PDA

View Full Version : 2009 season highlights thread

pineapple stu
16/11/2009, 10:12 AM
I know these are all on YouTube, but I'm uploading a few more, so figure I may as well keep them all together on the one thread here as well; make it easier to see what's new.

First off, UCD 4-0 Kildare from April (only the second half, and mysteriously, the score never increases despite our goals...)

cQHMyGKfYPk

That one's courtesy of Kildare fan davitarb. I'll be uploading Terry's version later, which has full highlights of both halves, including the Kildare manager's not-to-be-missed reaction to our fourth goal ("Isn't that ****ing horrendous, isn't it?), Sky Sports visiting the Bowl and John Dineen getting acrobatic.

Next up, Kildare 0-1 UCD, again courtesy of davitarb. This one features synchronised appealing on behalf of all the Sheridan siblings.

nzqIJhtQ0tk

After that, off to Wexford for some really slow spelling and a mis-credited goal (it was Rocco). This one's courtesy of Wexford Youths; haven't lifted a finger ourselves yet! :p

d-wQHXfVJOQ

Mervue gave us our usual fright as we won by a single goal despite dominating -

hhUx4p6lWiE

- before we lost in the League Cup semi to Waterford.

Nqmfifz90D4

Our at that stage dismal home record got worse as we needed a late late equaliser to get a point against Athlone

U7HDfvO2Eys

and when we got knocked out of the Cup the following week, the season looked as good as over (courtesy of Shamrock Rovers, although I have our version of the second half at home to do).

yv-7JsApIRA

We came from behind to beat Limerick

Zw3hNw3zoz8

with Wardy setting up a good Limerick chance
QHZvVnB33s8

before hammering Kildare (courtesy of davitarb again; I think there's a goal missing somewhere)

78nnjT4Xz98

and enduring the epic second half of the Longford win in the Bowl.

SUJm5XU0G7M

Over the next day or two, I hope to upload our version of the Kildare 4-0 win, the second half of the 2-2 draw in Tolka (I don't know what it is with us and problems sorting the first half of games...hope to get those up in due course!), the 2-0 win over Wexford and the 5-0 win in Athlone, including the celebrations. I've the opening day 2-1 win against Limerick and the first 3-0 win against Monaghan done; might need to mute them as there's a lot of crap in the background. I hope to pick the 2-3 Waterford game at the match tomorrow. Apparently Killer has the Fingal win, Aberdonian Stu has the second 3-0 win over Monaghan and the 3-1 Tolka win is knocking about somewhere too. I've also mastered the art of the very basic on-screen scoreboard. :)

pineapple stu
16/11/2009, 12:46 PM
Athlone highlights. Should probably come with a NSFW warning for most of Wardy's post-match antics - singing, attacking Rocco. Think it's Rusky who gets snotted by a water bottle in the celebrations. Good times!

37pVtYAiUD0

Wexford win highlights, muted due to the amount of crap being talked in the background!

kQ0U1Zd3Uao

4-0 win against Kildare, just to show how much better the view is from the far side of the ground!

cSpHU8OKRmM

And the 2-2 against Shels.

suY0pd5iSVo

(And yes, I'll be going back over these and inserting Mervue, Fungus and Wexford's crests)

pineapple stu
18/11/2009, 1:05 PM
The second half of the Cup defeat to Rovers, complete with the wrong date and the bit Rovers didn't want you to see - how in the name of God did their keeper escape with only a yellow?!

UCOs6yf_iOQ

pineapple stu
10/12/2009, 12:49 PM
The 1-0 win in Morton against Sporting Fungus, featuring a random replay experiment and a great crowd shout right at the very end. :)

v00xceP-WYU

Also found this - the 1-0 defeat against Fungus in September.

n32jUybMEL8
The stand was 3/4s full apparently.