PDA

View Full Version : New Manager - Rumour

KK77
17/11/2009, 3:13 PM
Heard a rumour that the club are going to bring in a new manager for next season. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Heard he is a novice with no LOI experience and 3 years LSL experience. Played for both us and Dundalk.

centre mid
17/11/2009, 3:14 PM
We would be better off holding onto Eddie imo.

Roo69
17/11/2009, 3:17 PM
Heard a rumour that the club are going to bring in a new manager for next season. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Heard he is a novice with no LOI experience and 3 years LSL experience. Played for both us and Dundalk.

Haven't heard anything myself. I'm trying to even think who that could be ? Matt Britton ?

Big mistake by the club to let Eddie go, he is a manager who plays good football and has a great background team in place. i'd like to see him have a craci at getting us back into the Premier.

KK77
17/11/2009, 3:23 PM
Just to clarify i want Eddie to stay myself and this is only a rumour i heard from a fella who lives in Bray and said it's being going around the town recently. How true i ain't got a clue. Can only assume it would be to do with the budget the club will be operating under next season. Possibly Eddie could be on a decent wedge that the club may no longer be able to afford to keep paying.

KK77
17/11/2009, 4:31 PM
[QUOTE=KR's Post;1275202Can i just say Rafa B i don't want you getting anything.

You don't want me to get one yet your more or less asking for me to get one:confused:

Surely topics like this can be discussed... is it not part and parcel of what football fans talk about at times?? So if i hear we are signing a new player i can not post it up??

Martinho II
17/11/2009, 6:59 PM
is it keith long by any chance thats linked? didnt he play for both Dundalk and Bray and is currently managing in the leinster senior league?:confused:

tippex
17/11/2009, 7:15 PM
I've said it in a previous post that I think it will be a huge mistake by the club to let Eddie go.

Now reading between the lines would Long not just be in the mould of Devo?

jan molby
17/11/2009, 8:29 PM

fans forum this friday in the little flower hall 7.15 to discuss the way forward for bw,spreading stupid rumours is not the way forward,

KK77
17/11/2009, 9:43 PM
fans forum this friday in the little flower hall 7.15 to discuss the way forward for bw,spreading stupid rumours is not the way forward,

So you have never in life discussed such things in a pub, at a match, with fellow supporters watching a match, at school, in college, at work??

KK77
18/11/2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry for posting this. Just thought it be might of interest didn't mean it to cause any trouble. If mods want to delete it or close it feel free. Sorry again.

lowflyingseagul
18/11/2009, 10:29 AM
nothing to apologise for

Hulsey
18/11/2009, 12:48 PM

Is that not a meeting to discuss the way forward for the supporters club? That was my understanding anyway

tippex
18/11/2009, 4:37 PM
First I had heard of this meeting (mind you I'm not a member of the supporters club)

superfrank
18/11/2009, 4:51 PM
All off-topic posts have been binned. If anyone has any complaints PM me or use the report post function. Any more in-thread complaints will be binned.

On the issue, I think we should stick with Eddie a bit longer. He's definitely improved the side since he took over in 2006. That year was by far the worst I can remember from a Bray side and we only avoided the play-off because Dublin City folded. We finished with 17 points and I can remember at least four (the draw in Drogheda and the win over Cork) coming after Eddie took over, if not more.

In the two other years, we eventually finished mid-table (2007 - 9th, 33 pts, 2008 - 6th, 39 pts.). It's only this year that we struggled all year long, even then we got 28 points. The main problem this year, imo, was the loss of squad players, not just first-teamers like Cawley.

I think he should be given a few months of the next season, at least, before any decision on his future is made.

Hulsey
18/11/2009, 5:10 PM
All off-topic posts have been binned. If anyone has any complaints PM me or use the report post function. Any more in-thread complaints will be binned.

On the issue, I think we should stick with Eddie a bit longer. He's definitely improved the side since he took over in 2006. That year was by far the worst I can remember from a Bray side and we only avoided the play-off because Dublin City folded. We finished with 17 points and I can remember at least four (the draw in Drogheda and the win over Cork) coming after Eddie took over, if not more.

In the two other years, we eventually finished mid-table (2007 - 9th, 33 pts, 2008 - 6th, 39 pts.). It's only this year that we struggled all year long, even then we got 28 points. The main problem this year, imo, was the loss of squad players, not just first-teamers like Cawley.

I think he should be given a few months of the next season, at least, before any decision on his future is made.

Bang on about Eddie their superfrank. The club seemed to be going stagnant before he took over, and budgetary constraints as much as anything else led to our predicament this year. Only way I can see Eddie leaving is if he recieves an offer from another club (if pats come in it would be difficult for him to turn them down), or we can't afford to offer him the same terms as this season.

Riddickcule
19/11/2009, 4:48 PM
Hav'nt we been having many, many meetings with nothing coming to fruition?

Hardly gonna change at this one.

Roo69
20/11/2009, 11:18 AM
Don't go then. If you feel the supporters club offer nothing then just dont go, dont become a member. I was a member many years ago for a couple of seasons but just didn't think they were doing enough to help the club from a fundraising point of view so didn't rejoin them.

If i can get the time i will be going and hopefully chat to everyone about a new Trust that will be launched in the new year. If i can't make tonight then i'll try arrange it sometime again with the S.C

Weatherman
20/11/2009, 3:44 PM
Anyway on the rumour front i heard alan young was close to coming back in some coaching capacity! Has manager i heard but wouldnt think so!

Riddickcule
20/11/2009, 5:19 PM
Don't go then. If you feel the supporters club offer nothing then just dont go, dont become a member. I was a member many years ago for a couple of seasons but just didn't think they were doing enough to help the club from a fundraising point of view so didn't rejoin them.

If i can get the time i will be going and hopefully chat to everyone about a new Trust that will be launched in the new year. If i can't make tonight then i'll try arrange it sometime again with the S.C
I wasn't planning on going, and i'm not a member of the SC

Just saying..

Roo69
20/11/2009, 5:39 PM
I wasn't planning on going, and i'm not a member of the SC

Just saying..

You're better off :p :D Their politics and in-house arguing would drive anyne to drink :D