PDA

View Full Version : MNS 9 Nov

Pages : [1] 2

thischarmingman
09/11/2009, 7:01 PM
Can't think they'd have much to talk about this week.

brianw82
09/11/2009, 7:02 PM
4 mins past 8 and still a 'commercial break' notice for me?

Oh wait, there it is!

thischarmingman
09/11/2009, 7:03 PM
Penultimate MNS of the season, my mistake.

LeixlipRed
09/11/2009, 7:16 PM
Fran reckons the "pitches are good". Well all it's all ok so!

A face
09/11/2009, 7:17 PM
Fran Gavin, to be fair is speaking very well.

OneRedArmy
09/11/2009, 7:17 PM
......and Rovers, they're good too.

Boo_Boy
09/11/2009, 7:23 PM
Benin?!

Sicuani
09/11/2009, 7:23 PM
Why is the scrolling text on the right referencing GAA teams?

holidaysong
09/11/2009, 7:28 PM
Would that be the Benin national team? I take it Connor took Boco to Sligo did he?

ForzaForth
09/11/2009, 7:28 PM
Benin = an island off the coast of Donegal near Rockall.

tippex
09/11/2009, 7:30 PM
I have to say that interview with Delaney is pretty damning.
Fair play to Con asking some difficult questions.

Mr A
09/11/2009, 7:31 PM
Jeez, Delaney especially is seriously not taking any crap on the Derry issue and made it very clear that they are up for it if Wellvan want to take the legal route.

Both him and Gavin came across well.

Boo_Boy
09/11/2009, 7:31 PM
Would that be the Benin national team? I take it Connor took Boco to Sligo did he?

No and No.
There's no way they would part ways with their coach after he lead them to the African Nations Cup, although they could do a Dundalk..

centre mid
09/11/2009, 7:37 PM
good goal from "Brian" Dennehy there for Cork

Boo_Boy
09/11/2009, 7:38 PM
No good scoring when the team didn't win?

Oh jesus.

CarrickFan
09/11/2009, 7:54 PM

No he did not.

Boo_Boy
09/11/2009, 7:58 PM
I thought Alan Keane's goal v Dundalk would have been in there.

brianw82
09/11/2009, 8:03 PM
I thought Alan Keane's goal v Dundalk would have been in there.

It was each GOTM that they showed, except McGowan's. Keane's didn't win GOTM.

thischarmingman
09/11/2009, 8:04 PM

Ta, that answers my own "Why didn't they show...?" question. :)

holidaysong
09/11/2009, 8:05 PM
McGowan has to win it.

Boo_Boy
09/11/2009, 8:05 PM

Ah ok, missed that bit.

Angus
09/11/2009, 8:06 PM
Jeez, Delaney especially is seriously not taking any crap on the Derry issue and made it very clear that they are up for it if Wellvan want to take the legal route.

Agree - I am sure there is more to this than meets the eye but the FAI have been threatening this and it is beyond idiocy to hoodwink the FAI to allow yourself to pay more money than you can afford

A face
09/11/2009, 8:38 PM

Oh jesus.

ha ha

micls
09/11/2009, 8:40 PM

Oh jesus.

What was wrong with that? He was obviously asked if he was happy to score but was more worried about the fact that they were in the relegation playoff for not winning.

Seemed a fair comment.

dublinred
09/11/2009, 9:25 PM

No its Ben n Jerrys he seems to have done a lot of product research recently judging by his belly.

gufc2000
09/11/2009, 9:38 PM
Just a few observations:

No comments made about our result. But we're used to that we don't exist in the MNS world. We rarely get a mention.

According to Con, once Pats won they were safe. This wasn't the case, Pats needed to win and hope results went their way

It obviously hasn't occurred to them that Kildare County went bust.

sonofstan
09/11/2009, 9:42 PM
Just a few observations:

No comments made about our result. But we're used to that we don't exist in the MNS world. We rarely get a mention.

According to Con, once Pats won they were safe. This wasn't the case, Pats needed to win and hope results went their way

It obviously hasn't occurred to them that Kildare County went bust.

You guys auditioning for the 'MOPE' role now that Derry are gone?

forza rovers
09/11/2009, 9:43 PM
Just a few observations:

It obviously hasn't occurred to them that Kildare County went bust.if its not about shams con is not interested,Tony would be a better presenter imo as he is unbiased and always has a good word about the league in general

gufc2000
09/11/2009, 9:48 PM
if its not about shams con is not interested,Tony would be a better presenter imo as he is unbiased and always has a good word about the league in general
Agreed, Tony has a better understanding.

Flexy
09/11/2009, 9:55 PM
Delaney and Gavin are wasters in suits, Derry deserve to be relegated but so do a number of other teams. They say 20 contracted players at derry have 2nd contracts, prove it then. Why have they asked dcfc players to come forward who have 2nd contracts. If they had the evidence then the players needen come forward. If they dont come forward they cant sign for another team in the whole of ireland, what a load of garbage. Delaney has been looking for this excuse for sometime to get rid of Derry and have a FAD PREMIER LEAGUE ( Football Association of Dublin League ), what Delaney forgets is that before he was even in power DCFC kept a lot of LOI clubs in business with their away support over the years, in cup competitions every team wanted to play Derry, hes a miserable man whos face will crack at the thought of a smile. My wifes french and i woz looking forward to the game this Saturday, but now my allegance wll be with Les Bleus, and will only laugh at Delaney when we dont get to the world cup as the man is an absolute lying clown. Never liked him and hate him even more now

Flexy
09/11/2009, 9:57 PM
And Darren Quigley better not set foot in Derry again

sligored
09/11/2009, 9:57 PM
McGowan has to win it.

Cant believe i am agreeing with a dundalk fan on something but that was a quality finish.
Unless mark farren gets the sympathy vote as i think his was the 2nd best

OneRedArmy
09/11/2009, 10:28 PM
Delaney and Gavin are wasters in suits, Derry deserve to be relegated but so do a number of other teams. They say 20 contracted players at derry have 2nd contracts, prove it then. Why have they asked dcfc players to come forward who have 2nd contracts. If they had the evidence then the players needen come forward. If they dont come forward they cant sign for another team in the whole of ireland, what a load of garbage. Delaney has been looking for this excuse for sometime to get rid of Derry and have a FAD PREMIER LEAGUE ( Football Association of Dublin League ), what Delaney forgets is that before he was even in power DCFC kept a lot of LOI clubs in business with their away support over the years, in cup competitions every team wanted to play Derry, hes a miserable man whos face will crack at the thought of a smile. My wifes french and i woz looking forward to the game this Saturday, but now my allegance wll be with Les Bleus, and will only laugh at Delaney when we dont get to the world cup as the man is an absolute lying clown. Never liked him and hate him even more nowWill you come back on here and admit you were wrong, if or when you're proved wrong? You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

gael353
09/11/2009, 10:35 PM
did ye see the 9 o clock news? delaney leaving a warning shot to the derry legal chalange which will now vanish. a club taking legal action against the fai is like hitting a three with an ice pop stick and no bluff will tell me differant.should be on the late news as well so watch for it there

Brian Boru
09/11/2009, 10:49 PM
Con was negative deriding the league; the state of the grounds etc etc. He was negative. The league is of good standard. Eg Pats ( average LoI team ) tremendous run in Europe, Bohs should have beaten Salzburg etc. Objective proof. The crowds are lacking, thats all. Does he expect we should have grounds like the Emirates in Sligo, Bray etc. There is very little wrong with the league. Given that the poor attendances are the only reasonable flaws it's a sad day when the best supported team is put out of business. No matter what the board did the supporters don't deserve that. There had to be another way. A fine and points deduction. Impetuously getting rid of a well supported team from a proud city without an investigation is lunacy.

MariborKev
09/11/2009, 10:52 PM

Personally, tonight leaves me with a bitter taste.

A, as you well know I have no sympathy for the Derry board but today's events were all to neat and tidy for my liking. Derry aren't showing anything bar the Quigley contract, yet TOD and the rest of the MNS audience get the see a figure of €337k, bank statements, copies of contracts etc?

If the FAI had the evidence, it was bad form not to show them it on Saturday.

Dodge
09/11/2009, 11:05 PM
I thought the figure was £37k. Stood out for me as I thought it was a paltry sum for 20 players off the books. If its €337 then thats a huge amount

Regardless of how much it is, its pretty hard to feel sorry for Derry, as a club, even if I feel desparately for their fans (bar Flexy, obviously) when they quite clearly lied to fAI about, at least, one players' contract

Longfordian
09/11/2009, 11:07 PM
Delaney definitely said €337k when he was going through the documentation, and it's on the RTE web report too.

Dodge
09/11/2009, 11:09 PM
Con was negative deriding the league; the state of the grounds etc etc. He was negative.

Couldn't agree more. Worst argument in the world is the "will we start again/from fresh?"

Start what exactly? Show me plans to improve grounds etc etc rahter than just pointing out our all too obvious flaws. Rather than just say "the crowds aren't coming", try to figure out why, and then tell me how to change it.

Every two bit journalist comes out with this crap as if the game here hasn't had rubbish crowds for the last 40 years.

Flexy
09/11/2009, 11:18 PM
Regardless of how much it is, its pretty hard to feel sorry for Derry, as a club, even if I feel desparately for their fans (bar Flexy, obviously) when they quite clearly lied to fAI about, at least, one players' contract[/QUOTE]
Dodge will you wake up, Derry are not the only team at this, a lot of chairman are bricking Derry got caught and im disgusted with the club, but will Delaney throw every club out that has been up to this. I said before and I will say again the fireworks on this have only just started, we will bring down other clubs with us.

SkStu
09/11/2009, 11:21 PM
who are the other clubs Flexy?

MariborKev
09/11/2009, 11:21 PM
Dodge will you wake up, Derry are not the only team at this, a lot of chairman are bricking Derry got caught and im disgusted with the club, but will Delaney throw every club out that has been up to this. I said before and I will say again the fireworks on this have only just started, we will bring down other clubs with us.

Flexy,

The Revenue audit a few years ago cleaned a lot of the rest of the clubs. Since we are under HMRC, we didn't go through that.

kdjaC
09/11/2009, 11:22 PM
we will bring down other clubs with us.

Any of the top 6 please.

Dodge
09/11/2009, 11:27 PM
I thought Derry's argument was that they didn't do anything wrong. Yours is that everyone is doing it?

Look after your own club, and if you can prove it about other clubs fire away

Réiteoir
10/11/2009, 12:14 AM
who are the other clubs Flexy?

Drumcondra, Kilkenny City, Transport, Thurles Town, Kildare County, Newcastlewest and Dublin City iirc

DJP09
10/11/2009, 3:37 AM
Regardless of how much it is, its pretty hard to feel sorry for Derry, as a club, even if I feel desparately for their fans (bar Flexy, obviously) when they quite clearly lied to fAI about, at least, one players' contract
Dodge will you wake up, Derry are not the only team at this, a lot of chairman are bricking Derry got caught and im disgusted with the club, but will Delaney throw every club out that has been up to this. I said before and I will say again the fireworks on this have only just started, we will bring down other clubs with us.[/QUOTE]

You in the PR business? if Derry are wrong they are wrong, maybe this will make others think twice but as a Derry fan I am only concerned that we are above board and fair.

I do think the FAI's handling of this is poor and showing documents to journalists whilst refusing Derry the same privilege is hardly a model of fair play. Likewise Delaneys reference to 'celebrity lawyer' is hardly becoming of a man in his position, points more to fear that Derry brought him in and did not roll over.

Likewise the request that players come forward and confess hardly leads one to believe that he has anymore than the one contract which he extrapolated to arrive at the 337K sum.

Candystripe
10/11/2009, 6:18 AM
Quick post.I was at the meeting last night and the only contract (the one to get us thrown out) was the first contract dealt with by the current board almost two years ago.

As it was the only piece of evidence Derry were allowed to see on Saturday at the Kangaroo court the F.A.I. seemed to have made a major blunder in that F.A.I. contracts have 4 pages in which the back page of the document given to Derry only had the 1st three pages,the back page was blank.

The back page of every F.A.I. contact includes in accordance with
term's 27 and 28. which null and voids any previous contract made by the player.

Seems that the F.A.I. may have seriously messed up which would make the threat to the Derry players to own up to make more sense.

Why would the F.A.I. need them to "own up" if they already had the evidence. Doesn't make sense????????????

Dodge
10/11/2009, 7:22 AM
Why are Derry fans so trusting of their board? Even before this story broke they'd lied to you about their finances? Why you so certain they're telling the truth about this?

OneRedArmy
10/11/2009, 8:17 AM
Quick post.I was at the meeting last night and the only contract (the one to get us thrown out) was the first contract dealt with by the current board almost two years ago.

As it was the only piece of evidence Derry were allowed to see on Saturday at the Kangaroo court the F.A.I. seemed to have made a major blunder in that F.A.I. contracts have 4 pages in which the back page of the document given to Derry only had the 1st three pages,the back page was blank.

term's 27 and 28. which null and voids any previous contract made by the player.

Seems that the F.A.I. may have seriously messed up which would make the threat to the Derry players to own up to make more sense.

Why would the F.A.I. need them to "own up" if they already had the evidence. Doesn't make sense????????????The Board refused to answer whether there were dual contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Horse
10/11/2009, 8:18 AM

Why would the F.A.I. need them to "own up" if they already had the evidence. Doesn't make sense????????????

First of all the FAI don't need to present evidence. They are the governing body not a court of law.

Secondly, my understanding is that the contracts submitted to the FAI were supercedded by other (more expensive) contracts, but that these contracts were not submitted to the FAI. In a legal sense the second contract is the relevent one and the first is null and void. The problem is not that there was a second contract. The problem is that it was not lodged with the governing body.

Thirdly, you are being fooled by political spin from a discredited board of directors.