PDA

View Full Version : New Kit

Maynard
02/03/2004, 5:13 PM
Just wondering how progress is going Ringo, and if they're likely to be hitting the shops in the near future?

Ringo
03/03/2004, 6:50 AM
The team shirts arrived in last week. The ones to sell will be on sale in about two weeks. Send me your e-mail & i'll send you some photos.

Sheridan
03/03/2004, 3:44 PM
Could I get a peek too, Ringo? Send 'em to turloughkelly at online dot ie if you would. Will we see the new shirts in (or on) the flesh against UCD on Saturday?

Incidentally, I take it that game is at Foster's Avenue, as stated on Aertel?

Maynard
03/03/2004, 5:34 PM
:D Well done to all those involved in the new gear, it looks really really good!! Can't wait to get my hands on the new jersies.
Excellent job.

Just wondering, the Viking gear (looks great too btw) but am I missing the signifigance of the number 23?

Thanks for the mail Ringo, appreciate it. :)

Ringo
03/03/2004, 7:40 PM
Originally posted by Sheridan
Could I get a peek too, Ringo? Send 'em to turloughkelly at online dot ie if you would. Will we see the new shirts in (or on) the flesh against UCD on Saturday?

Incidentally, I take it that game is at Foster's Avenue, as stated on Aertel?

i'll do it from work tomorrow. Wondered where you went to!! it won't be worn till the first game of the season.

Ringo
03/03/2004, 7:51 PM
Originally posted by Maynard
:D Well done to all those involved in the new gear, it looks really really good!! Can't wait to get my hands on the new jersies.
Excellent job.

Just wondering, the Viking gear (looks great too btw) but am I missing the signifigance of the number 23?

Thanks for the mail Ringo, appreciate it. :)

The crests & the logos are 3D rather than printed. The material is a real sports one. The retail price will be €29.99,still half that of any other shirt. it just cost so much for the crests & logo's.

The number was one that changed a few times. It had to be a double figure. We didn't want to use a low number as this would like a year( ie 04). We've an irish range with 32 on it. We thought of 16 (the GAA would love that). At the end because of the styles Ameriacn football/ice hockey & basketball we came up with 23. Shaq O'Neill wore 23 & it seams to be a lucky number for some. Anyone has any better suggestions love to hear them.

Schumi
04/03/2004, 10:41 AM
Incidentally, I take it that game is at Foster's Avenue, as stated on Aertel? The game against Lnogford was so I'd say this one is too. It's not exactly a massive trek to get to Belfield Park if it's there though!

Sheridan
04/03/2004, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by Ringo
i'll do it from work tomorrow. Wondered where you went to!! it won't be worn till the first game of the season.

Cheers mate, excellent work! Don't like that Viking stuff (too American), but the home and away kits are great. Nice to see PROPER COLLARS making a comeback. Are you sure the home and away kits are sufficiently different, though?

Should sell well, I shall definitely be purchasing one myself.

As for my absence, that's mostly down to my getting UTV Clicksilver, which doesn't seem to like the idea of posting on foot.ie or other boards, for some reason.

Ringo
04/03/2004, 6:14 PM
Cheers mate, excellent work! Don't like that Viking stuff (too American), but the home and away kits are great. Nice to see PROPER COLLARS making a comeback. Are you sure the home and away kits are sufficiently different, though?

Should sell well, I shall definitely be purchasing one myself.

As for my absence, that's mostly down to my getting UTV Clicksilver, which doesn't seem to like the idea of posting on foot.ie or other boards, for some reason.

Viking stuff is very "in Fashion" with the brothers.. The colar was a last minute thing. The Home & away look very different in real life, they be keeping last years white as a third strip.