PDA

View Full Version : songs

oú est j.cotter
01/03/2004, 2:14 PM
I've just been at an incredibly boring lecture during which i decided my time might be better spent writing a song. I don't know if the shed could manage this, but it might be worth a lash. To the tune of The Frank and Walters 'Colours'

i know a club my favourite side replace their colours all the time, why do they change, been going now for twenty years they've played in various coloured gears, they're cork city,

they wore red jerseys sometimes they wore red jerseys sometimes it's the colour of our city it's the change that has made me pine
where's it gone everybody, where's it gone everybody, it just went overnight yes it just went overnight, it's the red thay want to hide, cause the red that they ignore is the red that we adore

they matched bayern munich wearing white then wore pyjamas for a while, and won the league, then back to white and on to red they won some cups, played in kiev, and now they're green,

they wore red jerseys sometimes they wore red jerseys sometimes it's the colour of our city it's the change that has made me pine
where's it gone everybody, where's it gone everybody, it just went overnight yes it just went overnight, it's the red thay want to hide, cause the red that they ignore is the red that we adore

what's the colour of blood, what's the colour of life,
what's the colour of cork standing on the leeside,
watch the colours all changing as the seasons go by,
tell me why they can't understand it's red we like......

Pablo
01/03/2004, 2:19 PM
Fair play about the song and all but City's colour is green. green has always been the soccer colour apart from the temporary blip into redness!

oú est j.cotter
01/03/2004, 2:27 PM
ya I know, just getting a bit nostalgic for old seasons. still though a few good chants first appeared on this board last season, thought I'd throw in a suggestion for the one about to start.

A face
01/03/2004, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by oú est j.cotter
ya I know, just getting a bit nostalgic for old seasons. still though a few good chants first appeared on this board last season, thought I'd throw in a suggestion for the one about to start.

Fair play !!

jofyisgod
01/03/2004, 5:51 PM
How about, on a simpler note, a chant of C-C-F-C during quiet parts of the game. Would sound good on TV (if we're ever on) and with the drums, would be mad in general. Worth a try anyway.

tiktok
01/03/2004, 8:24 PM
ou est j.cotter

first off, brilliant name, memories of chanting Jean Coteeer in a French accent in Lausanne :D :D

send that to the fourfiveone boys, I think it's absolutely cracking, top class, even if we just sang the chorus it's be brilliant. Loved it!

A face
01/03/2004, 9:34 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
a chant of C-C-F-C ........ with the drums.

You might be onto something there alright !!

Éanna
02/03/2004, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
How about, on a simpler note, a chant of C-C-F-C during quiet parts of the game. Would sound good on TV (if we're ever on) and with the drums, would be mad in general. Worth a try anyway.
we tried a version of that before. When we were chanting Pat Dolan's Rebel Army, we sang "Pat Dolan's Rebel Army" and then "C-C-F-C" accompanied by the drums. It never took off though cos people got confused between it and the other chant thats so similar. It is a good once if you can get it going though

yur man
02/03/2004, 10:04 PM
to the YMCA tune :D

Football, is the sport that’s for me
We love football, and we love Cork City
The place to be, is down at the cross
So just get your ass on down there

This year, we’ve got warmth and the sun
We got big flags, and big noisy drums
When we score one, we scream out our lungs
Theres no stop-ping all our young guns

You got to go n watch C C F C
The only team to watch C C F C
If you want to watch Dubs, plus a couple of clubs
Always go on back home with no points

You got to go n watch C C F C
The only team to watch C C F C
So switch off your tv, and get down there and scream
That theres only one City

jofyisgod
03/03/2004, 5:33 PM
Brilliant.

Would be great if it caught on, can imagine it now...
Try and get it printed on de back of 451.