PDA

View Full Version : Play Off - 1st Leg

Roo69
12/11/2009, 3:44 PM
Stephen Brennan and John Muloy are both suspended for Friday nights match, full squad to pick from other than that. McCabe and Foran back in contention to play from the start which can only be good news for us really.

Hopefully Massey and Byrne will come back into the squad, i'd actually like to see both players in from the start.

Do Fingal have a full squad or do they have any injuries or suspensions?

My starting line up, for what its worth is...

GK - Skippy

RB - Pender
CB - Deans
CB - Foran
LB - Massey

DCM - Mulcahy

RM - Coughlan
CM - Shields
CM - Doyle
LM - McCabe

ST - Byrne

notever
12/11/2009, 8:43 PM
I feel we could do with Foran back in defence and release Mulcahy for midfield duties where we were very lacking on Tuesday night.I would leave Cronin at full back and have Massey wide on the left and have Shields and Mulcahy at the centre of midfield with Byrne and Flood up front Coughlan wide on right.......its the final throw of the dice and we need it to fall favouraby for us......we certaintly need to have something to play for on Monday night.....

naoise kennedy
12/11/2009, 9:01 PM
if it comes to it, do away goals count as double..

The Fox
12/11/2009, 11:08 PM
I feel we could do with Foran back in defence and release Mulcahy for midfield duties where we were very lacking on Tuesday night.I would leave Cronin at full back and have Massey wide on the left and have Shields and Mulcahy at the centre of midfield with Byrne and Flood up front Coughlan wide on right.......its the final throw of the dice and we need it to fall favouraby for us......we certaintly need to have something to play for on Monday night.....

I think McCabe needs to start - to be honest I think Eddie got things wrong in Drogheda - 3 tinys guys up front and high inaccurate balls from Cronin doesnt work - If we are playing long ball you need either Byrne or Foran up there to fight for it.

O'Connor
Pender
Foran
Deans
Massey
Coughlan
Shields
Mulcahy
McCabe
Flood
Byrne

Reyas
Tresson
Kelly
Doyle
O'Niell

Hulsey
12/11/2009, 11:21 PM
I think McCabe needs to start - to be honest I think Eddie got things wrong in Drogheda - 3 tinys guys up front and high inaccurate balls from Cronin doesnt work - If we are playing long ball you need either Byrne or Foran up there to fight for it.

O'Connor
Pender
Foran
Deans
Massey
Coughlan
Shields
Mulcahy
McCabe
Flood
Byrne

Reyas
Tresson
Kelly
Doyle
O'Niell

Bang on with the team choice. Cronin wouldn't be able for the attacking threat of Byrne and Kirby, Imo Massey would do a more competant job. Brennan won't be a loss to the side as after Shields went off on Tuesday our midfield was shown up to be lacking. No creativity from either him or Doyle. Shields and Mulcahy seem to be better at both handling themselves in a midfield battle and also seem to be better distribution wise. Long balls haven't worked for us this year, a mixture off balls into Flood and Byrnes feet and chests with coughlan and Mc Cabe following up to help out would be the most effective way going forward.
Defensive wise we need both Massey and Pender on top form as this is where Fingal are strongest. They need to keep crosses into the box to a minimum as this was what hurt us most in the semi-final.

Bray Head
13/11/2009, 8:37 AM
if it comes to it, do away goals count as double..

Away goals are not double. Its aggregate scores. Extra time and peno's if they are still level.

lowflyingseagul
13/11/2009, 2:03 PM
TG4
19:30 Sacar Beo
Live coverage of the match between Sporting Fingal v Bray Wanderers, Beo ó Morton Stadium, Santry. Presented by Gráinne McElwain with commentary and analysis by Garry Mac Donncha and Charlie McGeever

Roo69
14/11/2009, 10:59 AM
2 nil down from the 1st leg, it's a massive ask, but if we can be 1 up going into the last 20 minutes we have a chance of bringing it to extra time.

The lads played very well last night considering the conditions (the match should have never gone ahead IMO) Says it all when their keeper is MOTM, hitting the woodwork 3 times and when we finally do beat the keeper it sticks in the mud, just no luck at all last night. Hopfully Fingal used all theirs up last night !