PDA

View Full Version : k1 eurosport last night

the 12 th man
02/03/2004, 8:27 AM
i know eurosport is gone from a lot of tv areas but im just wondering did anyoner see the k1 fights last night 1st march on eurosport.some of them were going back a bit (in time)but it was real quality fighting.i would watch this any day over boxing or karate on tv.anybody else interested in k 1.

liamon
02/03/2004, 8:41 AM
I'd never heard of it before, but I watched it last night. Mad stuff. Absolute lunatics taking part. Most of them looked like they had no sense of pain. That blond french guy ( Le something) fighting the heavy NZ(?) guy was one of the most amazing fights I've ever seen.

Wonderful. I'm hooked. Where can you see more of it?

Pity Eurospot can't afford a decent commentator though

the 12 th man
02/03/2004, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by liamon

Wonderful. I'm hooked. Where can you see more of it?

Pity Eurospot can't afford a decent commentator though

it sounds like the commentary was added in later which always makes it sound dodgy.that big french guy is jerome le bonner who
is an absolute legend in k1.did you see the bit when mike tyson got in the ring to meet the fighters,absolute mayhem ensued.

the quality of fighting is top class and its on fairly regularly on eurosport (if you still have it)

for anyone who hasnt seen it.k1 is full contact fighting using everything bar head and elbow/i.e knees feet etc allowed