PDA

View Full Version : Raf player of the month

Redzer
09/11/2009, 9:34 AM
From the Irish Times

After a string of impressive performances that helped his side towards top-flight safety and a place in the FAI Cup final, Sligo Rovers striker Rafaelle Cretaro has been named the Soccer Writers’ Association of Ireland Player of the Month for October.

Cretaro scored five times during the month.

“It’s gone well, better than I would have expected,” Cretaro said. “If you had told me at the start of the season that I’d score 21 goals, I would have laughed at you, but my game has gone from strength to strength.”

MMVIII
10/11/2009, 9:29 PM
Not sure what paper this was, read it today, Raf was quoted as saying something along the lines of, he is hopeful for a new deal. He owes a lot to Paul Cook and hopes something can be sorted out here. Hes a local and loves playing for the club. And if something couldn't be reached he would have to look elsewhere.

Could have been the herald. Not fully sure though.

sligofan4ever
10/11/2009, 9:43 PM
Not sure what paper this was, read it today, Raf was quoted as saying something along the lines of, he is hopeful for a new deal. He owes a lot to Paul Cook and hopes something can be sorted out here. Hes a local and loves playing for the club. And if something couldn't be reached he would have to look elsewhere.

Could have been the herald. Not fully sure though.

It was in yesterday's Star.

MMVIII
10/11/2009, 9:48 PM
It was in yesterday's Star.

Nearly sure it was todays herald. Seeing as I read it today

sligo23
10/11/2009, 10:16 PM
It was in yesterdays Star too, nearly exactly as you described.

red_away
11/11/2009, 11:47 AM
Pity he couldnt keep his mouth shut until the final is over?????

We dont need and distractions at this point!

CF1989
11/11/2009, 2:03 PM
He was asked the question, no harm answering. Funny how he owes Paul Cook so much. What's that club that Cook manages again?

think Cook lent him some of that hair resteration stuff

Boo_Boy
11/11/2009, 2:20 PM
think Cook lent him some of that hair resteration stuff

Hair dye starting to come back to haunt him..

Kevin L
11/11/2009, 2:48 PM
Lads,
We are looking to hold on to our players, not let them go!

Shedzer
11/11/2009, 3:56 PM
Generous, he hasnt even been Rovers best player, Keane and Peers have been brilliant.
Anyhow, would be good to keep him, his goals have help keep us in the league

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 4:31 PM
jesus cant believe all the negativity towards raf this season. its not often we get a player awarded potm and get in team of the season but everyone is obsessed with him leaving. we all hope he stays, he even said he wants to stay himself if the club can come up with a package to suit him. jesus when hughes bailed out everyone said well done to him and when anto murphy used us for half a season he is still clapped
but raf who has shown nothing but commitment to the club over the years gets the chance of maybe moving to bigger club and getting a big payday everyone starts forgetting how much effort he put in when wearing the jersey down the years.
its not that long ago the club released him in a second without much thought for him. this year raf has been told to play a different style. gone is the rooney type running all over the pitch and he has become more selfish.......and whats the result............21 goals and believe me its his goals that has kept us up, just look at our goal difference this year. lets commend him for this years huge achievement not complain about him. he showed this year he will go down as one of the best strikers ever to grace the shogies

Only1Rovers
11/11/2009, 4:37 PM
jesus cant believe all the negativity towards raf this season. its not often we get a player awarded potm and get in team of the season but everyone is obsessed with him leaving. we all hope he stays, he even said he wants to stay himself if the club can come up with a package to suit him. jesus when hughes bailed out everyone said well done to him and when anto murphy used us for half a season he is still clapped
but raf who has shown nothing but commitment to the club over the years gets the chance of maybe moving to bigger club and getting a big payday everyone starts forgetting how much effort he put in when wearing the jersey down the years.
its not that long ago the club released him in a second without much thought for him. this year raf has been told to play a different style. gone is the rooney type running all over the pitch and he has become more selfish.......and whats the result............21 goals and believe me its his goals that has kept us up, just look at our goal difference this year. lets commend him for this years huge achievement not complain about him. he showed this year he will go down as one of the best strikers ever to grace the shogies

goals win games....

Only1Rovers
11/11/2009, 4:38 PM
goals win games....

pets win prizes....

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 6:07 PM
what do ya mean by his attitude ???

forza rovers
11/11/2009, 6:20 PM
what do ya mean by his attitude ???giving out to players best example bohs in the fai cup away near the very end in our box lets the ball go by him and gives out to joe

avvenalaf
11/11/2009, 7:02 PM
giving out to players best example bohs in the fai cup away near the very end in our box lets the ball go by him and gives out to joe

Whaddayaonabout? I was giving out to Joe and I wasn't even at the match.

Rovers1
11/11/2009, 8:42 PM
We've seen the Raf of old in the past few games (maybe since the Pat's game) where he's been all about work, work, work. But there has been certain stages this season where it has been infurating to watch him. He would go the length of the pitch just to have a go at Shaun Holmes, Alan Keane or Conor O'Grady for a pass that wasn't played perfectly towards him. Raf's a great talent and i hope to God he stays, but his attitude at certain parts of the season towards other team mates has been somewhat on the primadonna side. Especially the example that forza rovers pointed at where Raf just let the ball run in front of him and turned around and screamed 30 yards down the pitch at Joe Kendrick, even though the ball had come in from the opposite wing. As I said, i hope he stays, because he's a great talent but i hope he doesn't think he's a big fish in a small pond next year, because if he stays, I don't think he will be.

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 10:20 PM
i dunno id say after 5 or 6 seasons of playing everywhere and running all over the pitch every game and watching players only give 80% he has finally realised he can be a potent striker and needs to concentrate his efforts on goal and just doing his own job. as for giving out to kendrick................could ya blame him kendrick is a fraud who has put in no effort since his 4th game with us. i for one cant wait to see the back of him. after first few games i seen him play i thought ye, here is a player but i soon saw he is no better than holmes. brink back a half crippled butler anyday

srfc1928
11/11/2009, 10:24 PM
i dunno id say after 5 or 6 seasons of playing everywhere and running all over the pitch every game and watching players only give 80% he has finally realised he can be a potent striker and needs to concentrate his efforts on goal and just doing his own job. as for giving out to kendrick................could ya blame him kendrick is a fraud who has put in no effort since his 4th game with us. i for one cant wait to see the back of him. after first few games i seen him play i thought ye, here is a player but i soon saw he is no better than holmes. brink back a half crippled butler anyday
Jeez, Raf calm down,
you should be resting for the final not getting stressed out on here

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 10:30 PM
sorry danny has me wound up he keeps sticking the best clapper award in my face :D

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 10:34 PM

:rolleyes:

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 10:35 PM
i gather you disagree..........:eek:

SligoBrewer
11/11/2009, 10:46 PM
i gather you disagree..........:eek:

100%.

rovers100%
11/11/2009, 11:12 PM
its a forum for gods sake. show me where it says please post but dont say if ya think a player has underachieved !!! if my opinion is gonna influnece his performance in the cup final he really needs to get a new job, i would love to live in yer world where no one has an opinion if its not promoting people. i think kendrick has under achieved and i will say what i think the very same if he plays well i will commend him. its a grown up world !!!

Redie
12/11/2009, 9:14 AM
It was his attitude that annoyed people. No one is denying the achievement or what he did for Rovers this year. I'd love to have him at the club next year.

What attitude was that exactly - covering every inch of the pitch for ninety minutes and scoring crucial match winning goals.

It is no exaggeration to say that without Raf we would be in the first division next season and we would not be in the Cup Final.

By the way is my memory playing tricks with me again but did Raf not win Player of the Month earlier in the season as well.

dong
12/11/2009, 9:44 AM
Think its a bit harsh on Kendrick though to be slating him now. Many people on here (myself included) and elsewhere heralded him as a great signing based on what they had seen of him previously.
His performances were a bit hit and miss and he probably has lost a yard of pace which has left him exposed at times.
Hardly fair to call him a fraud though. Thats a serious accusation to level at any player. He has done his best and to rate him alongside Holmes is a bit much.

rovers100%
12/11/2009, 3:53 PM
i have to be honest and stand by my opinion whether it be right or wrong. i feel he has put very little effort in since 5th game he played. a friend of mine chatted him one nite out and he said hee wont be with us next year he was only staying for the half season. to come out with that comment to me he is a fraud. people here giving out about raf and all he has done for us and then clap anto murphy when he used us and clap adam hughes who ran for the money as well. kendrick looked terrific first few games but i personally felt his effort went down as we kept getting poor results. as for saying coming on here posting negative does him no help...... if he was a true player it would only spur him on. now knowing my luck he ill score the winner in the final lol:D

Redie
13/11/2009, 9:26 AM
i have to be honest and stand by my opinion whether it be right or wrong. i feel he has put very little effort in since 5th game he played. a friend of mine chatted him one nite out and he said hee wont be with us next year he was only staying for the half season. to come out with that comment to me he is a fraud. people here giving out about raf and all he has done for us and then clap anto murphy when he used us and clap adam hughes who ran for the money as well. kendrick looked terrific first few games but i personally felt his effort went down as we kept getting poor results. as for saying coming on here posting negative does him no help...... if he was a true player it would only spur him on. now knowing my luck he ill score the winner in the final lol:D

And that would be bad luck?:rolleyes:

rovers100%
13/11/2009, 8:22 PM
And that would be bad luck?:rolleyes:

thats your comment not mine. i never said bad luck :rolleyes: foot.ie is great isnt it lol

RoversInn
13/11/2009, 10:33 PM
One thing i'd like to see from Raf next season is getting onside quicker, The way he strolls back is a joke.