PDA

View Full Version : LOI to be featured on Prime time next Tuesday.

Pages : [1] 2

sheao
12/11/2009, 9:13 PM
Miriam O'Callaghan just said on RTE 1 there that they will be talking about the goings on the in the league of ireland next tusday night. I'm sure more negitive publicity for the league anway.

Candystripe
12/11/2009, 9:18 PM
I'm sure more negitive publicity for the league anway.

Sure to be sure, I'm sure you're right hi. :p

HarpoJoyce
12/11/2009, 9:20 PM
Huh!...at least RTE One has the sense of duty to feature the First Division.

(Will David McWilliams be part of the economic advisory soundbites. Hope Miriam O'Callaghan mouths the words UCD too).

Mark
12/11/2009, 9:33 PM
just saw that. The lads in the piece having to go to england to work all had GAA backgrounds. maybe they could follow a LOI lad as he seeks a bit of work in the off season?

peadar1987
12/11/2009, 9:37 PM
How many times do you think it'll get called the Eircom League over the course of the programme?

I'm going to go for more than 10.

Ciaran W
12/11/2009, 11:37 PM
Them two wont even be able to name half the irish teams. .none of the non-sport radio and tv presenters care about the league of ireland

PartySaint
13/11/2009, 12:12 AM
Any publicity and all that....

corkharps
13/11/2009, 12:18 AM
It's gonnna be greeeaaat!:D

Magicme
13/11/2009, 2:04 AM
Raging. Why didnt the ring me?

SMorgan
13/11/2009, 7:16 AM
I wonder who within the FAI is going to get seduced, sorry interviewed. I'd gladly give a fans view.

Mad Moose
13/11/2009, 7:33 AM
Raging. Why didnt the ring me?

I've a feeling you might well be the replacement for Mr Hunter on Joe Duffy's Liveline :D

BohDiddley
13/11/2009, 7:46 AM
Who do Miriam and Mark support, I wonder?

redobit
13/11/2009, 9:42 AM

I dunno but Miiriams bra has good support.

dcfcsteve
13/11/2009, 10:02 AM
Any publicity and all that....

One of life's greatest urban myths.

Ask Gary Glitter what wonders his publicity for being a paedophile has done for his career...

OwlsFan
13/11/2009, 10:27 AM
One of life's greatest urban myths.

Ask Gary Glitter what wonders his publicity for being a paedophile has done for his career...

As a kid I loved Garry Glitter. I didn't know it was reciprocated.

What has that to do with anything? Reporters don't have to be involved in the matter which they're investigating. Does someone investigating the underworld have to be involved in criminal activity themselves? Much better to come to a topic without any bias.

BohDiddley
13/11/2009, 10:42 AM
As a kid I loved Garry Glitter. I didn't know it was reciprocated.

What has that to do with anything? Reporters don't have to be involved in the matter which they're investigating. Does someone investigating the underworld have to be involved in criminal activity themselves? Much better to come to a topic without any bias.
Agreed on the general principle of objectivity, and it would be fine and dandy if they were pure as the driven snow and supported no one in particular.
I don't really care who the programme makers support individually, but IMHO many of these productions carry a lot of baggage and assumptions, subtle* and otherwise, to start with.

* I see we're off to a good start here with the underworld comparison. That'd make for some nice metaphors all right. ;)

OneRedArmy
13/11/2009, 11:36 AM
I dunno but Miiriams bra has good support.Would you ever let it go McWilliams......:D

Mr A
13/11/2009, 11:37 AM
Maybe they'll say nice things.

You never know.

jebus
13/11/2009, 12:22 PM
Do people think the FAI and a lot of the clubs deserve anything other than negative press after this season? :confused:

oriel
13/11/2009, 12:22 PM
How many times do you think it'll get called the Eircom League over the course of the programme?

I'm going to go for more than 10.

Eircom ? that might be stretching their researchers a bit Peadar, when Primetime did that slaughter job on Shels a few yrs back, Mirriam continously referred to the the lge as 'the irish league'

OneRedArmy
13/11/2009, 12:28 PM
As the whole Derry thing was exploding over the weekend, Newstalk suggested there were "serious problems for the Derry County Board to face up to".

Running a foreign games offshoot would seem fairly serious alright...

Magicme
13/11/2009, 3:35 PM
I've a feeling you might well be the replacement for Mr Hunter on Joe Duffy's Liveline :D

How could I be a replacement for myself. Dammit I have been rumbled. :D

Mad Moose
13/11/2009, 3:45 PM
How could I be a replacement for myself. Dammit I have been rumbled. :D

I thought ya did fantastic and represented the LoI and Monaghan Utd very well that day. I had meant to tell ya that but you know we know on here what a wonderful job ya do for Monaghan Utd.

Magicme
13/11/2009, 3:49 PM
Awww sweet! See if Prime time could see what a lovely place the LOI really is with people telling each other they are swell, there would be thousands busting down the gates to try to get to our games!

The charm offensive works. :D

OneRedArmy
13/11/2009, 4:13 PM
Do people think the FAI and a lot of the clubs deserve anything other than negative press after this season? :confused:
On the basis that they didn't get positive press when things were going well then I'd say a request for balanced journalism is fair enough.

Riddickcule
13/11/2009, 9:28 PM
Any publicity is good publicity,

the LOI, although is usually negative news, has been getting a fair amount of publicity the past few years, more than it used to.

The more publicity it gets then MAYBE the sooner all the problems will be sorted

jebus
13/11/2009, 9:29 PM
On the basis that they didn't get positive press when things were going well then I'd say a request for balanced journalism is fair enough.

When did clubs and how they were run ever warrant positive press?
In the last twenty years I mean

irishultra
13/11/2009, 10:19 PM
the loi needs to bring in hulk hogan. then everything will be ok

Riddickcule
13/11/2009, 10:25 PM
Where's Pat Dolan these days ?
He'll sort it out sharpish....lol

A face
14/11/2009, 7:48 PM
What it needs is for the clubs to manage themselves properly and stop sailing so close to the wind all the time. Build for the long term not the short term.

gael353
14/11/2009, 9:47 PM
Where's Pat Dolan these days ? pat only appears where there is money so hence he aint around the LOI anymore. Last seen chasing boxing promotion money for andy lee and Bernard Dunne fights

A face
15/11/2009, 10:36 AM
Just how bad/amateur/tabloid are the Prime Time researchers anyway?

Are they 'Alan Hunter' bad? RTE seem to continually pull that rabbit out of the hat in an 'even though its based in the same country we haven't the slightest clue about the League of Ireland so we'll mix it with a bit of circus' type effort, or will it actually be investigative reporting for a change?

Change? sorry, i'm getting ahead of myself, we can expect Daft Dave to make an appearance i'd say :rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
16/11/2009, 11:23 AM
Any publicity is good publicity,

*Places head in hands whilst slowly shaking it from side to side.....*

Next you'll be coming out with other classic nonesense cliches like 'It's too cold to snow', and 'Teams usually play better with only 10 men'. :)

peadar1987
16/11/2009, 12:42 PM
*Places head in hands whilst slowly shaking it from side to side.....*

Next you'll be coming out with other classic nonesense cliches like 'It's too cold to snow', and 'Teams usually play better with only 10 men'. :)

I'm not sure. This time could be the exception that proves the rule.

bluemovie
16/11/2009, 5:19 PM
Could we not issue a statement to Prime Time?:

"The family asks the media to respect their privacy at this difficult time".

It works for funerals.

Mr A
17/11/2009, 10:56 AM
So what are the odds that TNB will be on there? He talked to the Sunday Times so he might get another spin out tonight.

ltfc_2004
17/11/2009, 11:13 AM
You imagine someone like Daire Whelan will be interviewed, maybe Stephen McGuinness or a footballer with a mortgage who has been screwed over by a club.

People go on about RTE doing a hatchet job on the League of Ireland but enough of our own clubs are doing a good job of that.

Guy in work goes sure Derry were caught surely all the other clubs were/are doing the same, thats the mindset you are dealing with.

razor
17/11/2009, 11:17 AM
So what are the odds that TNB will be on there? He was interviewed at the Cross last week along with John Caulfield.

Candystripe
17/11/2009, 11:40 AM
What is the odds that Eamon Mc Cann will be pulled out for an interview as well?

People go on about RTE doing a hatchet job on the League of Ireland but enough of our own clubs are doing a good job of that.

Guy in work goes sure Derry were caught surely all the other clubs were/are doing the same, thats the mindset you are dealing with.

Probably a few are but Derry were doomed even if we hadn't have been "caught"!

Louth4sam
17/11/2009, 12:02 PM
*'Teams usually play better with only 10 men'. :)

As a Dundalk fan I can safely say this is not true

Straightstory
17/11/2009, 2:31 PM
One thing f'sure: The most obvious problem the league has, and the cause of it - Irish football fans 'supporting' foreign teams instead of local teams due to child-like mentality/laziness/lack of imagination - will not even be mentioned.

galwayjames
17/11/2009, 2:39 PM
Is this on at the same time as the Brian Kerr documentary? I hope not.

The Betting Man
17/11/2009, 2:52 PM
Is this on at the same time as the Brian Kerr documentary? I hope not.

Yep sure is

galwayjames
17/11/2009, 3:24 PM
Yep sure is

Ah crap! I suppose it'll be on the Player thing afterwards anyway.

weecountyman
17/11/2009, 5:48 PM
I'd have thought the LOI would merit at least a Prime Time Investigates instead of a studio dialogue with luvvies on board. It's amazing they're putting it up against the Brian Kerr documentary, showing again how clever RTE can be.

PartySaint
17/11/2009, 6:38 PM
Richie Sadlier is going to be on tonight, should have some interesting things to say

jan molby
17/11/2009, 7:01 PM
Rte stands for radio telefeis england.

They dont cover irish sport because they cant lift it off sky sports.dont get me started on tony o donohue as well .he misses the green door at merrion square.he does not bother with abbotstown its too cold . You will find the primetime producer were instructed to do this programme by the dublin 4 brigade in radio telefeis england.

thischarmingman
17/11/2009, 7:38 PM
I'm in work until 10- updates/cynicism/mocking please!

RĂ©iteoir
17/11/2009, 8:38 PM
Your handy cut out and keep Prime Time Hyperbole Scoreboard

Shambles: 1
eircom League: 0

This will be updated as we go along

razor
17/11/2009, 8:40 PM
What are the odds that some of the piece is shafted for the Maire Geoghegan Quinn piece?