't cool.

Maroon 7
19/11/2009, 2:07 PM
This post saddens me :(. We even hate ourselves

Self-loathing is a trait of every good Irishman.:D

Ozymandias
19/11/2009, 2:14 PM
JEBUS....just amazed reading your posts how wonderfully straightforward life is for you a football fan whose team were just knocked out of the world cup (controversially apparently..according to almost everyone else)..just one question.....How is Walter Mitty these days

Boh_So_Good
19/11/2009, 2:45 PM
Me too. This forum has been depressing most of this campaign. Such self hatred is sad

and what British replica jersey do you strut around the Four Green Fields with tears rolling down your patriotic cheeks...

No extra gargle session this summer for you. Deal with it.

Boh_So_Good
19/11/2009, 2:48 PM
he'll never live it down.

He is going to the WC this summer along with his countrymen. You are not.

They don't care. No reason why they should. You and the other arm-wringing hysterics need to examine the true purpose of your lives and what direction it is taking that this bull**** means so much to you.

cestlavie
19/11/2009, 2:50 PM
Lost respect for him when he sat down beside Dunne last night as if he gave a f**k about how the Irtish players were feeling. It was a well calculated when in diffusing a situation, sneaky fooker

Predator
19/11/2009, 2:57 PM
He is going to the WC this summer along with his countrymen. You are not.

They don't care. No reason why they should. You and the other arm-wringing hysterics need to examine the true purpose of your lives and what direction it is taking that this bull**** means so much to you.
There's a possibility that had we qualified, I might not have been going to the World Cup either. What's your point???

Like I said, I'm not worried about his conscience, but there are certainly problems within the whole system which cause controversies such as last night. I don't take kindly to your accusation of being an 'arm wringing hysteric' either, so I think you should retract that. You think I and others don't have other problems outside of soccer and the Irish national team? I know it's bull****, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's unacceptable within the game. Should we just be apathetic to such things, just because they aren't as important as paying the rent or feeding the kids? What's the problem with contesting such occurrences and voicing discontent? There is no problem with it in this case as far as I'm concerned, but my life won't shut down because of it, as you seem to believe.

IsMiseSean
19/11/2009, 3:12 PM
If the shoe was on the other foot....

I would be ashamed, I would be happy to play the game again, I dont want to see any player cheating to win.

Den Perry
19/11/2009, 3:15 PM

can you give us the address of some of these forums?

cheers

Reality Bites
19/11/2009, 3:16 PM

Get a life, please.

You may need help!

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 3:18 PM
and what British replica jersey do you strut around the Four Green Fields with tears rolling down your patriotic cheeks...

No extra gargle session this summer for you. Deal with it.

you really need to calm down. the people here are your countrymen. we're all here because we want a moan - why are you here - to show us how much more composed you are and how much more in perspective you keep things.

spare us.

Riddickcule
19/11/2009, 3:23 PM
Football, in general, is a joke.

John83
19/11/2009, 3:27 PM

On other football forums I've visited, everyone from Arabs to Australians have the same range of reactions as here, even much of the same vitriol.

Den Perry
19/11/2009, 3:27 PM
another self-hating irishman who then relates it to "the oul' enemy" as if that has anything to do with it

if you're happy to slink away, by all means.

We'll never know what would have happened the other way around. we have to work with what we're given.

Of course there won't be a replay and of course henry will get over it. but you better believe he'll know how we feel about it for a few weeks. those of us attending the games (at home admittdly) and putting up with screaming french fans in the pub being smug (although looking at their faces at full time was fun) have earned it. (incidentally diarra says he "deserves" his world cup spot. barely able to acknowledge we were there at the game. At least wenger and lizaraxu had some cl

now I see why I post so rarely.

any links to what Wenger and Lizaraxu said?
cheers

Get a life, please.

I bet if Gary Twigg did to Bohs what Henry did last night,you'd be just as passionate as those complaining here.Just because you are a LOI fan, (which I am and have been for many years) should not make you less of an Ireland fan..and despite what you say, that's the impression given here.You may not have stated it explicitly,but I think its the pretty obvios interpretation.In addition, your continued sniping is that of somebody with a serious inferiority complex

KOH

Boh_So_Good
19/11/2009, 3:43 PM
I bet if Gary Twigg did to Bohs what Henry did last night,you'd be just as passionate as those complaining here.

Honestly I wouldn't. I am being serious. I like football, I like Bohs. But I understand that none of this underpins my emotional, psychological and personal relationship to the world around me as a whole.

At the end of the none of this really matters. Just a bit of entertainment and to take it too seriously is very unhealthy.

I know because I used to be just like what you described above and when you step away from it and look back at yourself you realise that a lot the emotions you thought were your own, were actually implented into from outside of yourself.

This is why you are so upset. It mass hysteria regardless of it you want to accept it or not.

Magicme
19/11/2009, 3:45 PM
Dear Thierry, I hate what you did but I still love you. Will you marry me?

That would be the best punishment for him to have to put up with me for the rest of his days.

dynamo kerry
19/11/2009, 3:53 PM
any links to what Wenger and Lizaraxu said?
cheers

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gr8ugy_H76Btap6B592f7j9QvOvA

I can't find the wenger one now but he has been pretty decent about it

noen of these guys are suggesting replays mind you. of course.

Den Perry
19/11/2009, 4:09 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gr8ugy_H76Btap6B592f7j9QvOvA

I can't find the wenger one now but he has been pretty decent about it

noen of these guys are suggesting replays mind you. of course.

thanks mate

jebus
19/11/2009, 5:31 PM
JEBUS....just amazed reading your posts how wonderfully straightforward life is for you a football fan whose team were just knocked out of the world cup (controversially apparently..according to almost everyone else)..just one question.....How is Walter Mitty these days

yes because I'm the one being delusional about this process

I've made my points about how hypocritical I feel Irish fans are being about this in another thread, I assume you've read those, so please take me up on where I have gone wrong and I'll happily debate you on it

peterc1992
19/11/2009, 5:36 PM

The ref should have dissalowed it ,but it doesnt give henry an excuse....so you saying its not thierry henrys fault AT ALL for delibertaly attempting to handled the ball to help his team score ....Very desperate by henry,Very desperate by france also,they are meant to be a big dog country and they have to come down to this to win against a mediocre side like us.

Vermicious Knid
19/11/2009, 5:39 PM
The ref should have dissalowed it ,but it doesnt give henry an excuse....so you saying its not thierry henrys fault AT ALL for delibertaly attempting to handled the ball to help his team score ....Very desperate by henry,Very desperate by france also,they are meant to be a big dog country and they have to come down to this to win against a mediocre side like us.

To be fair he should have let the ball go. He knew he was offside, he should have did the decent thing and let it roll for a goal kick on acocunt of him being offside, then he would not have to make the decision about handling the ball.

In fact, the game should be self regulated by the players employing the honour system.