PDA

View Full Version : Danny POTY

roversman
07/11/2009, 1:12 PM
are they haven a laugh given danny player of the year

Rovers1
07/11/2009, 1:19 PM
It was Forza Rovers player of the year, it wasn't given for football skills etc. etc. one of the other lads might explain it better. He deserved it, he's an absolute legend.

celticV3
07/11/2009, 1:21 PM
Danny was Forza Rovers player of the year. Its based on who shows the most commitment to the shirt and consistently comes over to the fans after games to appreciate their effort. The requirements aren't necessarily looking for the most skilful or versatile player, its just coincidence Danny V falls into both categories.

sligoman
07/11/2009, 1:21 PM
are they haven a laugh given danny player of the yearHe got it cos he's class. Simple really.

sligofan4ever
07/11/2009, 1:27 PM
You dont have to be the star player every week to be the fans POTY. And Danny is a prime example of a player who gives 100% in every game he plays, he plays for Rovers as if he was born,lived in Sligo his whole life and dreamt of playing for us. He goes out, gives 100% all the time and thats all fans ask for, hes not the most skillful or fancy style footballer, but his commitment and appreciation of fans is really top notch, and to think if not for Rovers he would not be the fine player he is today :D.

Blowin_Rover
07/11/2009, 1:41 PM
well done Danny, thoroughly deserved in my book,take you back earlier in the season when results were going against us,he was always consistant,always trying and motivating the others especially when heads were dropping, Danny was always driving the boys on.Good on you forza boys he may not be he most skillful player but if its heart and guts you want Dannys your man!.....quick mention to the forza lads well done, the singing and the flags...superb!

Rovers1
07/11/2009, 1:41 PM
I don't think the club have an official POTY. FR, DSC have one alright so i presume as things are, Danny is the SR POTY?? :D :D

srfc1928
07/11/2009, 1:53 PM
Well done Danny.

sligo23
07/11/2009, 2:04 PM
He played some decent football at times last night. Always showing for the ball in midfield and using it wisely ,and a great ball to put Cash in for the first goal. I was delighted when i heard he got it, fair play to Forza for not just going for the obvious choice of Raf or Boco but for giving the recognition to a player who really deserves it.
Well done Danny.

Shiba
07/11/2009, 3:47 PM
He got it cos he's class. Simple really.

Class???????????????????????????:confused:

CarrickFan
07/11/2009, 4:41 PM
Danny was Forza Rovers player of the year. Its based on who shows the most commitment to the shirt and consistently comes over to the fans after games to appreciate their effort. The requirements aren't necessarily looking for the most skilful or versatile player, its just coincidence Danny V falls into both categories.

if i come over and clap ye after games can i start up front next season??:):)

roversman
07/11/2009, 5:20 PM
It was Forza Rovers player of the year, it wasn't given for football skills etc. etc. one of the other lads might explain it better. He deserved it, he's an absolute legend.

well they should have called it their favourite player of the year because theres no way he was player of the year
he might give his all but player of the year and being class not

rovers100%
07/11/2009, 5:43 PM
to be fair i can see both views in one sense he has improved a lot and his attitude is top notch but he is limited and can be a liability. ventre has improved fair enough but i would say keane put in as much if not more effort plus blinkhorn works his socks off. to say its given for who acknowledges forza the most is a bit ridiculous to be honest as how can ya give poty for that. at the end of the day its forzas choice who they give the award to but still cant get my head round why ye worship him so much and call him a legend.......... maybe i just cant see what ye do. the lad is honest and hard working and must be commended for that cos we seen a few who wouldnt play for the jersey this year but him ability is limited. well done to him all the same

avvenalaf
07/11/2009, 5:53 PM
Still, you'd gave to say that he was lucky Shaun Holmes left. Holmes used clap louder than Ventre.

CF1989
07/11/2009, 7:25 PM
dannys my favourite player by some distance. anyone see the dummy in the brandywell, the cruyff turn last night or the goal in drogheda? he is the white pele after all

Sean South
08/11/2009, 10:54 AM
are they haven a laugh given danny player of the year

Well considering you're not a member of our group its none of business who choose is it?

MMVIII
08/11/2009, 2:40 PM
if i come over and clap ye after games can i start up front next season??:):)

Good one.

Look, this was our choice. Ye disagree, fine. But no need to take yere opinion as fact.

Danny has been one of the most hard working, committed and important member of the squad this year, not to mention he has played very well. If ye don't like it, do ye're own POTY.

CarrickFan
08/11/2009, 5:37 PM
Good one.

Look, this was our choice. Ye disagree, fine. But no need to take yere opinion as fact.

Danny has been one of the most hard working, committed and important member of the squad this year, not to mention he has played very well. If ye don't like it, do ye're own POTY.

Ah relax the smiley faces denote joke /sarcasm!!...i was just having a laugh.

Ye lads are great for the club and are totally right to have yer own POTY award and to give it too whoever ye see fit...as ye go to more away matches then i do im sure a players commitment etc is more obvious there.

For the record i like Danny as a player and he does give his all every match with what he has..and is indeed an important and versatile member of the squad....
but IMO from the 25 or so games i got to this season Bocu,Raf,Keane,Peers,Blinks(in his half season) and even Dickie B would be ahead of him FOR ME.

Redkenrover
08/11/2009, 5:42 PM
Good one.

Cant believe ye gave it to Danny;)
Seriously, Danny is a smashing lad who you know what you are going to get from him every time he takes to the pitch. Delighted he got ye're award. Its great to see a player get recognition who wouldn't traditionally get a POTY award.
Well done lads.

roversman
08/11/2009, 8:21 PM
Well considering you're not a member of our group its none of business who choose is it?

well if you think he is poy then i am glad i am not one of ye
poy is about football not clapping hands

whiteagle
08/11/2009, 8:35 PM
well if you think he is poty then i am glad i am not one of ye

Exactly well said .. its about football not clapping

Sean South
08/11/2009, 8:42 PM

Oh dear... You obviously think your opinion actual means something... Like I said its our business who we choose get over it.

And its not just for clapping.

srfc1928
08/11/2009, 8:45 PM
Jeez lads get over it.
Forza obviously based their decision on many different aspects and
I think Danny epitomises a lot of what Forza stands for.
Once again well done Danny.

CF1989
08/11/2009, 8:48 PM
he is the biggest legend EVER

roversman
08/11/2009, 8:52 PM
Oh dear... You obviously think your opinion actual means something... Like I said its our business who we choose get over it.

And its just for clapping.

i pay at the gate too so i do have a opinion

sligoman
08/11/2009, 8:54 PM
It's up to FR to pick who they want as POTY. That doesn't mean it can't be disagreed with on here(as with any team of the season things etc.) though, some of the FR members are being very defensive about it here imo. It doesn't matter either way, they've said it wasn't just the traditional POTY award and Danny is commited, no doubt about that. But even if it was given for being the best player, it's still their decision and they can award it to who they like, regardless of what other people think.

At least players are getting some sort of recognition from fans, fair play to FR for doing it.

Sean South
08/11/2009, 8:57 PM
i pay at the gate too so i do have a opinion

Get over yourself. He's the Forza Rovers player of the year. Your not a member of our group so your opinion on this means nothing.

roversman
08/11/2009, 9:00 PM
Get over yourself. He's the Forza Rovers player of the year. Your not a member of our group so your opinion on this means nothing.

i dont think its only my opinion
end of matter

sligoman
08/11/2009, 9:02 PM
i dont think its only my opinion
end of matterYou're not a member of Forza Rovers, your opinion doesn't count for the vote, now let it go.

roversman
08/11/2009, 9:11 PM
You're not a member of Forza Rovers, your opinion doesn't count for the vote, now let it go.

but i am a member

srfc1928
08/11/2009, 9:14 PM

but i am a member
:confused::confused::confused:

roversman
08/11/2009, 9:15 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

yer no fun