PDA

View Full Version : Steven Reid to join QPR

Topman
18/11/2009, 2:56 PM
Reid closes in on QPR loan move

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46752000/jpg/_46752267_82249833.jpg Reid has not started a Premier League match this season

Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid is set to join Queens Park Rangers on loan, BBC Radio Lancashire understands. Reid, 28, moved to Ewood Park from Millwall in July 2003 and has made over 100 appearances for Rovers.
But a knee injury has restricted him to just seven domestic games since the beginning of last season.
The Republic of Ireland international will provide cover for the Rangers midfield after long-term injuries to both Gavin Mahon and Martin Rowlands.
He is expected to go straight into the squad for Saturday's Championship clash with Doncaster.

ChrisRed
18/11/2009, 3:05 PM
Just seen that on BBC website, could be good move to get him back to fitness, QPR are missing 3 centre mids so he will defo make the first team straight team.

Any idea how long the deal is?

HammerNThongs
18/11/2009, 3:08 PM
Reid closes in on QPR loan move

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46752000/jpg/_46752267_82249833.jpg Reid has not started a Premier League match this season

Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid is set to join Queens Park Rangers on loan, BBC Radio Lancashire understands. Reid, 28, moved to Ewood Park from Millwall in July 2003 and has made over 100 appearances for Rovers.
But a knee injury has restricted him to just seven domestic games since the beginning of last season.
The Republic of Ireland international will provide cover for the Rangers midfield after long-term injuries to both Gavin Mahon and Martin Rowlands.
He is expected to go straight into the squad for Saturday's Championship clash with Doncaster.

I think I nearly exploded with all the irony involved in that post.

Sad that this is what has happened to him...he should have been our Gerrard!

ronburgundy
18/11/2009, 3:13 PM
I think I nearly exploded with all the irony involved in that post.

Sad that this is what has happened to him...he should have been our Gerrard!

it is sad to see, he is def a premiership player and definately good enough to break into that blackburn team, sam allardyce is a hugely overrated manager and i think this shows his bad judgement

Duggie
18/11/2009, 3:15 PM
this is terrible for us and steven if true. i was sure he would get straight back into the blackburn team when fully fit again. QPR FFS:mad:

ChrisRed
18/11/2009, 3:22 PM
it is sad to see, he is def a premiership player and definately good enough to break into that blackburn team, sam allardyce is a hugely overrated manager

To be fair he is coming back from a long term injury(s) he needs 6/7 games at a competitive level to get him back to full fitness. I'd rather see him playing at Championship level for a few games then Premiership reserves.
QPR next few games feature Middlebourgh, Sheff United and WBA so not that bad standard.
It should hopefully do his confidence some good aswell.

Don't like Allardyce but he has stated previously that he sees Reid as a part of Blackburns future so I can only imagine this is a short term loan.

Yard of Pace
18/11/2009, 3:24 PM
this is terrible for us and steven if true. i was sure he would get straight back into the blackburn team when fully fit again. QPR FFS:mad:

Why so?? It's a loan move. He'll play and get himself match-fit and return to Blackburn to get back in the 1st team. Good for Steven and good for us, no?

Fixer82
18/11/2009, 3:31 PM
good move i think if it's just a loan move. Get him back playing again on a regular basis! Could be perfect for him. anyone know how long it's for though?

Duggie
18/11/2009, 3:32 PM
cant see why sam would let him out on loan. if hes almost fully fit, if needed get some reserves games and ease him back to prem league games with 20 mins here and there. i dont think this is good news for his blackburn future.

ChrisRed
18/11/2009, 3:32 PM
good move i think if it's just a loan move. Get him back playing again on a regular basis! Could be perfect for him. anyone know how long it's for though?

1 month

joema
18/11/2009, 3:33 PM
He will be unreal in that division. What a player.

He'll be back...just needs a bit of luck!

Carrigaline
18/11/2009, 3:57 PM
this is terrible for us and steven if true. i was sure he would get straight back into the blackburn team when fully fit again. QPR FFS:mad:I have to say, I agree.

Reid under Hughes was quality, so it's worrying that Allardyce is sending him down a division. He's been fit for a few weeks now by the way.

CMcC
18/11/2009, 3:59 PM
cant see why sam would let him out on loan. if hes almost fully fit, if needed get some reserves games and ease him back to prem league games with 20 mins here and there. i dont think this is good news for his blackburn future.

I agree. A bit worrying I think. Wonder if its one injury too far. Maybe there was something in what Trap said about him recently.

pineapple stu
18/11/2009, 4:02 PM
it's worrying that Allardyce is sending him down a division.
Are you allowed go on loan to a club in the same division?

ChrisRed
18/11/2009, 4:06 PM
He might be fit but he has only played 4 Premiership games in 18 months, surely you cant expect him to walk straight back into the team??
A month at QPR and 5/6 first team competitive games will give him the confidence to hopefully get back to the way he was 07/08.

ChrisRed
18/11/2009, 4:07 PM
Are you allowed go on loan to a club in the same division?

Pretty sure you cant outside of the transfer window.

youngirish
18/11/2009, 4:11 PM
Reid was always overrated by many on this site for the simple reason that he's better than all the other options we have in central midfield bar Ireland. Considering the lack of quality we suffer from in that position that's not a glowing endorsement.

He had one very good season in the Premiership about 5 years ago. He was hit and miss before and he's been a combination of injured or hit and miss in the seasons since. All the hyperbole about him on here was ridiculous. I still see him doing a job at a lower Premiership club if Blackburn decide to move him on but not much else.

centre mid
18/11/2009, 4:21 PM
If Allerdyce is not prepared to keep Steven Reid at club and get him fit by playing him for Blackburn then for me, its hard to see a future for him at the club. I know he is coming back from a long injury but I dont recall Chelsea sending Joe Cole to Milwall on loan to get his fitness back. This is not a good sign for Steven Reid IMO. Allerdyce has a severly inflated opinion of himself and the rubbish he spoke about the Trap/Reid situation is a measure of the man, a tool.

rambler14
18/11/2009, 4:29 PM
If Allerdyce is not prepared to keep Steven Reid at club and get him fit by playing him for Blackburn then for me, its hard to see a future for him at the club. I know he is coming back from a long injury but I dont recall Chelsea sending Joe Cole to Milwall on loan to get his fitness back. This is not a good sign for Steven Reid IMO. Allerdyce has a severly inflated opinion of himself and the rubbish he spoke about the Trap/Reid situation is a measure of the man, a tool.

and by reducing him to Reserve team football, a few League Cup appearences and a handful of subs appearences his place in the England squad for the World Cup is now under threat!
Loan moves are good for football.

He needs football so hopefully a short-term loan deal like this where he his guaranteed 1st team football is the right answer for Steven.

Deckydee
18/11/2009, 4:53 PM

Excuse me?????????????!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Splurge
18/11/2009, 5:16 PM
i think it's a great move for him, he'll get regular high tempo football and Trap has shown he isnt afraid to use lower league players

weldoninhio
18/11/2009, 5:37 PM
I think a 1 month loan move is perfect for him to get back firing on all cylinders.

Deckydee
19/11/2009, 8:33 PM
Confirmed - Hes one of us now

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~1878936,00.html

elroy
19/11/2009, 10:14 PM
Hopefully SR can get a few months of regular football injury free, build up his fitness and considering we now dont have competitive football for 10 months, time is on his side as far as we are concerned.

tetsujin1979
19/11/2009, 10:50 PM
Good news, hope it works out for him

Closed Account 2
19/11/2009, 11:33 PM
Good move in the short term, was actually thinking ideally Marty Rowlands would have come on ahead of Gibson had he not been injured in the Montenegro match. We could do with Gibson going on loan for the rest of the season just to get regular games under his belt just to have a bit of sharpness.

tetsujin1979
21/11/2009, 4:01 PM
Played at right full today, according to Sky Sports