PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers Game

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 7:33 PM
2nil down half time - murray and bennett in centre defence - big mix up apparantely for one of goals.midfield doing ok and up front - not much more info yet............

adamcarr
02/03/2004, 7:39 PM
Are we playin a proper team? Cause that score is shocking

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 7:45 PM
as far as i know doyler and fenn up front - sweeney in midfield - we av to wait on further reports- its ****ing downd there to........

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 7:45 PM
as far as i know doyler and fenn up front - sweeney in midfield - we av to wait on further reports- its ****ing downd there to........

adamcarr
02/03/2004, 7:48 PM
Originally posted by Flynninio
That last post is very familiar;) :D

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 8:05 PM
spillage was on red fm reporting on worthless cup in england yet he was down limerick reporting on city to.i saw 2nd half n thought burton did shag all and they were playing a bunch of hillbilllys who ere just rounded up that morning cos original team never showed

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 8:19 PM
2all city well on top just got text await scorers

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 8:19 PM

adamcarr
02/03/2004, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by Flynninio
Thanks for the update. But we didnt need it twice AGAIN:D

adamcarr
02/03/2004, 8:26 PM
Is ther much left in the second half? C'MON CITY 3-2

Storysham
02/03/2004, 8:44 PM
Cobh Ramblers 2-2 Cork City RES
Wolfe 26 Fenn 65
Yelverton 34 O'Callaghan pen 70

Another peno, at least it went in this time.

adamcarr
02/03/2004, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by Storysham
Cobh Ramblers 2-2 Cork City RES
Wolfe 26 Fenn 65
Yelverton 34 O'Callaghan pen 70

Another peno, at least it went in this time.

Georgie scored a peno against Mary I over the weekend. A poor result despite te comeback as this was our first real test of pre-season and should have gotten a win.:o

RedX
02/03/2004, 9:28 PM
Poor result??...This is a pre-season friendly..its use is mostly for getting players match fit..2-2 is a good result..it is not really important..i thought the lads did well tonight..let us look forward to the league..it would be a bit silly criticising a team after a pre-season result..biggest clubs in the world lose pre-season matchs to a lot lesser teams..

RedX
02/03/2004, 9:32 PM
I think it would be far to early to start Sweeney in the first team on the opening day..its a long way from playing for Limerick in the 1st div to first team spot at Premier league challengers City..i think we wont see the best of this lad until later in the season or maybe next season..he does look promising though...

RedX
02/03/2004, 9:35 PM
rebel...i was just going to ask the same question myself...not sure are there anymore friendlies..would have been nice to see City play an English club but as we now know the X is not ready..Everton were in Bray tonight..would be great to see someone like them at the X...

RedX
02/03/2004, 9:45 PM
It would have been nice to see Derby as George Burley is managing them now..i met him already a few times and hes a nice bloke and a decent manager..Leeds would have been a bigger crowd puller of course though..Anyway we might be surprised yet and they might organise something...If not roll on the new season..:)

rambler09
02/03/2004, 10:14 PM
if yere title chal******s ramblers could win the ****in league!!

they made **** of ye tonight... and dont ye ****in dare say they didn't!

ye got soooooooooo lucky!

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 10:47 PM
ive seen few of the friendlies and sweeney has improved with each game and the boy is all heart and passion. nwanko is prob bout the same quality wise but both will struggle physically against the top sides - but i think sweeney would edge it 4 me because of his passion(he does be screaming his head off for 90 whole game and these were just friendlies)....ps please ignore previous muppets posts..............

ramsie
02/03/2004, 11:01 PM
As usual Cork ref trys to give them game anybody see when Billy Woods got hit in the head with half a bottle of lucozade after the match pity it didnt split him what happened mick Van Blunder for the 1st goal

thecorner
02/03/2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ramsie
game anybody see when Billy Woods got hit in the head with half a bottle of lucozade after the match pity it didnt split him

kids these days.

:o

Flynninio
02/03/2004, 11:22 PM
cobh "FIRM" trying to stir up bit of rivalry.who could be arsed arguing with these muppets.is there any city fans that can give good report on game?
probably have to wait til the morning me thinks...

ramsie
02/03/2004, 11:32 PM
HEY SNIFF MY DIRT SACK

A face
02/03/2004, 11:51 PM
I am not giving a match report but a few things i noticed.

When City were warming up, they were in their half, jogging left to right ... the full squad, shoulder to shoulder ...... from the goal ot the halfway line. 30-40 players easily ..... WTF (what the fcuk) are we doing with some many players ???

If you dont make the grade .... then you get the chop !! Simple as !!

Steve O'Flynn was great in the second ... lovely touch, with the amount of ball he had.

Fenn ... sorry mate ... he dont impress and will be doing well to stay in peoples good books until you do actually something that impresses people.

Burton ... close the door on your way out !!

Nwánkó ... with more confidence, he could be good. If it were him a GO'C in the middle then they might be a bit light between them ... but they can play ball.

Dan Murray ... different player from when he came first, has to be said. A bit of hoofing aswell, Danny boy wouldn't want to be sitting on his laurels at all really TBH. Watch this space i suppose.

Their keeper had a blinder ... some really great saves !! Hennessy i think !!

"Look who is on the bench !! " .... WTF ... the bench and half the side line ..... How much on wages ??!?!!??

The surface was brilliant ... got to check it out earlier ... really nice under foot .... a few small holes but really nice overall.

Flynninio
03/03/2004, 12:01 AM
i was saying the same up in limerick sunday re - amount of players - there must have been 30 players along the side and behind the goal. i know it was only friendly but half of them werent even watching game..
the highlight 4 me was Dolan sitting on ditch oppositte halfway line about 30feet from noel o'connor who he was on the phone to every 2mins issuing instructions to re- eg substitutions n the like.
i presume club footing the bill - priceless............

RebelBhoy
03/03/2004, 2:20 AM
a face, you are a muppet for sayin that about fenn. trust me, he's quality! I played against him. As for the large squad. Is'nt that what you need to win the league. Strength and depth in the squad is essential and its about time we had this. Dissapointed with the result against queenstown, but sayin burton close the door on yer way out??? grow up ya fool. No hes not as good as fenn flynn or george but he puts himself about and has a strong presence. Grand by me if dolan dosent sign him as its his decision. I think he would be useful though once his wages arent too high!

razor
03/03/2004, 8:00 AM
An awful night, good surface.
Cobh were poor had 2 shots on goal and 2 goals.
Devine did an Oliver Khan for the 1st one, shocking mistake.
2nd goal was poor marking in the box. Apart from these goals I don't actually remember Devine having anything else to do.

Brought on Burton, Kevin Murray, Stephen O'Flynn @ HT for Hoggie, Woods and Kearney, and went 3-4-3, it paid dividends but only for the Cobh keeper it would have been a rout.
He is some young fella they got from Kerry, excellent prospect.

After seeing Fenn against Avondale I had great hopes for him but he was poor last night. Gave away too much ball for my liking.
Burton did nothing to impress.

Nwanko did impress though, @ 2 down he was the only one getting stuck in, made a great tackle to send Doyler clear but his 1st touch was crap.

Stephen O'Flynn was very good and caused Cobh all sorts of problems when he came on.

Not many plusses to be taken from a City perspective but at least we didn't lose to that shower, there was a couple of hundred in attendance.
Buttimer did his utmost to ruin the game and the linesman on the shack side got dogs abuse off the City section and rightly so.

thecorner
03/03/2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RebelBhoy
a face, you are a muppet for sayin that about fenn. trust me, Dissapointed with the result against queenstown, but sayin burton close the door on yer way out??? grow up ya fool.

this is a forum where people are entitled to opinions
so if anybody needs to grow up its u my dear boy

or else go elsewhere

A face
03/03/2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by RebelBhoy
sayin that about fenn. trust me, he's quality! I played against him

I will believe it when i see it .... and not because you tell me so. If he aint up to it then i'll it how it is. He will not be getting handicap at the start of the season, or at any other stage throughout the season .... basically if he is crap or over rated ... i tell it how it is.

I hate saying it ... but i dont really care if you are mates with him. I care about him playing for City and deserving the wages he is getting. (tell him that if you see him will'ya)

As for the large squad. Is'nt that what you need to win the league. Strength and depth in the squad is essential and its about time we had this.

Define strength and depth for me will ya.

burton close the door on yer way out??? No hes not as good as fenn flynn or george but he puts himself about and has a strong presence.

You are giving him far too much respect altogether .... where did he just come from ?

I think he would be useful though once his wages arent too high!

There are 4-5 players for some positions and you are saying he would be useful if the wages weren't too high ...... hello ...... Are you paying the wages. Cau you justify not winning the league come November having incurred that wage bill .... i think you'll find the answer is no ..... The squad is twice the size of what it should be and dont make a fool of yourself saying otherwise.

It is the eircom League .... come out of the clouds. And the name calling ... i'll leave slide !!

RebelBhoy
03/03/2004, 11:29 AM
firstly, sorry a face. I apologise totally. i was over the top.:( Just back from clubbin!;) I just could'nt have disagreed wit you more.thats all. Ya, I might be wrong about fenn as we havent seen him play in de league for us yet and if hes not up to scratch ill have to eat my words. No i dont no him personally either, just played against him, but i'll teell ya one thing. His strength is when he gets the ball into his feet, hes a class act. Only thing about him is his runs are predictable from what i've seen, (front post nearly every time) Imagine John O Flynn playin off him wit georgie behind them. IMO that would be the best attack in de league.:(

As for squad depth. Well Burton can play up front or in mid ( which I think a lot of people agree neads to be strenghthened).
Also look at the choice we know have in several positions.
Strikers and att mid: George, JOF, SOF, Fenn(my buddy!;) ), Doyle, C.t.O'B,Kearney, Beahan, Nolan....

Mid neads to be strenghtened IMO but we have Greg, Nwankwo... who can do a job.

Def:Woods, hoggy, coughlan, murray, Benno, Mucka (hes being played as a full back at de mo)......

Anyway we missed JOF badly at the end of last season. Havin a large squad of quality boosts desire for a place and motivation and minimises drop in form cos one or two players are injured.

As for Burton while hes not unreal he looks useful and maybe what I'd call a squad player. But one mans squad playr is another mans waste of space.

Sorry again lads!:(

razor
03/03/2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
I woudn't go around saying he is bad after one game in a friendly against cobh
I didn't.

:rolleyes:

mageegs
03/03/2004, 12:54 PM
now i can see why neale fenn didnt make it at spurs... He was muck lastnite! just didnt seem interested at all!! CARTHORSE! mad:

'MICKY' nwanko had a great game, neat passing and not afraid to tackle or shoot!
:ball:

Dan Murray must be saucin d whole time with georgy cos hes aftr balloonin since he first came over!
:p

anyone see the plans they have for st colmans park? ****ing savage!

thecorner
03/03/2004, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Guest
if yere title chal******s ramblers could win the ****in league!!

they made **** of ye tonight... and dont ye ****in dare say they didn't!

ye got soooooooooo lucky!

could u explain so y your keepr got MOTM

razor
03/03/2004, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by mageegs
anyone see the plans they have for st colmans park? ****ing savage!

They're levelling it ?
:p

Gary
03/03/2004, 9:11 PM
I honestly thought that George had a shocker last night. He seemed lost in midfield completely. I felt the same Vs Bandon (the 20 mins i saw him play) and Avondale. Give him a free role. Not the free transfer some morons were on about next to me last night.

At one point, George was coming in late at the back post, but missed the ball due to the speed of it, and the slip on the grass. cue

Moron 1 : I hates George biy
Moron 2 : Worst player we have biy, id love to hit him
Moron 3:: Lazy wánker

etc etc etc.

I had a go off them, but the reply was
Moron 2 : Fack off, everyones entitled to an opinion.

At which point i had to restrain from saying - "well not if you are inbred!

Agree about Fenn. Didnt look all that interested last night. I wont be writing him off just yet though. But as i said last week, he will most certainly have to earn his place in the team.

Doyle was good again

Burton wasnt as bad as some are saying and not as good as Spillage is saying. That said, i wouldnt be signing him if i were Pat.

All centre halves were quite good.

Micháel had a great battling game. Big things ahead for him i hope.

S O Flynn is a strong runner who will probably hold Kearney out of the team.