PDA

View Full Version : Alan Mannus

Steve Bruce
06/11/2009, 1:55 PM
How has he settled in the LOI? Is he doing well?

dfx-
06/11/2009, 2:41 PM
He's done fine except for one big mishap in Dundalk

Hard to judge him yet. It's very much depending on which Rovers fan you listen to so far.

Martinho II
06/11/2009, 5:25 PM
mannus must be doing all right if hes keepin murphy out of the shams first team.. I saw in one of the papers today that Bohs want Murphy to be their new goalie..

Dyl10
06/11/2009, 8:36 PM
mannus must be doing all right if hes keepin murphy out of the shams first team.. I saw in one of the papers today that Bohs want Murphy to be their new goalie..

Allegedly Barry Murphy was stitched up, as opposed to it being fair competition.

RoversHead
07/11/2009, 12:36 AM
Mannus ,strange one this and something is not quite right.Murphy lost his place to Mannus without having any dip in form, in fact up untill he was dropped he would have been recognised as being up there with his name sake at Bohs as one of the best keepers and is without doubt one of the best shot stoppers we have ever had.The manager seemed to think that Baz was too short in height to command a presence in the box at set pieces and wanted a bigger more dominant figure so Mannus was brought in and Baz was sidelined.The thing is Mannus is no more dominent around the box on what Ive seen and lacks Murphys shot stopping ability.
Tonight I expected Baz to be given a shout as there was nothing for us in the game except to celebrate our Euro qualification with the squad, but again Mannus played and for the third game in a row was found wanting at that crucial moment .Im not anti Mannus but Murphy has been poorly treated by the manager and Mannus still has a lot to prove.