PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Rumours Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 7:56 PM
Lads I cant find the rumours thread...its probably looking at me right in the face but hey move this to it if it is.

Anyways word has it that David Cassidy has re-signed for Dundalk. Big coup if he can stay injury free this season, was instrumental for us 2 years ago.

Rumours so far:
Bohs:
Chris O'Connor from Bray
Barry Murphy from Rovers
Raf Cretaro from Sligo
Cork:
Drogheda:
Dundalk:
Stephen Kenny from Derry
David Cassidy from Shels
Galway:
Shamrock Rovers:
Raf Cretaro from Sligo
Gavin Peers from Sligo
Alex Williams from Dundalk
Michael McGowan from Dundalk
Sligo:
Joey Ndo from Bohs
Sporting:
Every available player
St Pats:

Dundalkjames
16/11/2009, 8:18 PM
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1272734#post1272734

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 8:24 PM
Thanks dude, but no thanks! thats the Sligo fans transfer thread for Sligo Rovers players!

galwayjames
16/11/2009, 8:29 PM
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1272789#post1272789

Here you go mate

GalwayRed
16/11/2009, 8:33 PM
Lads I cant find the rumours thread...its probably looking at me right in the face but hey move this to it if it is.

Anyways word has it that David Cassidy has re-signed for Dundalk. Big coup if he can stay injury free this season, was instrumental for us 2 years ago.
If you have a manager who is willing to play the ball on the ground next year he would be a great re-signing for you. Where did you hear this though?
Not a rumour but Keely is staying for another year (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1365). Not too happy about this to be honest.

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 8:34 PM
If you have a manager who is willing to play the ball on the ground next year he would be a great re-signing for you. Where did you hear this though?
Not a rumour but Keely is staying for another year (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1365). Not too happy about this to be honest.

Somebody posted it on our forum saying it was posted on your forum! Alot of forums invovled!

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 8:35 PM
http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1272789#post1272789

Here you go mate

CHeers dude, can somebody move this over!

Ciaran W
16/11/2009, 8:43 PM
Did chris turner sign for sligo on a free ?

sligofan4ever
16/11/2009, 8:47 PM

He was still under contract at Dundalk AFAIK.

Ciaran W
16/11/2009, 8:49 PM
Alright.anyone hear of any rovers transfer rumours ?

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 8:58 PM

Repeated rumours that Alex Williams has signed for ye, there where rumours that O'Neill tried to sign him in July when he was training with us so!

Dundalkjames
16/11/2009, 8:59 PM
my bad dillonman

just trying to help a friend in need

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 8:59 PM

Nope, he was out of contract with us, he only signed a one year deal at the start of the season and was currently mulling over a new contract but opted with Sligo!

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 9:02 PM
my bad dillonman

just trying to help a friend in need

Thanks anyways man!

GalwayRed
16/11/2009, 9:03 PM
Somebody posted it on our forum saying it was posted on your forum! Alot of forums invovled!
Saw that one on our forum alright. Didn't know if you had seen it somewhere else was all.

Rumours about Dave McAllister joining rovers. Just rumours though. I cant see him staying with us anyway and I wouldn't hold it against him either.

peadar1987
16/11/2009, 9:27 PM
I heard a rumour Skippy was going to Bohs if Bray went down. I think if we're going to be playing division 1 football next season we could have to get used to the idea of losing him.

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 9:28 PM
I heard a rumour Skippy was going to Bohs if Bray went down. I think if we're going to be playing division 1 football next season we could have to get used to the idea of losing him.
if fenlon watched the match tonight he may change his mind

Dillonman
16/11/2009, 9:28 PM

Tell me this, why do ye play with those two goons up front who cant put two passes together and why not play young Kelly?

gufc2000
16/11/2009, 9:45 PM
After that dinger of a header he may sign him as a striker ;)

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 9:47 PM
knew someone would say it eventually *applause*:rolleyes:

Hairy Bowsie
16/11/2009, 9:48 PM
Rovers have no interest in McAllister. He will be leaving Shels i'd say but it won't be Rovers

peadar1987
16/11/2009, 10:03 PM
Skippy is prone to the odd implosion, but I still think he's the best shot-stopper in the league. He's just dodgy at one-on-ones, and occasionally flaps at crosses. That would change with some good coaching, and a less self-destructive defence in front of him.

Tell me this, why do ye play with those two goons up front who cant put two passes together and why not play young Kelly?

You'd have to ask Eddie Gormley that. I'd have preferred to see Byrne and Mulroy together up front a lot more. Kelly is really promising, but he's looked lightweight on a lot of occasions this season, and has seemed very easy to muscle off the ball. Shane O'Neill is another one to look out for, I've been really impressed with him the few times I've seen him play.

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 10:08 PM
Skippy is prone to the odd implosion, but I still think he's the best shot-stopper in the league. He's just dodgy at one-on-ones, and occasionally flaps at crosses. That would change with some good coaching, and a less self-destructive defence in front of him.

i conceed hes a young keeper anyway with plenty of experience i'm sure turning pro would do wonders for him

galwayjames
16/11/2009, 10:13 PM
We might as well make this the transfer rumours thread now.

blue til i die
16/11/2009, 11:15 PM
League of Ireland defenders Kevin Long and Enda Stevens have caught the eye of Burnley manager Owen Coyle.

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 11:22 PM
League of Ireland defenders Kevin Long and Enda Stevens have caught the eye of Burnley manager Owen Coyle.
good for them any links? good night internet people :)

blue til i die
16/11/2009, 11:26 PM
good for them any links? good night internet people :)

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/corkcity/news.asp?n=37568

pineapple stu
17/11/2009, 9:44 AM
It's why they signed Matt Gregg off us.

Dunny
17/11/2009, 10:24 AM
Dundalk:
David Cassidy from Shels

What? Wasn't that a full time setup didn't suit him his reason for leaving us..?

Dillonman
17/11/2009, 11:13 AM
What? Wasn't that a full time setup didn't suit him his reason for leaving us..?

Yes and wasnt it mentoned a week ago that we will still be fullt ime but with a mixture of full time and part time palyers to compliment the budget for next season! Sure Simon Kelly and Beno werent full time last season!

brendy_éire
17/11/2009, 1:00 PM
Mark McCrystal signed for Distillery until January. He hopes to get a move cross the water after that. - Glenavon fan.

Portadown, Newry, Bohs, Shams, Glenavon, Cliftonville, Sligo and Dundalk are all "in contact" with (ex-)players of ours. - Stephen Kenny in today's Derry Journal.

shep
17/11/2009, 1:59 PM
Posted this on Sligo forum about a week ago,but whispers getting louder that SEAN CONNOR will be returning to Sligo:eek:

Rovers1
17/11/2009, 2:03 PM
Posted this on Sligo forum about a week ago,but whispers getting louder that SEAN CONNOR will be returning to Sligo:eek:

He's going back to Sligo to collect his scrapbook. He has Mick McCarthy, Jeff Kenna and Steve Bruce's autograph in it. He's arriving at 2am so noone sees him and kicks seven colours of **** into him.

The Betting Man
17/11/2009, 2:07 PM
He's going back to Sligo to collect his scrapbook. He has Mick McCarthy, Keff Kenna and Steve Bruce's autograph in it. He's arriving at 2am so noone sees him and kicks seven colours of **** into him.

Dont forget Chris Coleman as well

Martinho II
17/11/2009, 5:51 PM
one of the section o lads was drinking in Quinns Drumcondra last weekend and directly across them was Paul Cook and Joey NDo chatting away.. :pSo the deal must be on! you could hear everything that was going on!

Doomofman
17/11/2009, 8:26 PM
one of the section o lads was drinking in Quinns Drumcondra last weekend and directly across them was Paul Cook and Joey NDo chatting away.. :pSo the deal must be on! you could hear everything that was going on!

That sounds soooo reliable :p

GypsyBlackCat
18/11/2009, 9:47 AM
Gavin Peers and Boco linked with Bohs. Boco and Jayo in the same dressing room? Interesting!

CMcC
18/11/2009, 10:16 AM
Half the Bohs squad linked with Shams if you believe half of whats floating around.

Also O'Neill aparently looking to bring about 6 Scots over !!!

Dillonman
18/11/2009, 12:53 PM
Half the Bohs squad linked with Shams if you believe half of whats floating around.

Also O'Neill aparently looking to bring about 6 Scots over !!!

Are any of those the ones with us last season cause there are two who are constantly linked with Rovers, Williams and McGowan!

passinginterest
18/11/2009, 1:02 PM
I'd say O'Neill has no choice but to look to Scotland. He's releasing a lot of players, a few I was surprised at, and players like Turner have already turned them down because O'Neill refuses to budge from the wage structure and budget that's been set. The only way he'll be able to plug the gaps is with imported players willing to conform to the rigid structures there, a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).

LeixlipRed
18/11/2009, 2:59 PM
Fair play to O'Neill if that's true. Rovers can still win the league while keeping to a strict budget.

Rovers1
18/11/2009, 3:08 PM
a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).

I don't know why your putting us in the bracket with the two "rich" clubs. Fair enough, if we win the cup we might have a bit money, but we are not stupid enough to go offering big money to players when our budget probably won't be much more than last season. We only have Conor O'Grady ( who is part time) , Matt Blinkhorn and Chris Turner singed for next season.

eamo1
18/11/2009, 3:13 PM
Its on the Galway Utd forum that apparently Vinny Faherty and John Russell are going to Hibs.John Russell i'll believe but i sincerely doubt Vinny is going,not good enough.
Seamus Conneely will be going im sure,3 caps now for the Irish U21 side.

passinginterest
18/11/2009, 3:17 PM
I don't know why your putting us in the bracket with the two "rich" clubs. Fair enough, if we win the cup we might have a bit money, but we are not stupid enough to go offering big money to players when our budget probably won't be much more than last season. We only have Conor O'Grady ( who is part time) , Matt Blinkhorn and Chris Turner singed for next season.

Purely on the basis that they signed Turner on more than the other Rovers were willing to offer him to be honest, that and the fact they've allegedly been talking to Ndo too, who won't come cheap. Obviously if Peers, Cretaro, Boco and Co. leave it'll free up wages for Sligo but they seem to be starting off by splashing the cash, which, for now at least, makes them one of that elite group.

passerrby
18/11/2009, 3:17 PM

was in quinns and overheard the converstation it when like this

"€15,000 deal or no deal"

"Im a celebraty get me out of here"

i think thats what i heard but cant be sure as there was a tv on beside them

Redie
18/11/2009, 3:28 PM
Purely on the basis that they signed Turner on more than the other Rovers were willing to offer him to be honest, that and the fact they've allegedly been talking to Ndo too, who won't come cheap. Obviously if Peers, Cretaro, Boco and Co. leave it'll free up wages for Sligo but they seem to be starting off by splashing the cash, which, for now at least, makes them one of that elite group.

Do you know that for certain and if so what is your source?

Rovers1
18/11/2009, 3:33 PM

As far as the Turner deal went, i think Chris just wanted security. Shams probably weren't able to offer him a contract just now, and with his partner having a baby next month, he wanted the security of regular income. If i was'nt a Sligo Rovers fan, and had the choice of Sligo or Shams, i probably would have picked Shams. But with the situation Chris finds himself in, he needs financial security.

On Ndo, i think he's a fanstastic footballer but is probably a bit too old to perform week in, week out now. I'd take him if he wasn't on big money, but if he was looking for €600+ i'd tell him where to go.

I have a feeling Peers and Boco might stay, Raf is in world of his own and thinks he's Pele, so best of luck to him wherever he goes.
I don't think Rovers(Sligo) will be splashing the cash this year or next though.

Doomofman
18/11/2009, 3:37 PM
I think that goes for all the players though... They want a contract, they want to know they'll have an income next season so the sooner that comes around I reckon the sooner they would be willing to sign for a team.

blue til i die
18/11/2009, 3:59 PM
I think that goes for all the players though... They want a contract, they want to know they'll have an income next season so the sooner that comes around I reckon the sooner they would be willing to sign for a team.

Probably why 6 or 7 of our players signed on for next season before this season even ended. Players will more than likely jump at any half decent contract offer now...

SkStu
18/11/2009, 5:23 PM
I'd say O'Neill has no choice but to look to Scotland. He's releasing a lot of players, a few I was surprised at, and players like Turner have already turned them down because O'Neill refuses to budge from the wage structure and budget that's been set. The only way he'll be able to plug the gaps is with imported players willing to conform to the rigid structures there, a lot of players seem to be convinced that big money is still available from other clubs (and Sligo, Bohs and Fingal would appear to be proving them right).

can you tell me who we have signed on big money this off season and how much we are paying them? Thanks.

See, last i heard is that we will be dropping our budget significantly, have released a number of high earners, have resigned some current players on smaller contracts and havent actually signed ANY new players so far. The one player we were linked with actually refused to join us as we wouldnt pay what he was looking for.

So i just want to know what it is you have heard. Thanks.