PDA

View Full Version : Anelka is SCARED!!!

Scram
10/11/2009, 8:18 AM
Anelka is SCARED!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_5686090,00.html (http://http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_5686090,00.html)

Nicolas Anelka admits the Republic of Ireland are good enough to end his dream of appearing in a World Cup finals.

The Frenchman has endured a World Cup hoodoo throughout his career having missed out on making his country's squad for the 1998, 2002 and 2006 finals, despite being a regular on the international scene.

Hopefully he has the fear of never playing in a World Cup in his mind constantly through the game, may be just enough to put him off his scoring chance. He is definitely a player heavily influenced by mindset.

Murfinator
10/11/2009, 8:59 AM
I doubt he'll be playing so I couldn't give a crap if he's scared or not.

tetsujin1979
10/11/2009, 10:17 AM
why do you think he won't start?
I reckon it'll be Anelka and Henry either side of Benzema

RonnieB
10/11/2009, 10:18 AM

Oh great now I am scared!

First
10/11/2009, 10:21 AM
I miss read the thread title as sacred and thought what the fc.. ,footballers on pedestals has got out of hand.

elroy
10/11/2009, 10:36 AM

I thought Anelka has been first choice in the middle with Henry and Gignac either side. This has been the case in their recent big games i.e. V Romania and Serbia.

Scram
10/11/2009, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfinator

Joe, why would you reply to such an idiotic uninformed post?

Crosby87
10/11/2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:

They are coming out of the wood work the last ten days!!!
If its not arguing about a Player who is not even in the squad its this stuff.
It is a bad thing when I am a center of intelligence and normality, let me tell you.

back of the net
10/11/2009, 11:59 AM

in dublin i think it will be anelka and henry either side of gignac(if hes fit - think he took a knock over the w/e )

unless due to injuries , we may not see as much of benzema as we think

Claret Murph
10/11/2009, 12:13 PM
Don't believe all that is wrote , the French will be ready for these games and so will we .

Scram
10/11/2009, 12:23 PM
Don't believe all that is wrote , the French will be ready for these games and so will we .

Absolutement! Still good to hear that Anelka is at least anxious.

Guidedbyvoices
10/11/2009, 12:46 PM
They are coming out of the wood work the last ten days!!!
If its not arguing about a Player who is not even in the squad its this stuff.
It is a bad thing when I am a center of intelligence and normality, let me tell you.

What is he? Odd! I think the biggest one came out of the woodwork in August '08. YOU!

Stuttgart88
10/11/2009, 1:54 PM
Jeepers, talk about coming out of the woodwork. GBV, have you been allowed out specially for the game?

geysir
10/11/2009, 2:00 PM
A hospital pass.

Emmet7
10/11/2009, 2:17 PM
This is all part of the mind games.

It's like the Kerry GAA supporters and players saying they are afraid of certain teams, when they know they aren't.

I think France will have a gameplan, a very very attacking game plan. Their aim will be to kill the tie in Dublin, probably in the first half by scoring a minimum of 2 goals. They will commit everything to this and even if they concede a few goals in Croker it won't matter too much to them.

We mustn't be dragged out into the open or a slugging match to use boxing parlance. We should keep our guard up, keep it tight. Andrews and Whelan will have to play the game of their lives. The wingers will have to double their normal work rate to track back and double up.

We mustn't concede even one away goal.

ParkLife
10/11/2009, 2:26 PM
This is all part of the mind games.

It's like the Kerry GAA supporters and players saying they are afraid of certain teams, when they know they aren't.

I think France will have a gameplan, a very very attacking game plan. Their aim will be to kill the tie in Dublin, probably in the first half by scoring a minimum of 2 goals. They will commit everything to this and even if they concede a few goals in Croker it won't matter too much to them.

We mustn't be dragged out into the open or a slugging match to use boxing parlance. We should keep our guard up, keep it tight. Andrews and Whelan will have to play the game of their lives. The wingers will have to double their normal work rate to track back and double up.

We mustn't concede even one away goal.

Post of the day....That's exactly what needs to be done.....

Scram
10/11/2009, 5:17 PM
Post of the day....That's exactly what needs to be done.....

Yes, especially considering it's obvious to every man and his dog!!

Razors left peg
10/11/2009, 6:12 PM
Id much prefer if they werent coming out with statements about being scared and were saying they were expecting to get through no problem. We dont want the French players 100% focused and motivated. I would prefer if they looked at us a bit of a soft touch and we could surprise them a bit.

But Im just getting more and more nervous as the game aproaches and hoping for any small advantage we can get

Fizzer
10/11/2009, 6:29 PM
But Im just getting more and more nervous as the game aproaches and hoping for any small advantage we can get[/QUOTE]

Same here, only Tuesday and the stomach's in knots with the thoughts of the games. Just want to get Saturday out of the way, hopefully keep it goalless and have a go at them in Paris.

carloz
10/11/2009, 6:31 PM

Agreed. But i think we really should create an atmosphere that will intimidate them a tad

M@ttitude
10/11/2009, 7:14 PM
A bit off topic but did you see Domenech getting booed today at some event in France, the camera showed Henry and Anelka laughing!! Repeated all day on SkySN.

Murfinator
10/11/2009, 10:14 PM
Quote:

Ha ha, the irony here made me laugh I'll admit. :rolleyes:

France never play Henry, Benzema and Anelka on the same team and for good reason. They'll possibly play either Henry/Benzema in a wide role with Gignac/Govou/Malouda on the other side.

old git
10/11/2009, 10:19 PM
Oh great now I am scared!

why you scared we have o'shea / dunne / st ledger / and killier kilbane to sort them out :D

paul_oshea
10/11/2009, 10:31 PM
In fairness, even with all my singing, im not going to be able do a great deal from the stands!!!

stojkovic
10/11/2009, 10:38 PM

Could be worse, it could be Kluivert, van Nistelrooy, Overmars (van Hoojdonk) and Zenden (Hasselbaank) ;)

Predator
10/11/2009, 11:08 PM
Anelka's playing mind games, to be honest.

SuperDave
12/11/2009, 12:24 PM
Could be worse, it could be Kluivert, van Nistelrooy, Overmars (van Hoojdonk) and Zenden (Hasselbaank) ;)

Hopefully they do play with four strikers and no midfielders.... worked for the dutch....

Scram
16/11/2009, 6:30 PM
Ha ha, the irony here made me laugh I'll admit. :rolleyes:

France never play Henry, Benzema and Anelka on the same team and for good reason. They'll possibly play either Henry/Benzema in a wide role with Gignac/Govou/Malouda on the other side.

Are you still laughing and rolling your eyes, genius? My 8 year old niece could have told you Anelka would be starting, based on form and recent team selections.

Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for France, they didn't have your spectacular insight to refer to in team selection!

Murfinator
16/11/2009, 6:59 PM
Everyone was surprised it was Anelka chosen over Benzema, don't give me that.

paul_oshea
16/11/2009, 7:01 PM
they weren't murfinator in fairness.

Acornvilla
16/11/2009, 7:13 PM
i think every french forward on form bar henry (undropable) deserved his place in the team so there was no suprises really? someone had to be left out and it seems domenech made the right decision

irishfan86
16/11/2009, 7:16 PM
Anelka was phenomenal- I didn't realize he was capable of dropping into midfield and pulling the strings the way he did.

Considering the form he is in for Chelsea, and the form Benzema isn't in at Madrid, I think it's an understandable choice from Domenech.

newrynyuk
16/11/2009, 7:24 PM
It pains me to say it, but Anelka was man of the match on Saturday. The way he dropped back in midfield, held the back and waited for openings, and generally pulled the strings.

As for the deflected goal, as has been pointed out elsewhere, he's obviously learnt a thing or two from Frank Lampard...

byrner01
16/11/2009, 7:26 PM
I agree, i think Anelka was class

back of the net
16/11/2009, 9:45 PM
Everyone was surprised it was Anelka chosen over Benzema, don't give me that.

in fairness murf , a good number of posters on here said domenech would start with anelka ,gignac and henry and leave benzema on the bench
We wont been seeing that much of benzema unless there is a big injury crisis btwn now and wednesday

back of the net
16/11/2009, 9:46 PM
It pains me to say it, but Anelka was man of the match on Saturday. The way he dropped back in midfield, held the back and waited for openings, and generally pulled the strings.

As for the deflected goal, as has been pointed out elsewhere, he's obviously learnt a thing or two from Frank Lampard...

yeah anelka was a class apart from every other player on the pitch....absolutely outstanding