PDA

View Full Version : Abidal and Toulalan out for Wednesday

Murfinator
15/11/2009, 7:16 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1115/france_ireland_abidal.html

It's not all grim!

And for the people like me who don't rate Abidal as highly as a centre back as they do a full back I think it's still a big blow for them, they don't really have a quality alternative or Abidal wouldn't be there in the first place.

And no toulalan means more Alou Diarra whos a so-so player by any standards.

Fixer82
15/11/2009, 7:25 PM
good news indeed! now for Henry, Evra and Anelka to be ruled out....

Ciaran W
15/11/2009, 8:25 PM
Any french player whos ruled out is a bonus for us at this stage

Emmet7
15/11/2009, 8:40 PM
Why will it be a bonus?

All it will mean is either Malouda or Benzema, far better players, taking one of the places with a good defender slotting in as well.

carloz
15/11/2009, 8:43 PM
Any french player whos ruled out is a bonus for us at this stage

Abidal is a serious weakness for France that we simply didn't exploit enough last night. He would be the last player id hope to miss Wednesdays game

elroy
15/11/2009, 8:46 PM
Why will it be a bonus?

All it will mean is either Malouda or Benzema, far better players, taking one of the places with a good defender slotting in as well.

Exactly how have you worked that out.........surely it will be either Escude or Squillaci to fill in. I still think CB area is a weaknesses for them and something we need to target, particularly from set pieces. Something we did not do last night

Reality Bites
15/11/2009, 9:29 PM
It's a disruption to a settled back four, the one area they would want to remain intact and strong and they do not want to concede...its a Bonus not huge one but every little counts, the guy plays for Barcelona, so despite what poster are saying it's a quality and experienced omission for the french and a Bonus for us.

bennocelt
15/11/2009, 9:59 PM
It's a disruption to a settled back four, the one area they would want to remain intact and strong and they do not want to concede...its a Bonus not huge one but every little counts, the guy plays for Barcelona, so despite what poster are saying it's a quality and experienced omission for the french and a Bonus for us.

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really, he is an awful player

Stuttgart88
15/11/2009, 10:02 PM
I agree - it's amazing Abidal plays for Barcelona, but Schuilacci and Mexes have had shockers for France at CB this season. As RB says, it's a break. Only a small one, but a break nonetheless.

L.T.F.C.
16/11/2009, 1:21 AM
Why will it be a bonus?

Malouda and leon best. Two players that shouldn't let within an ass' roar of an international team.

paul_oshea
16/11/2009, 9:20 AM
Malouda is a quality player, ive watched him a couple of times at chelsea and he is very good.

Stuttgart88
16/11/2009, 9:23 AM
He's been better recently than this time last year. I thought he was ordinary for Chelsea previously.

twoenz
16/11/2009, 10:06 AM
France are used to it though: they've not played the same back 4 in back to back matches since the Euros.

Murfinator
16/11/2009, 4:14 PM
"Malouda should be starting"

"Benzema will come in for an injured centre back or holding midfielder"

I swear there should be some sort of common sense entrance exam before people are allowed post here. :rolleyes:

Reality Bites
16/11/2009, 4:22 PM
Abou Diaby has been ruled out too -injury

bluemovie
16/11/2009, 4:26 PM
Is there ANY chance they might draft Boumsong in for Abidal?? Fingers crossed.

Yard of Pace
16/11/2009, 4:55 PM
Is there ANY chance they might draft Boumsong in for Abidal?? Fingers crossed.

I'd worry for Shay Given's mental health if he were to be confronted with the spectre of Jean-Alain Boumsong again, on the opposing team or not.

John83
16/11/2009, 5:14 PM
I'd worry for Shay Given's mental health if he were to be confronted with the spectre of Jean-Alain Boumsong again, on the opposing team or not.
He might concede a soft goal from a long range shot while he was still rolling around, laughing at the idea that he was a French international.

Scram
17/11/2009, 11:11 AM
"Malouda should be starting"

"Benzema will come in for an injured centre back or holding midfielder"

I swear there should be some sort of common sense entrance exam before people are allowed post here. :rolleyes:

Indeed

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=1269913#post1269913

:D:D

What was it you said about Irony!!! ps. Are you American?