PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Pages : [1] 2

BigfeetBigsocks
07/11/2009, 7:55 AM
Heard that Limerick FC have taken over or in process of taken over All weather complex in Corbally...

Jesus if true its a good sign to have a quality facility at there disposal if they decided to use it for matches or training.

But the ironic thing would be several junior clubs use the facility at present so it would benefit Limerick to have better relationship with Junior Section to help fund this new adventure....

Would love to know which PRO will take this job on to bridge the divide
and make one big happy family :D

bluewhitearmy
07/11/2009, 11:15 AM
Pat o sullivan said in a speech after Liverpool game that they were taking over sean coil alright. About the junior thing Limerick are sponsoring 5 or 6 teams schoolboy i think and pat said something about bussing clubs out to train in sean coil. Thats just what i got from speech dont know full details.

Jofspring
07/11/2009, 12:54 PM
Great if true. This will give Limerick FC some kind of income until the season kicks off in March and continuously after.

Monkfish
08/11/2009, 1:47 AM
bridge the divide

Just cause theres a few bittter knobheads around town and on here hardly means theres a divide.

I reckon Pike should get to use it for free considering there kindness to the club over the years and even with that they have 1 or 2 people who dislike us.

Roadend
10/11/2009, 8:55 AM
I thought the guy who owns sean choill put 1.5m into it, or so he said at the time. He's not just giving it away?

Monkfish
10/11/2009, 9:32 AM
He's not just giving it away?

Dont be silly. :)

L37Ultra
10/11/2009, 12:41 PM
I thought the guy who owns sean choill put 1.5m into it, or so he said at the time. He's not just giving it away?

Who said Limerick are getting it for nothing ;)

Roadend
10/11/2009, 12:56 PM
Nobody, why?

L37Ultra
10/11/2009, 1:11 PM
Nobody, why?

Because you implied that the owner was giving it away?

Roadend
10/11/2009, 3:42 PM
Because you implied that the owner was giving it away?

I was only trying to weasel out a bit of info, but that's gonna happen ;)

L37Ultra
11/11/2009, 10:15 AM
I was only trying to weasel out a bit of info, but that's gonna happen ;)

Well I hardly doubt Limerick have 1.5m to be spending on an Astro Turf pitch so wonder why they getting it?

BigfeetBigsocks
11/11/2009, 3:49 PM
Well I hardly doubt Limerick have 1.5m to be spending on an Astro Turf pitch so wonder why they getting it?

Its a first class facility with that Astro Turf Pitch being of Uefa Standard and the dressing rooms etc are of a high standard as well. I think its a great move rather than moving slowly with the market place thing least this will generate money all year round for the club. Only thing they would need to sort out is the massive pot holes coming into it :D

Jofspring
11/11/2009, 3:53 PM

Might have got a very good price on it that the rental of it should help pay or something along those lines. I'm sure there will be some kind of official announcement about this. Throw up a couple of stands i say and we'll have the next Oriel Park :p:D

Monkfish
11/11/2009, 4:13 PM
massive pot holes

Certainly needs a good slap of tar alright. Wonder would Whelans mind a few lorry loads on 'tic'.

Daydreamer
12/11/2009, 2:11 PM
Just cause theres a few bittter knobheads around town and on here hardly means theres a divide.

I reckon Pike should get to use it for free considering there kindness to the club over the years and even with that they have 1 or 2 people who dislike us.

True dont think they should try and block players going to Limerick though Eg holding John Boyles Registration and keeping up a big fuss. at leas Fairview have been kind with letting players go and better themselves with more players supplied to the senior side in the last few years than anybody. Pike are an excellent club but i definately think that more players shold be encouraged by them to play with lIMERICK . With all Pikes success in the last number of years it amazes me that only one player has signed senior

Monkfish
12/11/2009, 2:37 PM
it amazes me that only one player has signed senior

Think everyone sees how Fairview 'struggled' after letting so many of their team go a few years back and thought fcuk that.

Theres a few around town who may or may not be better in certain positions than some of the current squad but as regards building promotion chasing squad im not sure theres anyone local whos good enough at the moment.

blinkx
13/11/2009, 12:02 AM
True don't think they should try and block players going to Limerick though Eg holding John Boyles Registration and kicking up a big fuss. At least Fairview have been kind with letting players go and better themselves with more players supplied to the senior side in the last few years than anybody.

Firstly there a hell of alot of people around that go with the notion that Junior Clubs have been "Too nice" to Limerick, especially Pike over recent seasons.

And I don't understand how Fairview have "bettered" themselves by leaving players join Limerick? Last seasons Munster Junior Cup win being the only standout win in Recent seasons. Not exactly bettering themselves from the FAI Cup winning sides.

L37Ultra
13/11/2009, 12:50 AM
Firstly there a hell of alot of people around that go with the notion that Junior Clubs have been "Too nice" to Limerick, especially Pike over recent seasons.

And I don't understand how Fairview have "bettered" themselves by leaving players join Limerick? Last seasons Munster Junior Cup win being the only standout win in Recent seasons. Not exactly bettering themselves from the FAI Cup winning sides.

He meant the players bettered themselves, not fairview.

Daydreamer
13/11/2009, 5:36 PM
Think everyone sees how Fairview 'struggled' after letting so many of their team go a few years back and thought fcuk that.

Theres a few around town who may or may not be better in certain positions than some of the current squad but as regards building promotion chasing squad im not sure theres anyone local whos good enough at the moment.

Ya I take your point but there definately a few with good squad potential that could help Hanrahan and Judge if they were willing to give it a go.I actually think there could be some of the older lads like mcgarry or sniffer if they were willing to put in the commitment would definately benefit Limerick in the first division. I just think its a shame that a lot of lads with obvious potential dont give it a go. i suppose its easy be a big fish in a small pond

Monkfish
14/11/2009, 1:45 AM
i suppose its easy be a big fish in a small pond

Plenty of big egos have got a little sore over the last few years when they didnt make it at senior level (same people running round town spreading rumours and lies regarding the club)

Can understand the older lads staying at junior level, picking up a few quid and enjoying their football but plenty of younger lads wont even try in case their found out. Much easyer to say 'I wouldnt play for that shower'.

Second biggest problem the club has (behind the ground issue) is not having a youth system from the ground up.

gaidin
16/11/2009, 7:23 AM
Plenty of big egos have got a little sore over the last few years when they didnt make it at senior level (same people running round town spreading rumours and lies regarding the club)

Can understand the older lads staying at junior level, picking up a few quid and enjoying their football but plenty of younger lads wont even try in case their found out. Much easyer to say 'I wouldnt play for that shower'.

Second biggest problem the club has (behind the ground issue) is not having a youth system from the ground up.

Is this something the club could put in place? What leagues are available for LOI youth/schoolboy teams or could they play in the local limerick leagues?

gael353
16/11/2009, 4:21 PM
Is this something the club could put in place?

tried last year to enter an under 17/18 closing date of application was not surprisingly brought forward on hearing that the club was going to enter teams. i think if we try this year it would be something like you have to have been a club since 1902 and no later to enter etc etc

Jofspring
16/11/2009, 5:54 PM
tried last year to enter an under 17/18 closing date of application was not surprisingly brought forward on hearing that the club was going to enter teams. i think if we try this year it would be something like you have to have been a club since 1902 and no later to enter etc etc

I wonder if there would be anyway of partnering up with a club that would be willing to do it. There are a lot of clubs around town struggling to get underage teams or facilities for training for that matter. With Limerick now supposedly having Sean Choills could this not be used to convince clubs who need help that joining up with Limerick FC will benefit both Limerick FC and themselves. Limerick FC help with the training facilities etc... and the volunteers within the Junior club will help with the training of the kids and the usual thing the volunteers do for their clubs. Limerick FC can offer that players will train the kids on some nights or somehow link up the coaches that did the soccer camps during the season. I see this kind of thing happen in rugby a lot, some top players will go back to their clubs and do a little training with the kids or even senior players within the squad will help out. The kids love it an it makes them want to stay with their club, continue playing and support their senior team. It will also bring through a few players for Limerick FC who would have loyalty to the club if it was done right. In the long run it can only be good for the club.

Thats just a rough idea on something that can be done but i think its a good way of getting football going from the ground up within Limerick FC.

gaidin
17/11/2009, 7:19 AM
I wonder if there would be anyway of partnering up with a club that would be willing to do it. There are a lot of clubs around town struggling to get underage teams or facilities for training for that matter. With Limerick now supposedly having Sean Choills could this not be used to convince clubs who need help that joining up with Limerick FC will benefit both Limerick FC and themselves. Limerick FC help with the training facilities etc... and the volunteers within the Junior club will help with the training of the kids and the usual thing the volunteers do for their clubs. Limerick FC can offer that players will train the kids on some nights or somehow link up the coaches that did the soccer camps during the season. I see this kind of thing happen in rugby a lot, some top players will go back to their clubs and do a little training with the kids or even senior players within the squad will help out. The kids love it an it makes them want to stay with their club, continue playing and support their senior team. It will also bring through a few players for Limerick FC who would have loyalty to the club if it was done right. In the long run it can only be good for the club.

Thats just a rough idea on something that can be done but i think its a good way of getting football going from the ground up within Limerick FC.

Caherdavin could be 1 such club :) They always have good schoolboy teams and they could do with some help regarding facilities..

Jofspring
17/11/2009, 10:35 PM
Caherdavin could be 1 such club :) They always have good schoolboy teams and they could do with some help regarding facilities..

Very true gaidin and plenty more teams around like us. Would be nice to see something happen linking some kind of underage setup with Limerick FC.

trueview6
23/11/2009, 12:43 AM
True dont think they should try and block players going to Limerick though Eg holding John Boyles Registration and keeping up a big fuss. at leas Fairview have been kind with letting players go and better themselves with more players supplied to the senior side in the last few years than anybody. Pike are an excellent club but i definately think that more players shold be encouraged by them to play with lIMERICK . With all Pikes success in the last number of years it amazes me that only one player has signed senior
Get a grip do you think we were happy with losing 14 players to limerick in the space of 3yrs.

passerrby
23/11/2009, 5:11 PM
you dont lose players if your truley in it for the game you should be proud to say that you have developed 14 players that went on to senior football.

Monkfish
24/11/2009, 2:20 AM
Get a grip do you think we were happy with losing 14 players to limerick in the space of 3yrs.

To be fair ye got a lot of them back. Slightly soiled but back none the less.:)

Boroman
24/11/2009, 7:20 AM

sure fairview poached them from other clubs did they not?a case of the pot calling the kettle black

L37Ultra
24/11/2009, 12:40 PM

I doubt if a big English club came along and signed a Fairview player you would describe it as losing a player, you wouldnt be very proud of this.

The fact that your not that some of your better players sign with Limerick shows the terrible attitude in town.

Boroman
24/11/2009, 10:27 PM
here here

L37Ultra
27/11/2009, 1:15 PM

Were you unhappy when Duggan left Fairview to go on and sign with Plymouth?

trueview6
30/11/2009, 11:01 AM
Were you unhappy when Duggan left Fairview to go on and sign with Plymouth?
Of course i was happy he went to england i think theres a big difference between:rolleyes: limerick and plymouth,but limerick signed players that werent good enough for eircomm league, thank god it wont be happening again we have no one interested in going to limerick.

Jofspring
30/11/2009, 9:04 PM
Of course i was happy he went to england i think theres a big difference between:rolleyes: limerick and plymouth,but limerick signed players that werent good enough for eircomm league, thank god it wont be happening again we have no one interested in going to limerick.

Well from the word going around Scully is looking at players that are experienced quality LOI players not players from junior sides so i don't think its going to bother anyone if the Fairview lads aren't interested in signing.

Monkfish
30/11/2009, 10:19 PM
i don't think its going to bother anyone if the Fairview lads aren't interested in signing.

Exactly, besides their own egos who cares? fine for a mid-table Div 1 team but we need to look a lot higher (is possible) for a promotion chasing team.

L37Ultra
30/11/2009, 11:32 PM

Yes there's a big difference but still should be proud your players are gone onto better things.

No, it won't be happening again becuse there's no one on that team that is good enough for Tye squad that is being put together for Limerick for next season.

trueview6
04/12/2009, 5:11 PM
Yes there's a big difference but still should be proud your players are gone onto better things.

No, it won't be happening again becuse there's no one on that team that is good enough for Tye squad that is being put together for Limerick for next season.
Ha ha ha ha ha chucka,finucane,judge, i think those three at there ease would get on the limerick side and i think you could have done with them last season considering a times ye didnt have a centre half, as for next season time will tell it would be nice to have something to cheer about

bluewhitearmy
04/12/2009, 6:04 PM
Dont agree with Finny maybe a few years ago. Would Judge not be a bit light and who is he better then in our midfield? Id take Chucka though.

da bishop
04/12/2009, 7:18 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha chucka,finucane,judge, i think those three at there ease would get on the limerick side and i think you could have done with them last season considering a times ye didnt have a centre half, as for next season time will tell it would be nice to have something to cheer about

dont think so tv6,chucka had potential and started well,the minute the butcher got the boot chucka went downhill.people have always been blind to finucanes ability again had loads of potential but at the end of the day was a failure.judge is just not good enough though is a decent junior player.

Monkfish
05/12/2009, 9:49 AM
Ha ha ha ha ha chucka,finucane,judge,

Decent players ya.

Good enough for a promotion push? no.

Daydreamer
07/12/2009, 9:02 AM
chucka would be good enough for a promotion push imo as would barrett but both of them have non footballing reasons for not playing with Limerick which is a pity cos they are two experienced guys that would help the young lads along

sadloserkid
07/12/2009, 11:49 AM
Buckley is (or was at any rate) a better defender than Martin Deady and an infinitely better centre-half than Brian O'Callaghan looked for much of this year to say nothing of the likes of Boyle and Roche being played out of position there. With Paddy's injury record of late centre-half is definitely a problem position for us. Buckley or Finucane would defintely be worth a look in an ideal world though it's all a bit rudundant given Buckley's work commitments.

Judge is still only a young lad too and would be worth a squad place based on his previous time with the club. Kavanagh aside we're a bit light on quick wingers. Shane Tracey is technically excellent but not overly quick or mobile. I wouldn't start Judge ahead of either of them but that doesn't mean he's not worthwhile. Don't know how interested he is though?

BigfeetBigsocks
07/12/2009, 12:02 PM
Bottom Line... Monkfish, Gael and crew dont think there good enough, so waste of time debating on here.

Secondly i started this thread asking is it true that Limerick had taken over the All weather Facility in Corbally how did it get off topic dont tell me someone made a retarded post (mf words) and changed the topic :eek:

So i will ask again Is it true they have taken over the All Weather Facility ?

sadloserkid
07/12/2009, 1:31 PM
Bottom Line... Monkfish, Gael and crew dont think there good enough, so waste of time debating on here.

Secondly i started this thread asking is it true that Limerick had taken over the All weather Facility in Corbally how did it get off topic dont tell me someone made a retarded post (mf words) and changed the topic :eek:

So i will ask again Is it true they have taken over the All Weather Facility ?

I haven't a clue tbh.

gael353
07/12/2009, 7:36 PM
ill answer that....when/if its announced. but till then i haven't a clue either

no17 fan
07/12/2009, 11:20 PM
if they have taken over the place its irrelevent really, income wise you're talking about a maximum profit of 1000 euro p/w and this won't pay the wages of more than 3 or 4 squad players, hopefully the markets field becomes a reality and more people are attracted to the gate

Jofspring
07/12/2009, 11:28 PM
if they have taken over the place its irrelevent really, income wise you're talking about a maximum profit of 1000 euro p/w and this won't pay the wages of more than 3 or 4 squad players, hopefully the markets field becomes a reality and more people are attracted to the gate

Nothing wrong with an extra €1,000 euro profit a week.

limunlim
07/12/2009, 11:36 PM

I second that. To borrow a certain British chain's phrase, every little helps.

sadloserkid
08/12/2009, 12:01 AM

Absolutely. If it only paid your bench it's still a grand you don't have to find somewhere else.

Monkfish
08/12/2009, 1:05 AM

Debate all you want. None of us are the manager so whats agreed/disagreed on here means fcuk all.