PDA

View Full Version : France V Ireland - Wednesday, 18th November 2009 - World Cup 2010 Playoff Second Leg

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ofjames
18/11/2009, 9:33 PM
thread title says it all

broke the rules cos they couldnt beat us on the pitch. henry is a thief

Noelys Guitar
18/11/2009, 9:37 PM
Blatant cheating. And Anelka should have been booked for the dive. Plus the inital offside. Sick.

galwayjames
18/11/2009, 9:39 PM
One time I think swearing is valid on this site.

rambler14
Robbery...........Belgium 1997 all over again.:mad:

What a performence though! Duff, Kilbane, Andrews, Dunne, Lawrence, Keane.......outstanding. Everybody Outstanding!!! 102 caps Kilbane's best game ever.

Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini got their wish!

Although we should have had it wrapped up after 90 minutes!

I thought with the exception of the French goal the referee was fantastic even if he did look like Dave McKeown:D

old git
thread title says it all

broke the rules cos they couldnt beat us on the pitch. henry is a thief

yip cheated out of it ...:mad: a magnificent performance by a super team to go to paris and totally outplay france with soccer & pure passion .. but also it kills me to say we still had 3 great chances to finish game off doyle header / duff & keane .. but at the end of the day a performance to make anybody proud to be irish tonight... hope the french get stuffed in world cup now :ball:

The Legend
18/11/2009, 9:40 PM
Well i thought i'd never say this, but if England play France at the world cup, it will be the first time i ever hoped England won.

in general, i hope they humiliate themselves, which shouldnt be too hard with that clown in charge.

ofjames
screw giles and souness. of course he bloody meant it. they get irrate over absolutely minute details regarding other games then fail to get worked up over this

dunphy hit the nail on the head, henry should be ashamed of himself

WexCar
Henry wasnt even celebrating at the end of the match, looked like he was apologising to Dunne when he sat down beside him at the end

carloz
18/11/2009, 9:41 PM
FIFA have got the result they wanted, they are happy now. i hope the ref and his assistants enjoy his ten pieces of silver for tonight. Cheating, there is no other word for it. I have never in my life been this angry. How can you have officials in charge of a game like this, which is the most important game for many of those players lives, and miss an offside and two blatant blatant handballs. Karma is a bitch and i hope you get it in bucket loads Mr Henry. Scem, nothing short of it

Angus
18/11/2009, 9:42 PM
Calm down everybody - clearly handball but it happens all of the time and it is gutting that it happened at such a key time in the game

But it happens all of the time - and if it was at the other end we would whooping and talking about professionalism etc

rambler14
18/11/2009, 9:43 PM
Ireland created nothing in extra-time. We should be watching a penalty shoot-out right now!
I fancied yer man Lloris to do the business in the shoot-out. Fair play to him a fantastic keeper.

galwayjames
18/11/2009, 9:43 PM
Henry wasnt even celebrating at the end of the match, looked like he was apologising to Dunne when he sat down beside him at the end

And so he should :mad:

carloz
18/11/2009, 9:44 PM
Calm down everybody - clearly handball but it happens all of the time and it is gutting that it happened at such a key time in the game

But it happens all of the time - and if it was at the other end we would whooping and talking about professionalism etc

As i said, this was the biggest game of many of those players lives. How can you have officials that miss 2 handballs and an offside. I think we have every right to feel robbed.

LeBleu
18/11/2009, 9:45 PM
tonight my favorite team is qualified. But I'm not happy.
I'm feel sick, I'm disgusted by football.
Henry must be ban.
Ireland deserve 10 times more to go in sud africa than France.
So sorry for you.

seanfhear
If Robbie Keane or Kevin Doyle did the same and Ireland went through would ye be complaining.

Mind you after that Henry would make a good corner forward on a Gaelic football team. If he had done much more he would have solo-ed and hopped it. It looked at least a double hand ball.

There could have been an off-side in the build up as well

endabob1
cheated, one word says it all

Angus
18/11/2009, 9:47 PM
As i said, this was the biggest game of many of those players lives. How can you have officials that miss 2 handballs and an offside. I think we have every right to feel robbed.

Yes agree - we were the better side and the officials missed it and we have every right to feel robbed - but let's drop the cheating so and so and that he is only a scumbag etc etc etc etc

cudsy1
18/11/2009, 9:48 PM
never in a million years could you have scripted this. if anyone knows a bigger disaster in irish football history id like to hear it. i think i wanna cry

conlonn
We had three good chances especially Duff's. But to loose that way is hard to take. Andrews was excellent tonight. My MOM..
Hopefully in the next campaign they can play better and beat the lower teams home and away.
There should be video replay for goals / incidents in these really big games. For this games there was millions and millions of euros at stake...

carloz
Ireland created nothing in extra-time. We should be watching a penalty shoot-out right now!
I fancied yer man Lloris to do the business in the shoot-out. Fair play to him a fantastic keeper.

He is a brilliant keeper alright. I would have much preferred to get whipped in penalties than have that happen

endabob1
18/11/2009, 9:49 PM
Yes agree - we were the better side and the officials missed it and we have every right to feel robbed - but let's drop the cheating so and so and that he is only a scumbag etc etc etc etc

Why? We were cheated, and he is a scumbag, where's the confusion?

Fixer82
Well i thought i'd never say this, but if England play France at the world cup, it will be the first time i ever hoped England won..

now let's not be rash!

sick as a dog. We didnt deserve tht at all. well done lads, you did us proud. Kilbane was excellent, Dunne and Sledge were mountains, O'Shea was excellent, Duffer ran his socks off and his tears nearly got me going down the same road at the end. Robbie was fantastic and proved to any naysayers he's world class. Shame our subs were Gibson and McShane. no offence to the lads but what I wouldve given to see Stephen Reid and Finnan coming on instead....

Bring in a video ref now!!!

ofjames

thats a load of crap, how does it happen all the time?

the ball was going out of play, the only possible way henry could keep it in was by hooking it with his hand. it was a blatant act of cheating

granted wrong decisions over offsides and dives happen all the time, but this is something altogether different. this is akin to maradona against england in 1986.

old git
18/11/2009, 9:50 PM
If Robbie Keane or Kevin Doyle did the same and Ireland went through would ye be complaining.

Mind you after that Henry would make a good corner forward on a Gaelic football team. If he had done much more he would have solo-ed and hopped it. It looked at least a double hand ball.

off course we would not complain if an irish player did the same but i can say 100% ref & linesmen would not have missed 2 players offside and a blatent handball if it was an irish player :mad: so much for our so called " luck of the irish " also mc shane should have attacked ball and cleared it :ball:

Leeside Swagger
We were incredibly unlucky not to get either the offside or the handball

awec
Unlucky lads. Thought your team played very well tonight, should have scored at least 3 inside 90 minutes. You really can't afford to miss chances like the Duff and Keane ones at that level.

Disgusting goal for their goal. Blatant cheating.

You probably deserved it more and were cheated out of it.

DonnyG
18/11/2009, 9:51 PM
Gutted. I am in bits after being cheated from getting to the WC.

However I am proud of my team who were definitely the better side on the night.

Now I have to face a day's work after getting up at 4am for the game - it's gonna be a long day:(

ball-hop
Theft! Cheated. A double hand ball, plus the offside at the time of the free kick. All that was missing was the ref or lino scoring the goal.

Heart breaking.

Small bit of credit - their 'keeper made two saves in Dublin to keep them in the game, and two more tonight. Duff was on target, Lloris pushed Keane very wide....

carloz

The fact that he apologised to the irish players afterwards says it all about him. He knew he had cheated us, and that in my mind makes him scum. I won't apologise for saying that.

Park_Lane
18/11/2009, 9:52 PM
handballs happen all the time in the game, but deliberate handballs are a different matter thats cheating. Henry is a cheat pure and simple, no better than maradonna '86.

ofjames
18/11/2009, 9:53 PM
handballs happen all the time in the game, but deliberate handballs are a different matter thats cheating. Henry is a cheat pure and simple, no better than maradonna '86.

here here, anyone who cant distinguish the above is retarded

sligofan4ever
18/11/2009, 9:54 PM
Cheating, snail eating backstards :mad: Not only did Henry handball it twice, there was also two players offside! Referee was in great position to see it, not brave enough to call another disallowed goal ?

This shouldn't take away from an outstanding performance. My MOTM was Sean St.Ledger, he has barely got a word of praise yet and whenever called upon has done brilliantly! Duff,Keane,Lawrence,Andrews,Whelan,Kilbane,Dunne and pretty much all the Irish players done themselves proud tonight!

old git
18/11/2009, 9:55 PM

hold on now maradona in 86 against england is acceptable :D:D

no17 fan
anyone that says we would be saying professionalism if keane had done that is clueless about football, simply put Henry is a cheat and that ref should never see an international match again. i hope he throws his hands up and takes responsibility.

rambler14
Robbie Keane was caught FIVE TIMES handling the ball. Henry does it once and the fcuker misses it!

papa-j
Henry is our Maradonna moment, hopefully his career will take a similar path.
Every Irish man inside that stadium should be proud of themselves. A country a fraction the size of France has outplayed, outfought and outsang them. Proud as fcuk but gutted and sick of moral victories. We were so close to reliving those wonderful past glories at the WC. Words cant desciribe this.....

ChrisRed
Shay, Kevin, Richard, Sean, John, Liam, Glenn, Keith, Damien, Robbie, Kevin, Eddie, Paul, Darren, Stephen, Andy, Aiden, Martin, Caleb, Leon and Shane thanks a lot.
You did all you could. Thanks

Noelys Guitar
18/11/2009, 9:58 PM
The game should be replayed. I mean it. It they really want to stamp out cheating then start replaying games if players blatantly cheat. (Especially if that prat Platini won't allow technology to be used).

Park_Lane
18/11/2009, 9:58 PM
Performance by us was outstanding. I'm so proud to be Irish. Keane, Andrews, Lawrence, Duffer absolutley brilliant cant ask for anymore. Despite all the dour performances in this campaign we are going to be a serious team in the Euro qualifiiers and I for one cannot wait to get into lansdowne road to roar the boys on again.

MysticMon
18/11/2009, 9:59 PM
CHEATING THIEF HENRY...................OUTRAGEOUS...
IRELAND BY FAR THE BEST TEAM TONIGHT!!! WELL DONE LADS..STILL PROUD TO BE IRISH, EVEN THOUGH THE FRENCH STOLE THE GAME!!!

TOTALLY ROBBED!!!!!! :mad:

fionnsci
18/11/2009, 9:59 PM
Proud in defeat.....

Cursed by the hand of fraud.

carloz
18/11/2009, 10:00 PM
The bull**** that RTE are talking now is making me more angry. More Andy Reid ****.

tricky_colour
Just wondering how that will be judged for ranking points, will it go down as a win for us?

galwayjames
The game should be replayed. I mean it. It they really want to stamp out cheating then start replaying games if players blatantly cheat. (Especially if that prat Platini won't allow technology to be used).

If Eduardo was given a three match ban for cheating then Henry should too, they were the same offence (cheating and trying to gain an advantage) and then he should miss the group stages of the World Cup.

awec
That French team will do feck all at the world cup. Woeful.

DotTV
18/11/2009, 10:01 PM

I'd never be proud that we hate to cheat to get to the world cup. A deflection and a cheat goal is all the French had.

shame
18/11/2009, 10:01 PM
Hey..I'm french (please, don't bash...) and i have registered here to tell you that I'm ashamed ! :mad: :mad:

On french football forums tonight, there are a lot of posts saying that we do not deserve this qualification and that it's a disgrace to win in this way. Your team was a lot better tonight and, for sure, you've been robbed.

the 12 th man
18/11/2009, 10:02 PM
Henry auditioning for a position with the Harlem Globetrotters.Terrible message to young kids watching that one of the top world footballers cheated tonight and got away with it.2 French players offside in the move as well:mad::mad:

ofjames
Just wondering how that will be judged for ranking points, will it go down as a win for us?

yes its a win for us. first away win against a quality team for 22 years.

at last that monkey is off our back, scant consolation after that scandalous cheating

Park_Lane

well the match was a draw so....(I know we won over 90 mins but dont think that counts)