PDA

View Full Version : Chris Turner signs for Rovers

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 2:58 PM
Chris signed today for Sligo Rovers and will be in the singing section for the Cup Final.

CF1989
11/11/2009, 3:00 PM
heard this today alright ;) wasnt sure whether to fully believe it just yet. still not 100% sure with some of your humourous posts kevin L ;)

Rovers1
11/11/2009, 3:07 PM
Chris signed today for Sligo Rovers and will be in the singing section for the Cup Final.

**** Turner! When's Brian Tosh coming back???:confused:

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 3:10 PM
Maybe I got "sing" and "sign" mixed up but if it's for the "signing" section he has "signed" for, then he has to do an audition-sorry.

CarrickFan
11/11/2009, 3:11 PM
**** Turner! When's Brian Tosh coming back???:confused:

Was that the little blonde mop top lad??....Turner would be a good signing in a position we need strenghtening(!)

Rovers1
11/11/2009, 3:30 PM
...Turner would be a good signing in a position we need strenghtening(!)

So would Tosh!!

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 3:31 PM
Rory,

If he's signed, he's signed.
Statement is released but the lads doing the website are on the beer!

RoversInn
11/11/2009, 3:38 PM
So we 'signed' Chris Turner from Dundalk and will be playing for us next season?

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 3:39 PM
Rory,

I just had a look at his biog and I can safely say we can waive the audition for the singing section.
I just need to confirm that with Alan and Sean!!

It's not easy Rory, is it?!!

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 3:40 PM
Rovers Inn,

In a nutshell!!

avvenalaf
11/11/2009, 3:46 PM
Rovers Inn,

In a nutshell!!

Good stuff, Kevin. Who's your dealer?

akearins
11/11/2009, 3:52 PM
All headers welcome in the singing section......mentalers only need apply

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 3:52 PM
When you sort out your table, I'll deal you in!!

akearins
11/11/2009, 4:00 PM
I'M already in............

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 4:04 PM
Alan, That's in relation to Avvenalaf - it looks like I'm stuck with a brown table with a wonky leg!!

sligored
11/11/2009, 4:07 PM
if this is true it would send out a serious signal of intent for next year.
I think this could be the clincher when starting contract negotiations with the likes of raf peers and boco.

showgies
11/11/2009, 4:08 PM
Bloody excellent piece of work Cookie....

SRFCbrothelutd
11/11/2009, 4:14 PM
Confirmed and in talks with another, Derry winger by all accounts!!!

Rovers1
11/11/2009, 4:15 PM
Great signing, statement of intent surely! This means hopefully that Cook is staying and he's making big plans for next year. Nice to think we may have got one over Michael O' Neill!!

Only1Rovers
11/11/2009, 4:16 PM
One of the best players in the League! I'm delighted he does the the dirty work and is just the type of player we need. If we had him back for the season past we'd be in a very different position. Welcome back Chrissy!

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 4:16 PM
its on sligo rovers website so must be true. really hope it is as he would be brilliant signing . i thought he was immense last year. if we can keep what we have and get a few more in we could really push next year. this shows great vision from the club and hope we are building into a top 4 club. if ya took our form from final 3rd of the season this year there is no doubt we can be a top 4 club

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 4:21 PM
Lads,

Paul Cook is our Manager and is going nowhere.

By the way Rory, did you get a chance to google "Christopher Turner" - that's why I dont think he needs to audition!!

Great signing by the way and hopefully a few more to come.

Only1Rovers
11/11/2009, 4:24 PM
Great signing, statement of intent surely! This means hopefully that Cook is staying and he's making big plans for next year. Nice to think we may have got one over Michael O' Neill!!

Cook said he was committed to the club next season last week.

avvenalaf
11/11/2009, 4:24 PM
When you sort out your table, I'll deal you in!!

What's with the wonky leg? Sue DHL. The dealer assured me there was nothing wrong with the table. His exact words were......

Perfect table, boss.

unclekev
11/11/2009, 4:25 PM
Ya well done Cookie and the board who backed him. Turner is a super signing. Really shows the intent of the Club for next season. Things are moving up a step for the bit o red I feel

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 4:26 PM
Great signing by the way and hopefully a few more to come.

Unreal. Best piece of business by Rovers since bringing Cook to the club.
A statement of intent by Cook anyways, hopefully will encourage others to stay.

MMVIII
11/11/2009, 4:29 PM
So this is 100% definitley true? Club can confirm this apart from the piece Rory put up?

Sorry if it has been done to the death

If so, he's a brilliant signing.

Boo_Boy
11/11/2009, 4:30 PM
Feck yes!

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 4:35 PM
Let's get to the Showgrounds and out trump this.

nXCtsxzXBKg

CF1989
11/11/2009, 4:39 PM
sligoman i told you so

MMVIII
11/11/2009, 4:44 PM
Wouldn't put it on the site if there wasn't several confirmations from the club commitee members.

Taught as much. Thanks :)

DELIGHTED

CF1989
11/11/2009, 4:48 PM
Wouldn't put it on the site if there wasn't several confirmations from the club commitee members.

Was kevin's post not convincing enough?

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 4:48 PM

Twas kept well under wraps.
Fair play to the MC and all involved.

DonalE
11/11/2009, 4:50 PM

What did they teach you on the first day in GCD? Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 4:53 PM
if we teach him how to clap he will def be odds on favourite for forza player of the year next year with his commitment...................... only joking !!!! before all forza lads attack me lol

CF1989
11/11/2009, 4:56 PM
fantastic news though. hopefully with a signing like this it will show any players wanting to leave that we're a good club to be at,big turner-around since the start of the season not filling a bench

Rovers1
11/11/2009, 5:01 PM
What did they teach you on the first day in GCD?

How to be slighty racist without making it obvious and the inverted pyramid.

MMVIII
11/11/2009, 5:01 PM
if we teach him how to clap he will def be odds on favourite for forza player of the year next year with his commitment...................... only joking !!!! before all forza lads attack me lol

Will you ever f*** off

Only Joking :D

sligofan4ever
11/11/2009, 5:03 PM
Tought this was some sort of wind up at first. Fair fcuks to the Cook and all involved in bringing Turner here, this will be his best bit of business since Alan Keane! We all want new players here, but first things first, lets get our key players on new contracts. This club has been on an upward curve since coming out of financial difficutly and this is a fine example if we can bring a player of his calibre (again), blossomed into a fine player here and was Dundalk's best player by a country mile this season.

sligofan4ever
11/11/2009, 5:10 PM
If there was one player you'd pick to sign it would be Turner but didn't think we could get him. Fantastic business.

Some chops and changes already to be tought about though. Does the Ventre-O' Grady partnership break up ? does Ventre drop into defence ? its great theres finally midfield competition for this club now, set your minds back to June when there wasn't even competition to be on the bench. So much for the "Turner in pre contract talks with Shams", eh :rolleyes: Never tought we'd see him in a Rovers jersey again.

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 5:11 PM
Some chops and changes already to be tought about though. Does the Ventre-O' Grady partnership break up ? does Ventre drop into defence ? its great theres finally midfield competition for this club now, set your minds back to June when there wasn't even competition to be on the bench. So much for the "Turner in pre contract talks with Shams", eh :rolleyes: Never tought we'd see him in a Rovers jersey again.

Ventre/O'Grady and Chris Turner. Think of that for a midfield combo.:D

BohsPartisan
11/11/2009, 5:19 PM
Great signing. I'm probably one of the few Bohs fans who actually rated him in his time with us though he never really delivered on his potential back then.

sligofan4ever
11/11/2009, 5:19 PM
Ventre/O'Grady and Chris Turner. Think of that for a midfield combo.:D

---------------Brush------------------
Boco----Peers-----Keane-----Kendrick
--------------Ventre--------------------
Cash(?)---------------------------Doyle
---------O'Grady--Turner-------------
---------------Raff--------------------

Or something along those lines ? then that also breaks up the Raff-Blinkhorn formation, its going to be hard to predict the starting 11 already.

CarrickFan
11/11/2009, 5:29 PM

Chris Turner or Danny Ventre in midfield.....only one answer...frees up Danny to play in one of the full back positions where i think he's great.

CF1989
11/11/2009, 5:34 PM
Chris Turner or Danny Ventre in midfield.....only one answer...

sorry chris...

Red4Eva
11/11/2009, 5:34 PM
Much like RoryH, if I had to pick 1 player to sign it would be Turner. We were very close to signing him last year so Cookie is obviously a huge fan. Congratulations to Cookie and the MC.

brianw82
11/11/2009, 5:45 PM
Confirmed and in talks with another, Derry winger by all accounts!!!

Could that be Gareth McGlynn? Would love to see him at the club!

CarrickFan
11/11/2009, 5:53 PM
sorry chris...

there is none so blind as those that cannot see!!!...

CF1989
11/11/2009, 5:53 PM
poww gewwy an lawwy are heartbwoken and all you can think about is cwis tuwnerrr being a gweat signin fow sligo wowvews

Redkenrover
11/11/2009, 5:57 PM
Fantastic news. Absolutely delighted. Great player