PDA

View Full Version : Last game of season V Limerick

Pages : [1] 2

Keen2win
06/11/2009, 7:27 PM
I'm going for a 3-1 win for the Red n Black tomorrow night! It's the last game of the season, do ye think we'll get over 300 out to it?

De Town
06/11/2009, 7:32 PM
It's the last game of the season, do ye think we'll get over 300 out to it?
Nope, the usual 150/200 I'd say.

Reckon it'll be a high scoring draw myself, 2-2, maybe 3-3.

Keen2win
06/11/2009, 7:34 PM
Well I heard a few people talking about going to it! I'd say we will get a bit more than usual out to it.

Longfordian
06/11/2009, 7:37 PM
Hopefully a few might have taken notice of last week's game and decide to head out. I like the look of 2-2 as well.

Tallanted
06/11/2009, 8:05 PM
Be the same old people out there tomorrow night, reckon a close game that we might nick 3-2 or 4-2

RonnieB
07/11/2009, 3:08 PM
And now, the end is near,
And so I face the final 90 minutes.
My friends, I'll say it clear;
I'll state my case of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full -
I've travelled each and every highway (from tulsk to sligo....)
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets? I've had a few, like running my mouth off....
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do (all in the name for my love for my club..)
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course - (roadworks in strokestown not withstanding)
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off more than I could chew, (two hotdogs what was I thinking?)
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out. (hah!)
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried,
I've had my fill - my share of losing. (a lot of this lately :) )
But now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that,
And may I say, not in a shy way -
Oh no. Oh no, not me.
I did it my way.

For what is a man? What has he got?
If not his Longford Football Club.. - Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows (well that pats fan did..)
And did it my way.

Yes, it was my way.

Apologies for the above drivel... :) Last game of another season guys and gals.

Longfordian
07/11/2009, 3:11 PM
Brings a tear to the eye and puke to the mouth.

RonnieB
07/11/2009, 3:13 PM
puke to the mouth.

That's the bitter sweet taste of victory so it is!

Longfordian
07/11/2009, 3:20 PM
I'm looking forward to tonight for once. Nothing at stake, and we're guaranteed goals I think.

RonnieB
07/11/2009, 3:20 PM
A Lynch hat-trick or a hat trick of hat tricks...

De Town
07/11/2009, 3:22 PM
Nothing at stake, and we're guaranteed goals I think.

That's that so, bank account has been placed on 0-0. :)

Longfordian
07/11/2009, 3:24 PM
When was the last time we had a 0-0 actually, Harps at home was it?. I'd be fairly confident we'll let in at least one!.

De Town
07/11/2009, 3:36 PM
When was the last time we had a 0-0 actually, Harps at home was it?. I'd be fairly confident we'll let in at least one!.
Ha I know, overs is probably the bet in this one!

RonnieB
08/11/2009, 5:35 PM
Who won the various awards?

Tallanted
08/11/2009, 5:52 PM
Poty Tom King
YPoty Justin Perrin
Goal of Year Colm Jinks v Monaghon
Player of month October Derek Glynn
Junior supporters club Poty Adrian Murphy

ltfc_2004
09/11/2009, 2:06 PM
good to see a strokestown man picking up an award

Martinho II
10/11/2009, 9:47 AM
good to see a strokestown man picking up an award

justin is extremely highly rated. he has bein with us over the last four years.. He trained a few times with the first team squad.. He also got played during preseason by Alan Gough and was rather badly treated when he wasnt asked back. I work with his dad at work will love to see him get a first team start next season..Delighted for him.

RonnieB
10/11/2009, 12:01 PM
Fair play to Brian Mcarthy came over at the end as always. Wish him all the best if he ends up away from us next season.

sorbothegreek
10/11/2009, 4:08 PM
Fair play to Brian Mcarthy came over at the end as always. Wish him all the best if he ends up away from us next season.

Here-Here.

I might have voted Tom for player of the season but nobody came close to McCarthy for that little bit of crowd acknowledgement; the slight feeling that someone somewhere may have appreciated that fact that you showed up to stand in the wind and rain to watch their efforts week in and week out.

Good man Brian.

Tallanted
10/11/2009, 4:20 PM
Clapped the fans every home and away game and even when he was sent off against monaghan he applauded the fans that gave him a standin ovation, he appreciated the fans as much as we did him, not enough genuine players like him left these days.

Longfordian
10/11/2009, 4:26 PM
Yeah he seems like a really sound lad, was always available to chat to people after games. In an ideal world we'd keep hold of him as his contract is up with Bohs but he'll probably get a better offer from someone else.

Acornvilla
10/11/2009, 4:30 PM
yeah on at the bray match i was watching the warm up and shouted 'i love you brian' and he took it well he seems a realy nice guy. he generally sems to apreciate the fact were there

Keen2win
10/11/2009, 6:14 PM
Ye I don't like the way most of the players don't turn around to acknowledge Section O and barly lift their heads for the Stand! We might not be hugh in numbers but as someone else said, we're there, week in, week out!

Also a little thing, I'm surprised the Red n Black pack award wasn't given to Mick Lee??

De Town
10/11/2009, 6:41 PM
Also a little thing, I'm surprised the Red n Black pack award wasn't given to Mick Lee??

Why? He was crap all season apart from about 5 games when he first broke into the team.

Keen2win
10/11/2009, 6:45 PM
Well Adrian wasn't great either and with it being his first year and being from Longford and all!

De Town
10/11/2009, 6:47 PM
Well Adrian wasn't great either and with it being his first year and being from Longford and all!

Ah Murph was much better then Mick throughout the season. And it wasn't Mick's first season, made 1 or 2 appearances last season IIRC.

Keen2win
10/11/2009, 6:51 PM
Thats a matter of opinion but I thaught Micky would have appealed more for the younger contingint who probably voted on that award!

Acornvilla
10/11/2009, 9:31 PM
Thats a matter of opinion but I thaught Micky would have appealed more for the younger contingint who probably voted on that award!
neither of them deserved an award
brian should have been given it if tom got poty

Tallanted
10/11/2009, 9:49 PM
It was an award that the kids voted on and Adrian Murphy would have appealed because he was local and a regular in the team most weeks. It was more for the kids to be involved if anthin, wouldnt begrudge Muroh it, had a very good season by all accounts.

Acornvilla
10/11/2009, 9:54 PM
average season at a push.. but have no problem with the guy winning. it will hopefully do him a bit of good!

Tallanted
10/11/2009, 10:11 PM
For a striker who was played out of position on the right and compared to majority of other players in the squad i would hardly call it average. Gave 110% everytime he put the jersey on, sounds like your watchin too much of the premiership.

Acornvilla
10/11/2009, 10:50 PM
For a striker who was played out of position on the right and compared to majority of other players in the squad i would hardly call it average. Gave 110% everytime he put the jersey on, sounds like your watchin too much of the premiership.
well being one of the better players of a very bad squad bar a few exceptions is in my books pretty average thats just my opinion. believe me i'm not watching enough premership, too much street league more like it :D and i know the lad gives his all i cant falt him for that. but at this moment in time his best wouldnt be good enough for most teams

Martinho II
11/11/2009, 9:51 AM
Ah Murph was much better then Mick throughout the season. And it wasn't Mick's first season, made 1 or 2 appearances last season IIRC.

Mick lee made his debut the season before last I think under Aaron Callaghan.. Aaron was asking about him when I spoke to him after the UCD game and said that it was him that gave him his debut..

Martinho II
11/11/2009, 9:56 AM
Brian McCarthy is one of my favourite players to talk to.He sounds like hes very interested in what you says compared to certain other players..Anyone that gets on with ash gets on with me! Fair play to him for applauding us.. Yet again the players were going off the pitch on saturday and only for Brian calling them over nobody would have come over. Even when the players came over I dont think the whole squad for the night came over.

Oh by the way there is a conflict of opinion on who scored sat night? Over on section o we give it to Kevin Cronin. Who does anyone give the goal to? Tony Ghee gave it to Tom King a few people over that side gave it to Tom King. Im sure the ball touched Cronin on the way in! On Kevins Cronins facebook he is adamant that it is his and his first ever loi goal !

Longfordian
11/11/2009, 10:00 AM
The defenders were all congratulating Cronin on the way back for the restart so I assumed it was him as well. Don't think Tony was too sure himself as he was kind of hesitant before saying it had been credited to Tom King.

pineapple stu
11/11/2009, 4:08 PM
Anyone got a crowd guesstimate for this one? The only Longford gap I have!

RonnieB
11/11/2009, 4:22 PM

L.T.F.C.
12/11/2009, 2:26 AM

a sorry amount.

total hoofball
30/11/2009, 11:25 AM
Can someone post up here Longford's starting XI and used substitutes for this match please??

Thanks

Acornvilla
30/11/2009, 12:23 PM
Can someone post up here Longford's starting XI and used substitutes for this match please??

Thanks
http://www.longfordleader.ie/sport/39Town-end-season-with-11.5805215.jp
you might find this intresting i'm still looking for the team now

TheBoss
07/01/2010, 3:12 PM
Any luck with the starting lineup and subs ?

Tallanted
07/01/2010, 3:34 PM
It will be hard to find the right line up on the net considering extratime have the game down for 2-1 Limerick win as do walkthechalk.

Martinho II
07/01/2010, 3:55 PM
Any luck with the starting lineup and subs ?

theboss you may be in luck as I collect newspaper cutouts of various town games over the years.. Leave it with me and I will get you the LTFC starting XI and subs!!:)

TheBoss
13/01/2010, 11:30 PM
Did you manage to find it ?

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 9:20 AM
Did you manage to find it ?

sorry the boss it completely slipped my mind.. I will do it later today..:(

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 1:59 PM
as promised this is the longford town team that played against limerick on the last day of last season:

shanahan,kenny,mccartney,mccarthy, cronin,russo, curran,king,glynn,lynch,murphy subs:mcmillan, D McKenna, Lee

apologies about delay in getting back to you the Boss..

TheBoss
14/01/2010, 2:03 PM
Great Stuff ! Have the First Completed Now.

For a bonus point, do you the know subs out and mins ?

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 3:33 PM

thats something that I will have to check the newspaper cutout for ! again leave that with me! I will look for that article over the weekend!

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 6:36 PM

Subs were mcmillan for Lynch 66 mins
D McKenna for Murphy 68 mins
Lee for Russo 89 mins

I think I deserve the bonus point now!!:D

TheBoss
16/01/2010, 11:32 PM
Were the Limerick Sub Mins on paper cutout ?