PDA

View Full Version : French "stars" arrive at hotel...

Duggie
11/11/2009, 10:57 AM
seen on the sports bulletin this morning showing the french team arriving to paps and red carpet treatment to their paris hotel. i just thought come on lads we have to beat these and send them packing. did anyone else feel this? really annoyed me

CJTheGull
11/11/2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah we are definitely the under dogs - I have a felling we are going about this in the right manner - low key with a quiet inner confidence.

The French are the stars here all right but we don't even have to look to the David v Goliath. Ireland v England EURO '88, Ireland v Italy USA '94 and Ireland v Holland back in 2001.

We can do it!

dr_peepee
11/11/2009, 11:42 AM
seen on the sports bulletin this morning showing the french team arriving to paps and red carpet treatment to their paris hotel. i just thought come on lads we have to beat these and send them packing. did anyone else feel this? really annoyed me

Felt the exact same thing...

Greenforever
11/11/2009, 12:20 PM

Anyidea where they are staying in Dublin, wouldnt it be great to roll out a GREEN carpet for them when they arrive and have AidoM greet them with his new little flags:D:D

GreenStar
11/11/2009, 12:23 PM
Anyidea where they are staying in Dublin, wouldnt it be great to roll out a GREEN carpet for them when they arrive and have AidoM greet them with his new little flags:D:D

Last time they were here they stayed at the Radisson Hotel on the Stillorgan Road. Mind you, that was for proximity to Lansdowne Road so they may well change to somewhere Northside.

Metrostars
11/11/2009, 1:14 PM
Fans in Dublin need to do what they always do in South America, that is to go to their hotel at all hours honking horns etc.

Mise Le Mas
11/11/2009, 2:02 PM
Last time they were here they stayed at the Radisson Hotel on the Stillorgan Road. Mind you, that was for proximity to Lansdowne Road so they may well change to somewhere Northside.
Yea that's where they are staying this time also!

jbyrne
11/11/2009, 2:09 PM

id say they dont think for a second that they will lose to us. we are up against it ok but if they are complacent we can take advantage of it

stojkovic
11/11/2009, 7:00 PM
Fans in Dublin need to do what they always do in South America, that is to go to their hotel at all hours honking horns etc.

I think a few fire alarms in the hotel need to go off at 3am dont you.

old git
11/11/2009, 7:41 PM

would it not also be nice to irish team getting same treatment when arriving at their hotel here and paris .. wonder will the fai splash out :D

Crosby87
11/11/2009, 11:32 PM
I think a few fire alarms in the hotel need to go off at 3am dont you.

:)
Read my mind mate!!
Where's Maradona and his cigars when you need them?

SuperDave
12/11/2009, 12:50 PM
would it not also be nice to irish team getting same treatment when arriving at their hotel here and paris .. wonder will the fai splash out :D

unlikely. they'll probably fly over on the day of the game..... would you be surprised? i wouldn't!

scratch that actually.... they'll more likely be on the overnight boat from rosslare.

elroy
12/11/2009, 1:03 PM
No doubt not true but funny nonetheless:

http://irishsoccerinsider.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/french-and-irish-fall-out-over-box-incident/

frenchfan
12/11/2009, 1:14 PM
Hi there,
I, french supporter, really hope Ireland will win at Croke Park....on sunday against Australia (rugby test match)!!!
We have booked an hotel in Dublin, maybe we should inform that we also would like a red carpet...
Wish us all to see a great game in a fantastic stadium!

Jacky08
12/11/2009, 2:35 PM
Are they staying in the SKYLON

paul_oshea
12/11/2009, 2:51 PM
Frenchfan have you any fit froggie female companions with you?

Scram
12/11/2009, 4:55 PM
Frenchfan have you any fit froggie female companions with you?

Excuse the "Froggie" comment, he's been in England too long! (although his family say not long enough)
:D

geysir
12/11/2009, 5:30 PM
Not long enough to clean off the smell of hay.