PDA

View Full Version : Chances of holding onto Stephen O Flynn

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jofspring
13/11/2009, 10:36 PM
I see in todays star that Pat Dolan was full of praise for Stevo saying he is a great guy and coming back from two serious injuries was great to see. He also mentioned that his scoring so many goals in such little time will put him on many teams Christmas list. So what do ye think are the chances of us holding onto him for another season?

bluepowers
13/11/2009, 10:57 PM
id say if the budget is going up he would have 2 be 1st on our list hopefully he will stay it would be a great christmas present for us if he stayed

Boroman
13/11/2009, 11:02 PM
fingers,toes and eyes crossed he stays
great player with a fantastic attitude,i think its essential he stays,lets pull out all the stops

Jofspring
13/11/2009, 11:07 PM
I don't know the specifics of him coming back to Limerick after his injury. If it was a case that Limerick said they'd give him a chance to get back into playing then maybe he might show Limerick some good faith by staying around another season and giving promotion a good lash.

Monkfish
14/11/2009, 1:34 AM
what age is he?

Offer made and being considered.

Have to think if say Fingal came along, offered a grand a week and premier football then he couldnt refuse.

LK37oldskool
14/11/2009, 11:06 AM
Fingal would be one of the few clubs that will be offering that kind of money next season in either division.

Jofspring
14/11/2009, 1:16 PM
Fingal would be one of the few clubs that will be offering that kind of money next season in either division.

If not the only club. I think Sligo picking up players like Turner and Ndo is a sign already of how much more level the playing field will be next year.

to think if say Fingal came along, offered a grand a week and premier football then he couldnt refuse

That would be understandable alright but i also think players signing for Fingal for that kind of money next season might be just getting themselves into trouble in the long run. If the last few seasons has thought the players anything its that a team like Fingal could easily turn into another Dublin City or for that matter Cork City, Drogheda, Shels or even Derry City. Suddenly one or two of Fingals backers or sponsors pulls out and wages are owed week after week with players having to hound the club for them, cause they certainly won't make the wages in gate receipts or merchandise sales.

Dundalkjames
14/11/2009, 5:57 PM
what is Limericks wage budget?

gael353
14/11/2009, 6:03 PM
First up lads dolan wasnt praising him, he was trying to tout him to other clubs to take him from Limerick. You see dolan follows money, he followed DD and when the money ran out he went to wexford after limerick told him to swing his hook. He is a leech on clubs and hates limerick. Limerick have made stephan an offer but as mr fish says if clubs wasnt to offer him silly money then good luck to any player who is in receipt of it.

da bishop
16/11/2009, 10:16 PM
cripes gael,you will have us feeling sorry for you soon,that obvious dolan chip on your shoulder must be starting to get heavy.dolan and money,let me see,well he writes for the star,presenter on setanta,is an agent with at least 3 current internationals on his books etc.etc. and you believe he was a leech on limerick and wexford,both of whom were wallowing in millions which he extracted and then fled having bled both dry.whats really wrong gael has he never shook your hand,waved at your importance,acknowledged you in front of the junta,.....cant wait to read your tell all book.get over it.

Monkfish
17/11/2009, 9:26 AM
both of whom were wallowing in millions which he extracted and then fled having bled both dry..

Wallace and Drew are not short of cash are they?

Tell us Des, hows Gary getting on? Any chance he'd come back to us? I know you said he never would but if you could just put in a good word we'd be very grateful.

joeSoap
17/11/2009, 12:03 PM
I'd say there is little or no chance of him staying around, and its hard to blame him. It's a short career, and he needs to make the most of it while he can. Good luck to him in whatever he does next, cos he is a genuinely nice guy who has done well for the club, and the club has done well for him in return. It's just a shame we cant afford to pay him.

Monkfish
17/11/2009, 12:26 PM
It's just a shame we cant afford to pay him.

To be fair to the club, hes been made a fairly decent offer.

joeSoap
17/11/2009, 12:37 PM
I don't know what that offer is, so I'm not going to comment either way.
I'd be disappointed if he moved to another First Division club...If he does go, I'd imagine it will be to a premier side, or perhaps back to the UK.

da bishop
17/11/2009, 3:52 PM
Wallace and Drew are not short of cash are they?

Tell us Des, hows Gary getting on? Any chance he'd come back to us? I know you said he never would but if you could just put in a good word we'd be very grateful.
well he might actually especially if he is offered what s.o flynn has been offered.i,m shocked we can afford that sort of money on one player,no wonder scully signed his deal.anyways if gary gets the same money i put in loads of good words mr fishy.

bluewhitearmy
17/11/2009, 5:50 PM
Why would he get the same when he is nowhere near as good?

Monkfish
17/11/2009, 6:40 PM
Why would he get the same when he is nowhere near as good?

He's still decent but has lost a bit of pace. That said an injury free pre season under Scully would sort him out.

Wallace would be crazy to let him go though. Or broke. :)

gael353
17/11/2009, 9:24 PM
cripes gael, did u just say cripes? :D

you will have us feeling sorry for you soon,that obvious dolan chip on your shoulder must be starting to get heavy.dolan and money,let me see,well he writes for the star,presenter on setanta,is an agent with at least 3 current internationals on his books etc.etc. and you believe he was a leech on limerick and wexford,both of whom were wallowing in millions which he extracted and then fled having bled both dry.whats really wrong gael has he never shook your hand,waved at your importance,acknowledged you in front of the junta,.....cant wait to read your tell all book.get over it.
get over what? he came, he took money, which few have done from Limeick FC and left. no gripe, fact. ill be keeping my arse firmly to the wall in fear of u riding me sideways next time i voice an opinion/view

L37Ultra
17/11/2009, 10:21 PM
He's still decent but has lost a bit of pace. That said an injury free pre season under Scully would sort him out.

Wallace would be crazy to let him go though. Or broke. :)

Gary has been injured in fairness, takes a while to get proper pace back. I would have him back in a falsh. Sure anyone playing with Long ball Wexford would look a bit off the pace!

bluewhitearmy
17/11/2009, 11:40 PM
Fully fit Gar still not as good as Steve so shouldnt be payed as much nothing against Gar hope to see him back.

joeSoap
18/11/2009, 10:17 AM
Fully fit Gar still not as good as Steve so shouldnt be payed as much nothing against Gar hope to see him back. Cant agree with that. Gary Sheehan is 22 years of age, as opposed to Stephens 27, and from what I've seen of him, he has an enormous future. Ask Mick McCarthy, who said so after he skinned the Wolves defence to score against them a few weeks back. A fully fit Gary Sheehan in my eyes would be a great signing, but I'd imagine that being the kind of lad he is, he will have a lot of loyalty to those who stood by him and gave him all the help he needed to recover from injury. The club unfairly treated both himself and Peter White like crap to be honest and Wexford stepped in and they both had fantastic seasons. I get the feeling it would take more than money to make them come back.

LK37oldskool
18/11/2009, 12:17 PM
In fairness a lot has changed at the club since the lads were there and i think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.On Gary's bebo page he's not to thrilled by all the travelling up and down to wexford.

lfc at heart
18/11/2009, 2:38 PM
sure Danny Drew might pay O'flynn's wages along with Scullys wage, one extra wage wont break Danny

joeSoap
18/11/2009, 2:45 PM
I believe Dannys heart now lies in boxing....and fair play, he sponsored a good show in UL last Saturday night.

da bishop
18/11/2009, 5:05 PM
In fairness a lot has changed at the club since the lads were there and i think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.On Gary's bebo page he's not to thrilled by all the travelling up and down to wexford.

page must be ancient,gary lives and works in wexford,and .....in fairness .....what has changed at the club exactly.

joeSoap
19/11/2009, 8:47 AM
what has changed at the club exactly. Well, hopefully it is going in the right direction both on and off the pitch. Pat O'Sullivan seems very dedicated and isn't afraid to put his money where his mouth is, and doesn't possess anything like the ego of certain others who have invested in the past.

It's a bit disconcerting that someone attached to the club for a long time with a similar surname as the aforementioned saw last seasons main ambition as " As long as we finish ahead of Wexford", but if that mentality can be eliminated, then it's onwards and upwards.

gael353
19/11/2009, 10:12 PM
sure Danny Drew might pay O'flynn's wages along with Scullys wage, one extra wage wont break Danny

obsessed with that notion arnt you? and your the only one listening to yourself

gael353
19/11/2009, 10:13 PM
page must be ancient,gary lives and works in wexford,and .....in fairness .....what has changed at the club exactly.

depends on what club your talking about. as for gary hes done very well for himself down there not just on the field of play but there might be other reasons both footballing and personal that he might return to limerick

gael353
19/11/2009, 10:21 PM
Well, hopefully it is going in the right direction both on and off the pitch. Pat O'Sullivan seems very dedicated and isn't afraid to put his money where his mouth is, and doesn't possess anything like the ego of certain others who have invested in the past.

It's a bit disconcerting that someone attached to the club for a long time with a similar surname as the aforementioned saw last seasons main ambition as " As long as we finish ahead of Wexford", but if that mentality can be eliminated, then it's onwards and upwards.

THhink you have to take his phrase in context. We were without a manager when he said it as well as having one of the lowest budgets in the division, also wexford had strenghtened their squad considerably with the addition of "amateurs" Holden, Breen, White and sheehan. We had no pre season, we were starting the season without any financial backing, and it was gonna be tight. When we finally got a manager some weeks into the season and even at that it has taken the whole season to shape the team into the new managers ways as well as assembling the squad for next season. We're going in the right direction heres hoping POS can put his plan in place to finally take us back to where we belong

bluewhitearmy
20/11/2009, 12:12 AM
The club unfairly treated both himself and Peter White like crap to be honest and Wexford stepped in and they both had fantastic seasons. I get the feeling it would take more than money to make them come back.

And how exactly did they treat them unfairly? Is it because the manager at the time didnt want them ? Until Gar scores as much as Steve ill stick with my opinion that Steve is better and again in no way putting Gar down like i said would love to see him back.

joeSoap
20/11/2009, 9:33 AM
And how exactly did they treat them unfairly? I'm not going to get into that with you. I'll have my opinion, you'll have yours. Wexford signed Gary when injured and were responsible both financially and medically for his rehabilitation. For whatever reason, Limerick couldn't or wouldn't do this, so he moved on. I do know that he was left in limbo for an age by the club, which I class as unfair. And as for Peter White being told he wasn't good enough, well that speaks for itself, and whoever decided to let him go obviously doesn't know his football.

bluewhitearmy
20/11/2009, 1:13 PM
Take that up with Kerley. What did you want the club to do tell Mike he had to sign them because it was fair. Manager didnt want them nothing club could do im sure if Mike had left before they had agreed to join Wexford they would have been signed. Gael did i see you say before that club contacted them after Mike went? Could be wrong but think i did.

joeSoap
20/11/2009, 1:33 PM
Take that up with Kerley. What did you want the club to do tell Mike he had to sign them because it was fair. Manager didnt want them nothing club could do im sure if Mike had left before they had agreed to join Wexford they would have been signed. Gael did i see you say before that club contacted them after Mike went? Could be wrong but think i did.

So what??? You're not making any real point here. Mike Kerley was the club manager, and responsible to the clubs board. It's still 'the club'. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

osarusan
20/11/2009, 1:47 PM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.If she is your aunt through marriage, then I doubt it.

LFC-Zulu
20/11/2009, 3:37 PM
If she is your aunt through marriage, then I doubt it.
Brilliant. :D

gael353
20/11/2009, 4:14 PM
I'm not going to get into that with you. I'll have my opinion, you'll have yours. Wexford signed Gary when injured and were responsible both financially and medically for his rehabilitation. For whatever reason, Limerick couldn't or wouldn't do this, so he moved on. I do know that he was left in limbo for an age by the club, which I class as unfair. And as for Peter White being told he wasn't good enough, well that speaks for itself, and whoever decided to let him go obviously doesn't know his football.

retract that joe, gary and all limerick players have been well looked after over the last two years and everyone knows who left gary unsigned (along with 23 others) leaving gary to take up an alternitive club. a lot of spin comes out of people trying to undermine the club and i would hope you wouldnt fall for this. Losing gary was a huge blow to the team last year. No argument but when you see reasons other then MK been given for this departure its well wide and incorrect of the truth. How well we treat our players is well documented and signings such as Kavanagh and O'Flynn woudlnt have happened if we treated players poorly

da bishop
20/11/2009, 11:16 PM
retract that joe, gary and all limerick players have been well looked after over the last two years and everyone knows who left gary unsigned (along with 23 others) leaving gary to take up an alternitive club. a lot of spin comes out of people trying to undermine the club and i would hope you wouldnt fall for this. Losing gary was a huge blow to the team last year. No argument but when you see reasons other then MK been given for this departure its well wide and incorrect of the truth. How well we treat our players is well documented and signings such as Kavanagh and O'Flynn woudlnt have happened if we treated players poorlyhe has nothing to retract gael,we are all delighted the club has obviously changed its policy on player injury with reference to what you say,but not on the previous regimes watch which ..funnily enough...contains some of the current junta,bottom line is gary was treated in a disgraceful manner and yes MK must take plenty of flak for it but he,s not the only one.garys appeals for help were ignored by two prominent members of the top table and he was left isolated,and this is not spin,undermining the club its fact....how do i know..i speak to gary maybe you should do the same.like you i agree he was a huge loss,we need to keep our good young players.

bluewhitearmy
20/11/2009, 11:18 PM
So what??? You're not making any real point here. Mike Kerley was the club manager, and responsible to the clubs board. It's still 'the club'. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Sorry cant keep up with the great points you are making. What are they again that club is unfair because they didnt sign 2 players the manager didnt want. Why those big meanies are even worse then that awful Thierry Henry character. Manager didnt want them it happens get over it.

gael353
21/11/2009, 11:42 AM
he has nothing to retract gael,we are all delighted the club has obviously changed its policy on player injury with reference to what you say,but not on the previous regimes watch which ..funnily enough...contains some of the current junta,bottom line is gary was treated in a disgraceful manner and yes MK must take plenty of flak for it but he,s not the only one.garys appeals for help were ignored by two prominent members of the top table and he was left isolated,and this is not spin,undermining the club its fact....how do i know..i speak to gary maybe you should do the same.like you i agree he was a huge loss,we need to keep our good young players.

must be a deadline comming lads that yer on here spoutiing rubbish about the club.....players about to sign :D players about to leave the club yer getting all yer information from :rolleyes: again what your saying relating to Gary is all third party, (an internet poster) It must be noted by those who are not in the know, and ignore these wums who are trying to unsettle players from the club, Gary didnt get injured with limerick, gary got injured playing for his then college side Mary I who are coached by..... everyone knows who i am and untill you start naming names of the ppl who treated Gary so so badly other then MK ill out them out of the club myself. These postings by joe soap and Des are nicely linking into Fat Dolans piece about stephen o'flynn in the star last week. Now keep posting your time is running out ;)

da bishop
21/11/2009, 8:58 PM
crikey gael,now i am REALLY feeling sorry for you.......that overactive mind of yours is now in conspiracy mode.must get meself,joe and dolan together to fathom out the next bus we take.you know who i am gael,i meet you at every home game,buy a few tickets off you,pass the verbal nicety etc but please get the facts correct gary got injured playing for his club and as a result could not play for his college who are coached by NOC.given your long association with the LOI you are only too well aware the only people who unsettle the players at the club are the players themselves some of whom have agendas way beyond their ....passion...for limerick fc and mores the pity for that because its the fans like me and people like yourself who put their faith in them,then their are the cases like garys.will s.o flynn stay,..i hope so but think not ,more about that later.name names you say ,now now gael we cant do that,oh btw were you at the match gary got injured in playing for hie college....thought not...you heard it from a third party no doubt.

gael353
21/11/2009, 9:11 PM
crikey gael,now i am REALLY feeling sorry for you.......that overactive mind of yours is now in conspiracy mode.must get meself,joe and dolan together to fathom out the next bus we take.you know who i am gael,i meet you at every home game,buy a few tickets off you,pass the verbal nicety etc but please get the facts correct gary got injured playing for his club and as a result could not play for his college who are coached by NOC.given your long association with the LOI you are only too well aware the only people who unsettle the players at the club are the players themselves some of whom have agendas way beyond their ....passion...for limerick fc and mores the pity for that because its the fans like me and people like yourself who put their faith in them,then their are the cases like garys.will s.o flynn stay,..i hope so but think not ,more about that later.name names you say ,now now gael we cant do that,oh btw were you at the match gary got injured in playing for hie college....thought not...you heard it from a third party no doubt.

your highly respected on here des as a knowledgable person who knows quite a bt on internal team affairs but im still waiting on those names.....tic tok tic toc and id prefer if you had a go at me in person then on this messege board. ive had two phone calls already today about what your posting about gary not from club ppl but fans and they too can see the link between Dolan, JS and what your posting which is not overreacting nor a conspiracy its "touting/agent work" irish style.

Monkfish
21/11/2009, 10:02 PM
your highly respected on here des as a knowledgable person who knows quite a bt on internal team affairs .

And he knows Gary Sheehan! :eek:

He ever mention that? :confused:

Ever? :D

LK37oldskool
22/11/2009, 10:43 AM

This mess is well explained over on the new forum by one of the club officials who dose'nt post here.Your view on things differs wildly by the way.

joeSoap
23/11/2009, 7:16 PM
These postings by joe soap and Des are nicely linking into Fat Dolans piece about stephen o'flynn in the star last week. Now keep posting your time is running out ;) I think you know me a little better than that Trev. My point is that I felt it quite ironic that people on here like bluehitearmy think it okay for any manager of this club to let go two of its best players, especially at a time we didn't have a pot to p1ss in both on and off the field. Previous managers have been savaged her for less.

The club management at the time didn't look after Gary Sheehan, pure and simple. He was injured, needed help and guidance and simply didn't get it. It was forthcoming elsewhere by people who recognised his talent. Thats why he left. This cant be dressed up any other way.

Thats my opinion, not anybody elses Trev.

da bishop
23/11/2009, 10:13 PM
This mess is well explained over on the new forum by one of the club officials who dose'nt post here.Your view on things differs wildly by the way.
REALLY,...he does,n agree with my view..cant believe it.ok so i must have been incorrect all along especially if a club official says otherwise.

Jofspring
23/11/2009, 10:16 PM
REALLY,...he does,n agree with my view..cant believe it.ok so i must have been incorrect all along especially if a club official says otherwise.

He makes a very good point about why he knows the truth and i'm yet to see anyone give a better reason for knowing any better than him so i'd tend to believe what he says.

gael353
23/11/2009, 11:31 PM
I think you know me a little better than that Trev. My point is that I felt it quite ironic that people on here like bluehitearmy think it okay for any manager of this club to let go two of its best players, especially at a time we didn't have a pot to p1ss in both on and off the field. Previous managers have been savaged her for less.

The club management at the time didn't look after Gary Sheehan, pure and simple. He was injured, needed help and guidance and simply didn't get it. It was forthcoming elsewhere by people who recognised his talent. Thats why he left. This cant be dressed up any other way.

Thats my opinion, not anybody elses Trev.

Yer right joe and fair play for sticking to your guns. i just find it ironic that old stories of ill treatment are brought up in a time when teams are signing and releasing players. The MK story has been played out over and over again on foot and yet dispite this the tale of garys injury is used as the stiick to beat the club with. Gary did not leave cos one club offered him treatment as one club didnt, both gary and peter were wrong done by a manager, not a club. Both were not offered contracts by the then manager unbeknown to the club untill it was too late and both players on not recieving said contracts had been approached by another club simple as. How do i know this well both gary and peter met with the club on the day they left, one day after Kerley walked. I honestly dont know of one player, injured whilest playing with limerick in the last two years that hasnt been looked after.
Limerick do strict medicals including screanings on all new signings, limerick have both a doctor and physio on call to all players 24/7, Limerick have a physio at all training sessions.
Mk and his goings on are in the past, Scullys limerick are going onto big and better things. roll on next season.

ps just read the posting on the new forum by paul. as u can see both what he says and what i am trying to say is on the same area so think that puts to sleep any rumours of ill treatment by the club of the players

Monkfish
24/11/2009, 2:28 AM

Hes come out, not hid behind a user name and gave a great account of events. Anyone who disagrees with his version can now take it up with him. Although the cowardly nature of the **** stirrers on here makes he believe he wont be hassled much.

All you seem to be able to do is tell everyone you know Gary and thats why your right.

Boring, no-one cares.

LK37oldskool
24/11/2009, 12:08 PM
Not bothered what you think really,I like many others believe the version as told by Paul.At least he has the decency to be upfront and use his real name which has to be admired.

da bishop
24/11/2009, 10:21 PM
Hes come out, not hid behind a user name and gave a great account of events. Anyone who disagrees with his version can now take it up with him. Although the cowardly nature of the **** stirrers on here makes he believe he wont be hassled much.

All you seem to be able to do is tell everyone you know Gary and thats why your right.

Boring, no-one cares.

ironic that is,n it,referring to people as cowardly and s.stirrers given it was you who brought up gary in the first place and are like us all living behind a user name who hits on threads both senior and junior when one feels like it.have,n read said clubs officials account yet but will.as i said already MK HAD a role to play but is not to blame ,the club was,the player concerned had pre op,post op,physio,rehab,and did not recieve 1cent from the club and was ignored and treated shamefully by the club.its to their credit that has now changed as gael has said but like joe has said that episode cant be dressed any other way.i didn,t address garys injury until the debate started and its something i happen to know alot about.