PDA

View Full Version : That young Adrian Eames fella....

avvenalaf
19/11/2009, 12:04 PM
......trying to say in De Champyan that Na Na, Na Na Na etc., should become our anthem as we have sung it since 1983. Tch. I first heard this rendered in the shed at Richmond Park in 1970 when we beat Pat's 3 nil on our way to the cup final when we played Bohs three times (Tommie Gorman, please note, three times).
If you know your history....................

red bellied
19/11/2009, 12:17 PM
There is a clip on you tube of the Rovers-Bohs final of 1970 and if you listen carefully you can just about hear the Na Na Na chant in the background. Steam released this in 1970 or the year before. It would of been a popular chant at the time on the terraces but it has stuck with Rovers ever since.

Redie
19/11/2009, 12:28 PM
Just this morning was having a coffee with a few non Rovers people in a local cafe. Ocean FM was on and they played 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. I was asked, somewhat snidely, was that Sligo Rovers theme song as well. I told them no that it was the Na Na Na chant and had to deliver a rendition of it to help them try to understand what I was on about - I didn't succeed.

srfc1928
19/11/2009, 1:23 PM
From FR to fans in their 80s, everyone knows it and it will be some feeling singing that when we win
I could watch this clip on Youtube (courtesy of redbellied.tv:p) all day.
Really would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seeSSBixU6c

CF1989
19/11/2009, 1:28 PM
best song ever!

red arrow
19/11/2009, 5:15 PM
there is a slight change to our famous anthem for the match this weekend to suit the times that we are experiencing at the moment and it is as follows ...
NAMA NAMA NAMA NAMA HEY ..EY ..EY BRIAN LENIHAN / COWEN tch tch

redarmyfaction
19/11/2009, 9:29 PM
1981 We are singing here too if you listen closely at the beginning of the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD33NHEUCeo&feature=related
NA NA NA NA.

Sean South
19/11/2009, 10:58 PM
When did Rovers supporters start singing "we were born in the Showgrounds" thats a fairly old one too

showgies
19/11/2009, 11:47 PM
Another one that has been around for ages is "Get into them"........

Redie
20/11/2009, 8:30 AM
When did Rovers supporters start singing "we were born in the Showgrounds" thats a fairly old one too

Fairly certain they were signing it when I started going to The Showgrounds in mid seventies.

Knappagh Red
20/11/2009, 12:26 PM

I cringe when I hear that sung by tracksuit wearing weaklings, its' the past, the bootboys song, walk the walk and all that.

redarmyfaction
21/11/2009, 8:52 PM
There is a clip on you tube of the Rovers-Bohs final of 1970 and if you listen carefully you can just about hear the Na Na Na chant in the background. Steam released this in 1970 or the year before. It would of been a popular chant at the time on the terraces but it has stuck with Rovers ever since.

Do you have a link please.