PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma for if France knock out Ireland

jebus
13/11/2009, 3:22 PM
I'd usually support France in any major tournament Ireland aren't part of (howya World Cup 02) and would buy a France tracksuit top or a jersey, but would this be at all acceptable if they knock us out?

Would it depend on the circumstances?

I'm still going to if it happens anyway but I'd like to know what level of abuse I'd get whilst doing so

paul_oshea
13/11/2009, 3:25 PM
Wgaf?

Jofspring
13/11/2009, 3:52 PM
Supporting a foreign team you Judas :p:D

SkStu
13/11/2009, 3:53 PM
what a waste of good cyberspace.

The Legend
13/11/2009, 3:59 PM
after us, i'd like to see Spain win... if it matters.

superfrank
13/11/2009, 4:00 PM
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and don't see why it should bother anyone.

You've said if Ireland were there, you'd follow them. So if France get there, Ireland won't and there'd be no question of being disloyal, etc..

DeLorean
13/11/2009, 4:06 PM
I'd say you'll get more abuse for starting this thread than supporting France.

Personally, I can't stand them, so wouldn't be supporting them anyway unless they were playing England.

paul_oshea
13/11/2009, 4:19 PM
Ya delorean but its like that jedward thing, we are all thinking what the fcuk is the eejit at? Yet we are still all replying!!!

Crosby87
13/11/2009, 4:31 PM
Come on. You cant support them if they knock us out.

peadar1987
13/11/2009, 4:32 PM
what a waste of good cyberspace.

If we run out of internets, it's jebus' fault!

thischarmingman
13/11/2009, 4:47 PM
I'd usually support France in any major tournament Ireland aren't part of (howya World Cup 02) and would buy a France tracksuit top or a jersey, but would this be at all acceptable if they knock us out?

I'm still going to if it happens anyway but I'd like to know what level of abuse I'd get whilst doing so

Don't be silly, imagine an Irish football fan supporting a foreign team...

MeathDrog
13/11/2009, 5:01 PM
i'd usually support france in any major tournament ireland aren't part of (howya world cup 02) and would buy a france tracksuit top or a jersey, but would this be at all acceptable if they knock us out?

I'm still going to if it happens anyway but i'd like to know what level of abuse i'd get whilst doing so
Gtfo.

MeathDrog
13/11/2009, 5:03 PM
Don't be silly, imagine an Irish football fan supporting a foreign team...
Like Derry? ;)

noddy102
13/11/2009, 5:08 PM
Spain for me. Have supported them at every international tournament since 1998.

John83
13/11/2009, 5:40 PM
You could support them, but only in the manner of Éamonn Dunphié, by insisting that Thierry Henry is a good player, not a great player, by calling Abidal a clown, and by demanding Dominech's head on a plate if they fail to win any given game by at least six goals, as is the birthright of France.

jebus
13/11/2009, 9:42 PM
You could support them, but only in the manner of Éamonn Dunphié, by insisting that Thierry Henry is a good player, not a great player, by calling Abidal a clown, and by demanding Dominech's head on a plate if they fail to win any given game by at least six goals, as is the birthright of France.

So yes?

irishfan86
13/11/2009, 9:52 PM
The only dilemma you should be thinking of is whether you'll be wearing green or white to South Africa!

Stuttgart88
13/11/2009, 10:27 PM
what a waste of good cyberspace.Spot on

elroy
13/11/2009, 10:36 PM
If Ireland run France close I would watch France in the WC to see how they got on. Wouldnt support them. Pretty similar to how wouldve watched the Swiss in recent tournaments. Anyways we're gonna beat them so case closed!!! :D

Splurge
13/11/2009, 11:33 PM
Ill go for whichever ever team bar England has the most Man Utd or WX youths players.

drummerboy
14/11/2009, 12:40 AM
Despite all the doom and gloom about the Irish team and how we lack players of the calibre of Brady, Stapleton, Whelan, Moran, McGrath, Lawrenson ect ect, we have still managed to survive a group which included the World Champions and now have the WC runners up ****ting themselves. In my book thats progress, whether we win or lose the playoff. I think it will be 0-0 tomorrow night and we will qualify with a late equaliser in Paris. A bumpy ride but was it ever any other way.

Duffman
14/11/2009, 10:10 AM
England for me, would love to see Brave John Terry lift aloft the WC. Love it I tells ya love it.:cool:

jebus
19/11/2009, 12:53 AM
So I'm guessing a revised answer to this might be a resounding no? :)

Morbo
19/11/2009, 1:02 AM
You think?

SkStu
19/11/2009, 1:04 AM
So I'm guessing a revised answer to this might be a resounding no? :)

i think the answer is a resounding who gives a fck.

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:09 AM
Probably, not going to stop me though

Lived in France for a number of months and absolutely love the people and the country. Trust me they'd be the first to admit they didn't deserve to go through tonight, actually the ones I hung out with had the best attitude to football I'd ever seen, if they lost and deserved to lose they just shrugged their shoulders and said fair play to the better team, I doubt many on here can say they have that attitude to football in general. If they won after being the lesser of the teams they fully admitted so and didn't really celebrate too much. They only really celebrated when their team won and they won playing good football, they'd be appalled at what happened tonight.

Also Zidane is my favourite player of all time, Henry is still in my top three players playing at the moment and that new tracksuit top is so good I'd pay for it in blood (which I might end up doing it seems)

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:09 AM
i think the answer is a resounding who gives a fck.

You seemingly considering you popped in to give your opinion

tricky_colour
19/11/2009, 1:10 AM
I would have hoped they did well then we could say we were put out by a great team however now I will be supporting any team they are up against and hope they go home as early as possible, preferably with Henry on crutches :D

theworm2345
19/11/2009, 1:11 AM
France have always been my fall back team in the WC's and Euros if Ireland don't make it but I just don't know if I can next year.

SkStu
19/11/2009, 1:13 AM
You seemingly considering you popped in to give your opinion

yeah twice. Support whoever the eff you like. Why do you think you need to ask retards like me on an internet forum what you should do?

jebus
19/11/2009, 1:15 AM
yeah twice. Support whoever the eff you like. Why do you think you need to ask retards like me on an internet forum what you should do?

Why are you calling yourself a retard?

Also I felt like having a different thread from the usual 'we're crap, Trap out!', 'we're great, Trap in' debate

SkStu
19/11/2009, 1:35 AM
Why are you calling yourself a retard?

guilty by association...

centre mid
19/11/2009, 7:36 AM
That French side will struggle to get out of the group stage, cant defend for love nor money.