PDA

View Full Version : max powers-enjoy buckfast

max power
01/03/2004, 12:11 PM
Ladies and gentlemen of the season 04, drink buckfast

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, drinking buckfast would be it….

The long term benefits of buckfast have been proved by winos, whereas the rest of my advice had no basis more reliable than my last chat with mad Tom….

I shall dispense this advice now…..

Enjoy the goalkeeping & pie eating of Digger; oh never mind; you will not understand the legend that is digger until he is gone…but trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of digger and recall in a second just how many pies he ate…..he is not as fat as you imagine…

Don’t worry about relegation; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve rovers stadium problem by talking to Brendan o’Carroll…the real troubles in your life are apt to be a lack of drinking money that will blind side you on some idle Saturday evening before a home game….

Posr one thing every day that annoys Macy & Xlex…..

Scratch

Don’t be reckless with other people’s chants, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours…

Clap

Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes de town are ahead, sometimes there behind…the season is long and in the end just be thankful your not from scumlone…

Keep old fanzines, throw away your old half time draw tickets…

Sing

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what to do with your Saturday night….the biggest drinkers I know don’t know what they want to do with their night by half time…some of the drunkest didn’t know by full time either..

Eat plenty of kebabs…..

Be kind to darragh Sheridan, you’ll miss him when he’s gone…

Maybe we’ll win the league, maybe we won’t, maybe Stewie will come back, maybe he won’t, maybe the fai will get their house in order, maybe we’ll dance on the streets after winning the cup for a second time…what ever you do, don’t live for last season for a new one approaches….our previous season is a memory ,so is everybody elses. Enjoy alcohol, have it as often as you can, don’t be afraid of it or if other people think you drink too much of it, it’s the greatest way to put up with having to listen to a cork city fan..

Dance…even if have nowhere to do it but outside Luigis..

Read the directions to the show grounds, even if you only make it to the pub..

Do not watch EL coverage on TV3…it will only make you feel sick….

Get to know limerick fans…you’ll never know when they’ll be gone for good..

Be nice to the stewards…they are your best link to the dressing rooms and the people most likely to clobber you in the future…

Understand that harps go up and down, but you must hope that the up doesn’t happen to often. Word hard to bridge the gaps in geography and divisions because the more you get drunk in Derry the easier it will be to find your way back to the hostel….

Go to section O once but leave before they start to sing…
Go to the stand once but leave before half time to beat the que for chips…

Travel….even if its to Dundalk

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices at the Drogs will rise, the fai will mess up, you to will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young, Drogs prices were reasonable, the fai never made a wrong decision and Alan Reynlods was not a Judas..

Don’t assault officials

Don’t expect anyone else to buy you beer, maybe you have a handy job, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one will run out.

Don’t mess with your hair or by the time your 40, it will look like Dessie Bakers…

Be careful what you say to Drunkin Bohs fans, be patient with the two Shels fans, finding two Shels fans together is a form of nostalgia, listing the former clubs of
Judas Reynolds is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off and realising that 30 pieces of silver goes a long way in the EL, support your team and enjoy the season for what its worth…

But trust me on the buckfast…..

Bosco
01/03/2004, 9:57 PM
By any chance,is this your plan for a t-shirt that you mentioned on another post

max power
02/03/2004, 8:47 AM
no, but that one would look good i think....i am working on 3 ideas for a t shirt, when i have them ready i'll e mail them around to pick one out